GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza, most of my HC questions have been answered throughout this thread, but I have a couple more

- Will you guys make rank stay at your highest for rewards and not drop? Like what it was in Beta

- Is a top down view, instead of tilted, possible for the future in Gwent?

- Do you guys consider adding armor on cards outside of the expected March Update ones?

Do you have plans to return keywords like Truce and Stubborn in the future to prevent the abuse of some card effects?

When you introduce a new faction will its cards be put into the existing keg pool or would it have seperate kegs?

Last edited:
I was wondering if there was any plans to rework some Gwent multiplayer thronebreaker cards? A couple seem to be really good like Karathisus, Eyck and Reynard but a couple seem to fall really short like Strays of spalla, Gascon, Barnabus and Black rayla. Any chance of reworking these cards as I feel like Thronebreaker gameplay should introduce more enticing cards than what has been given

We'll see, but nothing concrete to share right now.

When will you release new avatars? There has been a big avatar leak a long time ago (including Caldywn, the nilfgaardian from Thronebreaker for example) and I think it would be a waste and a shame not to just release those and maybe allow us to buy some of those for powder.

Also, will the missing board from Thronebreaker be released for Gwent aswell? It's in the last part I think, the one with stone floor and buildings. And the bridge board would be awesome too, so are those planned to release yet?

And most importantly, what about our Cahir avatar? You know we deserve it:)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
hey burza, I saw an apparent one time message in game saying we would be rewarded for our highest achieved rank this season and not just the end point but I haven't seen that stated anywhere else. Is that true? Does that just mean for the reward points or also where our rank resets to?

Being right at rank 4 leaves me stuck playing the one or two decks I'm quite confident in for ranked where it's very competitive feeling, probably more than pro ladder since other than the people competing for top MMR they don't really have anything to lose, or I go to casual to try out other decks but I'm usually just smashing card smiths which doesn't give me real feed back on how the new deck is.

Hey!
Are the collection contracts (for collecting x amount of cards, finishing your collection, finishing your premium collection etc.) going to come back? They were in the game when Homecoming released, but taken out (supposedly temporarily) because they weren't working properly.

Actually I was hoping to know for the entire ladder system. Is there a difference in how your fMMR resets at Rank 25 to Rank 5? Is it different again at Pro Rank? How is it different if it is? Does it depend on how much fMMR with a faction you have? As many juicy details as you can possibly provide XD

Thanks,
Lothari

We'll be updating the description on the website for the Feb season, so hold tight please. :)

Hello Burza, congratulations for the presentation work of the new leaders!

Are you planning something special for Gwent related to the launch of the series on Netflix?
I think it would be very good for the image of the game and you could bring new players.

Nope, we are not affiliated with the series in any way, but we're excited to watch it!

could you reword (or change the effect) on many "if you control the highest unit" cards?

if those cards should trigger when either you or both players have the highest card it should mention that a tie will also count

Will add it to the list!

Hello!
I wanted to ask if you’re considering bringing back currency rewards once you hit a certain rank. Like in pre-homecoming when you’d hit a certain rank you’d gain a certain amount of powder/scrap/kegs. With the current system you could make these rewards obtainable once per season since you can fall back down certain ranks. I know we get the portrait avatars once we hit a rank but after that’s done once the only thing to look forward to is the reward points at the end of the season as we climb ranks.

Thanks for all you do to make this game amazing :)

We need the seasonal trees to be active first.

Is there going to be any fixes with the update that adds new leaders to the game?currently it takes so long to find a match in ps4 version of gwent and it happens so many times that it just keep searching for opponent and when I want to cancel it nothing happens and i have to close the game and start it again.as I see it on the twitch streams,pc players don't have any problems with finding matches!does it get solved with this patch?it gets really frustrating !

There will be fixes coming in with the Thronebreaker Leaders Update.

Heya Burza,

Super disappointed in the new leader ability. To me this reads as a midranging of what could have been an interesting Tactics archetype. I had been hoping for more leaders like Dema who don’t just reward you for playing a non-Midrange strategy, but actively help you do so in the face of damage based control. Our leader preview helps a tactic deck act more like a damage based control deck instead of helping some of the interesting tactic combos like Meno/Assire/Skellen/Horn. Are there any plans to make archetypes besides tempo heavy midrange decks viable?

To clarify my concerns more; when I read things like Schirru being toned down (one of the only unique finishers in the game) or see things like enforcers having three power in the preview (making an engine three strength is a nerf regardless of supply reduction) or see nerfs to things like Stennis last patch (who was already not competitively viable) it leads me to believe that CDPR is not interested in supporting the type of gwent that players like me enjoy playing the most.

Do you think this next patch will address concerns of players like me? Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy meme decks as much as the next guy — but there’s a reason my NR fMMR is in the pits after spending 200 games on pro ladder trying to make Dema work and I don’t think it’s just because I’m bad (though that is certainly a factor). Do you see high tier archetypes being plausibly viable besides tempo heavy midrange decks populated with removal, boosts, and units that otherwise stop mattering once their Deploy have triggered?

1) In short yes, the only change to Schirru is lower provision and the ability for him to destroy himself, that's it.
2) Some concerns will be addressed, but we'll have to wait and see how the meta develops after the changes
3) We'll see

Last edited:
Why did you move away from the idea of making artifacts less binary, and instead only having a straight up removal option to deal with them? Would it simply take too much work to implement such a change? As of right now almost all of the artifacts have been nerfed since the launch of homecoming, most notably Sihil.

This could perhaps have been avoided if we had more options to deal with them. (temporary or permanent locking, manipulating their cooldown / uses, etc). Do you think you can balance them properly with the way they're currently designed?

There will be also some changes coming in to Wyvern Scale Shield and Mastercrafted Spear. Having too much removal for artifacts would't make much sense, because you would not want these cards in your deck when playing against a non-artifact deck.

hey burza, I saw an apparent one time message in game saying we would be rewarded for our highest achieved rank this season and not just the end point but I haven't seen that stated anywhere else. Is that true? Does that just mean for the reward points or also where our rank resets to?

Being right at rank 4 leaves me stuck playing the one or two decks I'm quite confident in for ranked where it's very competitive feeling, probably more than pro ladder since other than the people competing for top MMR they don't really have anything to lose, or I go to casual to try out other decks but I'm usually just smashing card smiths which doesn't give me real feed back on how the new deck is.

Right now the system rewards you for your current rank and not the highest in the season.

Hey!
Are the collection contracts (for collecting x amount of cards, finishing your collection, finishing your premium collection etc.) going to come back? They were in the game when Homecoming released, but taken out (supposedly temporarily) because they weren't working properly.

Maybe in the future.

Hello Burza, most of my HC questions have been answered throughout this thread, but I have a couple more

- Will you guys make rank stay at your highest for rewards and not drop? Like what it was in Beta

- Is a top down view, instead of tilted, possible for the future in Gwent?

- Do you guys consider adding armor on cards outside of the expected March Update ones?

1) We are thinking about it
2) Not planned right now
3) Not planned

Do you have plans to return keywords like Truce and Stubborn in the future to prevent the abuse of some card effects?

When you introduce a new faction will its cards be put into the existing keg pool or would it have seperate kegs?

Too soon to say for both.

When will you release new avatars? There has been a big avatar leak a long time ago (including Caldywn, the nilfgaardian from Thronebreaker for example) and I think it would be a waste and a shame not to just release those and maybe allow us to buy some of those for powder.

Also, will the missing board from Thronebreaker be released for Gwent aswell? It's in the last part I think, the one with stone floor and buildings. And the bridge board would be awesome too, so are those planned to release yet?

And most importantly, what about our Cahir avatar? You know we deserve it:)

Not planned right now, first we need seasonal trees working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom