When you are talking about "new page", do you mean entire Wild Board page, including Wild Boar tree, Thronebreaker tree and Thronebreaker leader trees(since they are part of this new Wild Boar page), or are you talking specifically about Wild Boar Tree only? In other words, will Thronebrekaer leader trees go away along Wild Boar tree or will they stay open indefinitely?The new page will be available all year, that should be enough time to unlock everything
Hi! Thanks for the kind words!Dear Pawel,
Many thanks to you, Jason, and the Team for your hard work on this most promising CCG of 2019 (IMO).
As a preamble to my question, the recently established Dota Auto Chess have a set of tribe mechanics (bonuses for having X different units of the same tribe on the board). These tribe mechanics combine nicely and allow another layer of synergies between units (not only by abilities, but by tribes themselves). E.g. having 2 trolls gives them bonus attack speed, having 2 shamans gives insta-hex at the start of the round, having 3/6 elves gives increasing evasion bonus, etc.
So, one question if I may: can we expect similar tribe bonuses in Gwent? My guess is that the game would become much more diverse and immersive at the same time; every unit would feel unique, alive and interacting with the board... at the cost of balancing out all those bonuses. Some of them might be miniscule but important in terms of enabling synergies for cheap bronzes; while others might be more powerful but harder to get on the board (giving more time for opponent to react). overall, IMO it would give more space to designers to provide content and balance things.
- not really, you have card games which have infinite loops, if the loop is not too crazy it can be contained to limited amount of dmg/boost.@Burza46
- Are infinite charges a problematic and unhealthy archetype for the game in the long run? Wouldn't something like crewmen be more balanced and not limit future design? It wouldn't require removal to be high just so that one unhealthy archetype doesn't steamroll everything.
- Why are Aretuza adepts giving bolts to ballistas?
- Any plans to change artifact's binary nature? Only way to interact with them is to play cards that say "destroy an artifact" in their text. You have it? you win. You don't? you lose. Artifacts have only ever been a problem since HC released. Not fun to play them, not fun to play against them and not fun to have to tech for them. Control in this version of Gwent is better than both tempo and engines. Point slam is the only thing that balances damage, without it control destroys everything. There should be a healthy circle of counters.
- Is doubling every cards power something that the team considers? For better and easier balance and generally it's way more exciting to play an 8 point card than a 4 or 1, everything feels too weak.
1. Expect some changes at the end of the month/seasonHi, @Burza46! First of all, I want to congratulate Gwent team for the hard work, fixes and improvement we're seeing since the Homecoming launch, cuz the game was very broken at the beginning, artifacts in special, IMO! Keep the good work! For today, I got three questions:
1. I see that some cards needed the nerfs they got. You're trying to balance the game and all that stuff, but since the homecoming arrived Big Monsters are a Tier 1 deck and you've nerfed almost all the archtype counters. I mean, we got nerfs on Scorch, Igni, Professional, Yrden, etc. So we're seeing this deck reign for a long time. Can we expect some changes to this archtype or a buff to the cards who received a nerf before?
2. Based on the above question: Igni will ever receive a buff? Because we're in a very tall units monsters meta and even so It sees 0 play.
3. Can we get a better A.I. and more factions NPCs for the practice mode? Arachas Queen is so dumb. Right now, that game mode doesn't really help testing the decks or anything like that.
That's it. Thank you!
We're planning a change to Ozzrel very soon.Problem with Ozzrel: Now this card has 1 power. 1 + 13 (Old Speartip) = 14. Now is just impossible kill that thing with Geralt Professional.
before Ozzrel had 2 power = 2 + 13= 15.
Monsters are op. Can the team change this value like before please?
Hi! Welcome to the community!Hi, Pawel. I'm a new player of Gwent and I think it's really a nice game.
is there any further improvements to the matching mechanism of casual modes? Like maybe to make the match according to the provision proportion of golden cards? I know that some improvements have been made, but the casual mode is still not that casual for new players and those with poor decks of some factions.
As a new player, I do not have much collection of cards (missing most golden cards for every faciton) to make decent decks. I managed to climb to rank 12 in ranked mode and now is lev 35 with prestidge 1. The decks I now faced, no matter in rank mode or in casual mode, contains a large proportion of golden cards.
For the rank mode, it seems fine that the higher the rank, the better the deck. But it is really frustrated to play the casual mode with poor decks facing those heavily loaded with golden cards. Besides, it's quite dull to play only the deck I used to climb the ladder, while the other decks of different factions lacks competence.
Most appreciated to your reply. Many thanks.