GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck did you add imlerith:sabbath to the game? This card is more than pointless IMO. ITs frustrating. the ones playing imlertih win always if the enemy misses one countercard and so forces everyone to put this one card in their deck if they dont want to lose this matchup. Even tho the countercard it has 0 synergy with the rest of the deck. I thought at first it would be kinda balanced but its not. If they enemy starts round 2 with imlerith means he has first card which leads to a push with a +10 buff which makes imlerith indestructable. This is no fun gameplay at all. Not for enemies but not for the ones playing this deck as well. I cant understand why you would put such a card in the game. If you´re goal is to lure no brain gamers you´re at it. If this card remains i will quit the game definitely. So why did you add it?

The card is not a problem, just add more removal to the deck :)

Hi Burza! I want to ask if while we wait for Homecoming why you guys don't bring back the Adventures Challenges (Events). Those were pretty fun to play and since you already have them the team doesn't need to create nothing new.

It's not as simple, but they may return one day :)

Hello, I was wondering when will there be a premium keg weekend, unfortunately I missed the last one :(

I really love the game and CDPR is the best developer out there I would love to support the dev team and Gwent by buying 60 more packs and getting closer to completing my collection, I find that the premium keg weekend is the best opportunity to support this great game and team

Thank you for answering questions and helping the Gwent community :)

Out of all of the planned changes, the limit to two bronzes within a deck has got me worried the most. Even more than the row reduction. May I ask if you can elaborate on why this change was planned/introduced? Also, coupled with the provisions system, will it restrict consistency too much?

As an example, one of the things I love about some card games, and Gwent, is the consistency that 3x choices give you. Your deck is complemented with Gold and Silver cards, but most of the time the workhorse of the deck is the bronze choices. Having played Netrunner, it was easy to think about your deck and be like "Ok this card is important to my win condition, lets put three in there." It's one of the reasons I can't get on with Hearthstone, as with a limited card pool, the 2x per card means I find it difficult to create synergies and consistency.

Hi Burza

With Thronebreaker evolving into such a large project in its own right, does the team still intend to create campaigns for other factions in the future on a similar scale to thronebreaker? Or is this now being considered a one-off thing.

Hello, I was wondering when will there be a premium keg weekend, unfortunately I missed the last one :(

I really love the game and CDPR is the best developer out there I would love to support the dev team and Gwent by buying 60 more packs and getting closer to completing my collection, I find that the premium keg weekend is the best opportunity to support this great game and team

Thank you for answering questions and helping the Gwent community :)

Yes, there will be one coming soon :) Thanks for the kind words :)

Out of all of the planned changes, the limit to two bronzes within a deck has got me worried the most. Even more than the row reduction. May I ask if you can elaborate on why this change was planned/introduced? Also, coupled with the provisions system, will it restrict consistency too much?

As an example, one of the things I love about some card games, and Gwent, is the consistency that 3x choices give you. Your deck is complemented with Gold and Silver cards, but most of the time the workhorse of the deck is the bronze choices. Having played Netrunner, it was easy to think about your deck and be like "Ok this card is important to my win condition, lets put three in there." It's one of the reasons I can't get on with Hearthstone, as with a limited card pool, the 2x per card means I find it difficult to create synergies and consistency.

It doesn't limit deck building for sure, plus the design of the abilities is totally different now.

Currently, we have a lot of tutors in the game, most decks consist of one win-con and replaying the same strategy over and over again, we want to give a little bit more freedom to players when it comes to deck-building as well as strategy, this also means reactivating other cards, so they see more play.

Hi Burza

With Thronebreaker evolving into such a large project in its own right, does the team still intend to create campaigns for other factions in the future on a similar scale to thronebreaker? Or is this now being considered a one-off thing.

It still is the plan :)

Hey Burza i hope everything is going as planned for the team :) , you mentioned that you might show what is coming to Gwent near the end of the month , i assume that will be the new 2 rows , and 2 bronze copies but is there chance we might see some new gameplay mechanics and other features?

Sorry if I touch again rows topic but I still have this doubt, you talked about how 2 rows work better and how 2 rows with a meaning are better than 3 meaningless rows, but aren't 3 rows with a meaning better than 2?

Hey Burza i hope everything is going as planned for the team :) , you mentioned that you might show what is coming to Gwent near the end of the month , i assume that will be the new 2 rows , and 2 bronze copies but is there chance we might see some new gameplay mechanics and other features?

We will take it step by step, to explain the thought process behind the changes :)

Sorry if I touch again rows topic but I still have this doubt, you talked about how 2 rows work better and how 2 rows with a meaning are better than 3 meaningless rows, but aren't 3 rows with a meaning better than 2?

If you have a solid design locked for two rows adding the third one kind of makes it feel forced and less meaningful.

1) With homecoming will there still be cards like Geralt of rivia and triss merigold which are weaker than others but are thought for beginners or meme cards like Gaunter O'Dimm or we can expect every card to fit in certain decks?

2) how randomness in general will be managed?

3) it's not a question but I hope wild hunt becomes a more competitive deck with homecoming :ROFLMAO:, i loved it both in the witcher 3 and gwent

4) good luck with homecoming, there's a lot of pressure on it, and I hope everything's going well :)

1) With homecoming will there still be cards like Geralt of rivia and triss merigold which are weaker than others but are thought for beginners or meme cards like Gaunter O'Dimm or we can expect every card to fit in certain decks?

2) how randomness in general will be managed?

3) it's not a question but I hope wild hunt becomes a more competitive deck with homecoming :ROFLMAO:, i loved it both in the witcher 3 and gwent

4) good luck with homecoming, there's a lot of pressure on it, and I hope everything's going well :)

1) Yes, there will be cards with simple abilities

2) We'll have less RNG mechanics

3) We'll see ;)

4) Thank you! It's a big project for sure :)

Hi, CD Project)

I want to ask, will you add macOS support for GWENT or it is impossible?

Thank you in advance

Hi!

Is there a chance the Dimun and An Craite Longships could swap their clans? It would make more sense for the "discard" ship to be Dimun to synergize with Pirate Captains (since the Dimun Pirates are "discard cards"), and the "damage ally" longship to be the same clan as the Greatswords. And it might give a little boost to the Discard archetype...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom