GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some might, but this is geared towards the pro-players and streamers.

Alright makes sense. So considering I was dropped from pro ladder because I was too busy in the last 2 months. But I made it to a few Gwent Challanger Qualifier matches in the past and am now climbing high in normal ladder. Do I have a chance of making it in?

Morning, Burza, and thanks for all the hard work you and the team are putting in this project.

As for my questions:
  1. Can we expect the daily wins system to remain the same or will it be changed?
  2. Since the gameplay is getting such a huge overhaul, can we expect completely new mechanics - aside from cards being able to be activated during your turn - and keywords that are currently not existent?
  3. Can we expect factions to have more faction-specific mechanics and keywords? Current examples would be Consume which is unique to the Monsters faction, Reveal which is unique to the Nilfgaard faction and Ambush for Scoiatael
  4. Can we expect the new Card UI to consist only in Card Art, Power and Preferred Row - as it has been during open beta - or is it going to show additional stats and/or card text and effects - such as the eye that used to represent Spies in early open beta and in closed beta?

Wait, somedays ago you said something about a premium weekend, and a guy just asked you about a "rare card week", which I asume you guys were talking about a "premium weekend", and you did not gave a definitive answer this time. So the premium weekend you were talking about days ago was the faction premium weekend? Because I was expecting a regular premium weekend. It seems we have one every month, why stop now?

1) Will you introduce another way to thin and control the deck with limited number of tutors? Can we expect more cards that can discard, mulligan or have effects like Stefan or Cantarella (putting a card on the bottom)?
2) When you talk about limiting tutors does it include special cards that don't provide additional bodies on the board like ADC or Reinforcement?
3) Resurrecting a unit from the graveyard and tutoring it from the deck have a lot in common. Do you plan to limit resurrection in the same way?
4) Will it be possible to replace one unit with another if the row is full?

Last edited:
Do you guys have a like a specific number of people you planning to invite for closed ptr? like 200-300,more,less ?

rrc

Forum veteran
Dear Bruza,
Will there be a fixed limit for Gold and Silver too after HC? Will it be fixed or within a range? Like Max 4 gold, but you can go with 2 gold too and get more Silvers (for example)?

Good morning!
1) Do you have plans for some adjustments for Pro-Ladder system (with HC or after it)?
2) About the board, you said it will be more like The Witcher 3, by that you mean The Witcher 3 Gwent's wooden board or spirit of The Witcher 3 as a whole game?
3) Will resource system have same values for each card rarity or it can vary among one rarity (Gold 1 cost 100, Gold 2 costs 120)?
4) Will new card size in the collection be bigger and at least the same as it was before midwinter patch?
5) In HC Gwent can leader be played on the board as unit and does it still take 1 turn to play a leader or there will be some passive effects?
6) Does non-return of Quen connected with some technical/programming issues as you mentioned before or is there another reason?
7) Right now Gwent combat doesnt seem smooth in terms of responsiveness to clicks (some delay between you click or select something and it actually happens). Is this on your radar?
8) Will row limit still be a thing? In the last episode of Gwentlemen's talk show you said that row limit could be canceled and you were considering "a pile" display of the same card with multiple copies on the board. Will you stick to the "pile plan" ?
Thanks for the answers, have a nice day!

Last edited:
800 scraps + 400 powder
Err... why the complication? It will be easier to just craft a Premium Gold for 1600 instead of crafting it and than go through the initial Transmute process (I know it takes just couple of seconds, but still)? You'll change something in that system?

Err... why the complication? It will be easier to just craft a Premium Gold for 1600 instead of crafting it and than go through the initial Transmute process (I know it takes just couple of seconds, but still)? You'll change something in that system?

Because a premium gold could otherwise be converted to two normal gold cards. And this conversion breaks the economy for a number of different reasons.

Hi Bruza, I am a gamer from China, desperate to hear the further information about “HC” just like everyone did.
Here for my questions:
1)
Don't u think the executive operator " Gaia " in China have done thier job poorly so far? They even can't make sure the stability of network..It really sucks losing connection to the game while u are nearly winning it.. Further improvments need to be done both of the network and "Gaia"!!
2)
It's not only me who thought that the remaining cards chosen from the triptychs are the worst choices,especially the Blue Stripes Commando:( Rethink about it plz..

Last edited:
Hello Burza,
Any estimation on the length of thronebreaker in its current scope? If you can't reveal specifically then even a vague number will do.
Good luck to you and your team on the way to HC!

Edit: Another question if I may, will it be possible to access the campaign offline or will it be always online? I asked this to you before in an AMA and you said you guys will see. Any update on that?

We were aiming for 10-15h right now it's over 20h, as for online/offline we've still to decide this.

Alright makes sense. So considering I was dropped from pro ladder because I was too busy in the last 2 months. But I made it to a few Gwent Challanger Qualifier matches in the past and am now climbing high in normal ladder. Do I have a chance of making it in?

Most likely not, the number of players is limited.

Morning, Burza, and thanks for all the hard work you and the team are putting in this project.

As for my questions:
  1. Can we expect the daily wins system to remain the same or will it be changed?
  2. Since the gameplay is getting such a huge overhaul, can we expect completely new mechanics - aside from cards being able to be activated during your turn - and keywords that are currently not existent?
  3. Can we expect factions to have more faction-specific mechanics and keywords? Current examples would be Consume which is unique to the Monsters faction, Reveal which is unique to the Nilfgaard faction and Ambush for Scoiatael
  4. Can we expect the new Card UI to consist only in Card Art, Power and Preferred Row - as it has been during open beta - or is it going to show additional stats and/or card text and effects - such as the eye that used to represent Spies in early open beta and in closed beta?

1. Lightly modified
2. Yes, there are new keywords and mechanics
3. Yes
4. The card art is more exposed for sure the overall feel is much closer to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Wait, somedays ago you said something about a premium weekend, and a guy just asked you about a "rare card week", which I asume you guys were talking about a "premium weekend", and you did not gave a definitive answer this time. So the premium weekend you were talking about days ago was the faction premium weekend? Because I was expecting a regular premium weekend. It seems we have one every month, why stop now?

We'll have a guaranteed card promo coming this month.

1) Will you introduce another way to thin and control the deck with limited number of tutors? Can we expect more cards that can discard, mulligan or have effects like Stefan or Cantarella (putting a card on the bottom)?
2) When you talk about limiting tutors does it include special cards that don't provide additional bodies on the board like ADC or Reinforcement?
3) Resurrecting a unit from the graveyard and tutoring it from the deck have a lot in common. Do you plan to limit resurrection in the same way?
4) Will it be possible to replace one unit with another if the row is full?

All this questions will be answered once we lock down gameplay, don't really want to get into specifics just yet.

Dear Bruza,
Will there be a fixed limit for Gold and Silver too after HC? Will it be fixed or within a range? Like Max 4 gold, but you can go with 2 gold too and get more Silvers (for example)?

When building a deck you're only restricted by the deck building cost of each card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom