GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I Would like to thank the Devs for their work on Gwent. Still a lot remains to be done but none the less, Kudos to you all.
Now I had couple of doubts.
Firstly Once an unit is locked, why does the locked status get voided when you use decoy or other such related cards/abilities that take the unit back to the hand.

Secondly when you revive the locked unit from the graveyard, it looses it's locked status. Why is this is so ?

Thirdly When using skellige storm, It does 3 damage to the first unit on the right , followed by the 2 and 1 damage to the left of the right most monster. Now if someone plays a gold card and places it in between the 3 monsters or at the extreme right. (for example if the Gold Card is placed on the right most) The gold card can replace the right most monster and void the 3 damage to the monster card. So only 2 and 1 damage is done to the left of the gold card. Doesnt this seem to weaken the skellige storm a lot ? Other weather effects seem quite effective but by doing this it kinda makes using skellige storm not that powerful or giving that impact it is meant to provide.

Fourthly- Why isnt Prize winning cow affected by weather conditions? i dont think it is mentioned on the card that it is immune to weather.

Last edited:
Question:

I heard a rumor that you are going to NERF Vicovaro Novice so Emissary won't be able to draw them out. My first reaction and thought was, "Why would you break something that works well and efficiently within the context of a specific Faction archetype, instead of doing similar things for other Factions?".

My thoughts on NG is that Imperial Golems was an absolute overkill to be added to the Faction for extra thinning, not Novices. Emissaries are working as intended, thinning but also being a spy. Then you add Novice to have more options and tools, ok. Why Golems though?

Do not nerf is my suggestion. Balance, balance by changing the unnecessary Golems. I guess the question is, is the rumor true? If so, everything i explained makes any sense? Thanks.

When implementing the Match Performance XP and Rank increase at the end of the Match, did you consider the effect it has if the opponent concedes?

(Since the Performance Algorith isnt public i dont know wether it has any effect but the fact that an enemy i was playing against conceded while i still had 4 cards in hand
and i only got 26 ranked points despit the other rounds being very close point wise seems to suggest that it has)

I would like to know if you have an approximate ETA as to when the campaign will be released (Don't tell me: when the beta is over :). What will the campaign cost and will it have a story that's told by small cutscenes / videos?

Any plan for localization, I am more than happy to help to translate GWENT into Chinese. I helped Faeria for the Chinese simplified version translation, so had some experience about it. :) Thanks for answer me in advance.

After today's stream, it was mentioned that milling rewards for commons and rares will be increased. What about the many of us dedicated fans that bought 500+ kegs to obtain a full collection for the beta? Will we be hard-punished or will there be a retroactive system for us?

I milled most of my leaders so that I could craft a half decent deck. I would never have done this if I'd known that leaders would only be obtainable through crafting and challenges. A net loss of 600 scraps (800-200) is simply not worth it (the game will be changed and balanced during it's life and all leaders will be viable and valuable one day). I don't demand my leaders back or a full refund in scraps (it was my choice in the end to mill them) but I think it would be fair if we were able to craft the leaders at mill cost (200 scraps each). Are there plans to implement something like this?

I have a question about experience. Recently I got disconnected without playing a card.... lost match, no exp. The next game I was disconnected after playing a single card...lost match but I got exp. So now I'm wondering, does it matter how many points we put on the board? Because it doesn't matter to me, only winning 2 rounds matters. But there have been times I passed with two cards left because It was clear I couldn't catch up and then watched my opponent play all his cards. Including card selections. I thought it was rude. But does it generate more exp? Should I have played my last two cards? It's boring, but is it profitable?

What happens to the trophies in the main game? If there is a "reach level 5 trophy" and I already reached it in the beat, do I get the trophy immediately once trophies are added or do I have to delete my progress to get it?

Why didn't you ever make some sort of poll to collect feedback? I got the impression your main source of feedback is reddit, so people, who don't use it, don't really have a chance to send any sort of feedback.

Do people who got one of the leaders to drop from a keg or at lvl 20 get to mill them for full refund value?

So I got a really great question for all you folks at CDPR: How come you just raise keg prices as you feel fitting without announcing prior? It honestly feels like a cheap way to milk money as fast as possible and then ditch the game...
I'm actually really pissed cause after thinking over it for a timespan of 6 days I finally decided to drop the 66,69$ on the 60 keg pack just to realize they are 71,19$ now. GJ, I'll just stay F2P as the game it self is great, even if that means I got to mill 3/5 factions.

I read the patch notes, and it states that players who bought kegs will receive SOME scraps since the milling rewards are doubled.

I bought over 260 packs, milling hundreds of cards. I'm concerned what "some" means. Will that be enough to compensate for what
a 50% difference makes? If not, I would rather have all of my packs reset, similar to what you did begin of beta.

Hope its made right, would be discouraging to buy that volume of packs to support a game, then realize you shouldn't have done it
early on.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Checco515;n8754020 said:
Is Eternal Fire among the future factions you are conteplating to add?

That's an interesting idea! :)

falrinth85;n8762650 said:
Are you planning to streamline the UI, so there is no irritating loading screens between menus? I guess im not the only one card games fan, that is used to quick loading-free flow of moving between card crafting, shop and deck building windows. When each menu is preceded by loading screen its very uncomfortable. Players tend to jump back and forth between them to check stuff, and loading screens make it feel like not desired behavior.
I can understund the need of dividing collection, crafting and shop, but making it possible to navigate between them without loading screens is kind of a quality I would expect from you guys. Also another quality of life improvement would be to make the currency visible in all those windows. Right now when im inside deck building interface i dont know if i can afford another copy of some card without switching to shop/crafting window, and watching loading screens. Its such an undeeded hassle. "Ergonomy" of this design is lacking. Are you planning to redesign it and for example put inside single "instance" in this game engine?

P.S.
With those loading screens, even going to open a keg of cards feels like a chore.

We often get approached with ideas on how to improve almost every aspect of our UI and the toughest part is that, like you, they usually have a point. Right now we are working extremely hard to improve the overall experience and add systems we feel are missing to the game while doing our best to find small changes to improve our existing interfaces that will fit in our schedules. In terms of this subject, we know there is a lot we can do to improve this aspect of our experience but we still have not decided how we wish to proceed. All we can say is that we recognize this as a valid feedback and are constantly evaluating changes to improve our user experience in the manner your describe. However, we are unable to commit to any specific timeline or details as to how this will happen.

As always we really appreciate this kind of feedback and we want you to know we are listening.

DannyGuy;n8764460 said:
There are currently about 300 cards in Gwent, how many more cards to you plan to make before the game is finished?

It's hard to estimate. We're constantly working on new cards.

sas_gooch;n8768990 said:
K so i have 2 questions...... first i love the game but i dedicated alot of scrapping to making a great monster and nilfgaard deck.... later in the game i now regret some of the decisions i made and i realize now i have gotten way to hasty so.........when the game releases 1.0 will there any way to reset progress because if not that means my whole gwent life i will be playing only 2 decks and scrapping 3 other factions cards...

No further account progress wipes are planned.

sas_gooch;n8768990 said:
2nd question..... how long after beta closes will game be released or will it just go from closed beta right into 1.0?

It's hard to say at the moment. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

Niko_Saga;n8770570 said:
Will this game someday be on mac os?

shampoo99;n8772990 said:
Will there be PS VITA support?

At the moment the game is available on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation4. We have not announced any other platforms.

kaalev;n8771470 said:
It's been 2 weeks since open beta started. Yet there's no news of a patch, no open discussion about what we should expect in a new patch nor what frequency should we expect them. Could you clarify that?

lunatyyk;n8775700 said:
Can we stop that radio silence? Game has plenty of bugs not mentioning balance issues that should be addressed(NR faction especially). At least give as a word when we can expect patch. I am really surprised how they handle this situation with almost zero communication.

The patch is right around the corner, it'll be coming soon! If you want to hear more about the update, you can re-watch our stream we recently had: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149980367
Regarding the frequency, aside from game-breaking bugs that require immediate hotfixes we are aiming to have big patches in large intervals.

traeth;n8773920 said:
How often are you planning on releasing cards, and is there a chance that a new faction will be introduced in the near-future? Thank you for all of the obvious hard work put into the game!

We hope to introduce new cards with every bigger patch. We are planning to add new factions in the future but we have no info regarding this at the moment.

NickStrife;n8788000 said:
When should we expect a rebalancing patch?? I know the game is in beta but there are many balance-issues..

We're planning to improve the balance with the opcoming patch. The patch should be ready soon.

Is the compensation scrap being awarded ONLY to players who bought kegs with money? I'm asking because there are players who milled a lot of cards (from kegs awarded when CB ended), and those cards would have been worth double scrap if held on to.

A technical related questsion. I have noticed that Gwent stresses my laptop making it hot and loud. I have a very recent machine that covers all recommended technical requirements. I am running FPS games with much less heat and noise. I might be wrong but I think this happens more often when a premium card is displayed. Sometimes, I have major frame drops in my collection screen when I display only premium cards.

Are you aware of this issue and do you have any plans reducing this performance hiccup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom