GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Burza,

you know that we have many cards which can summon their copies from deck to board. (like the Blue Mountain Elite, Blue Stripes Scout, and Arachas Drone).so, my question is that after HC will these cards still remain? or will have more similar skill cards?

another question is will the Kambi still remain after HC?

thank you!

Kambi and Hemdall will be reworked totally.

Hi Burza!
I have a question for Arena player. Are master mirror and maerolorn the only title, avatar and avatar border we can get in Arena mode? Can we expect some more cooool rewards related to Arena?

Hi Burza!
I have a question for Arena player. Are master mirror and maerolorn the only title, avatar and avatar border we can get in Arena mode? Can we expect some more cooool rewards related to Arena?

For now that's it, later we might have sth more :)

Hey Burza

This might seem like a silly question, but do you know if the Gwent logo will be changing significantly for Homecoming?

Also, is there any chance we'll see 'Path of the Kingslayer' music from W2 in the game? I think it'd be a fitting theme if the board is more 'like a battlefield' in HC.

Hi, Mr. Burza!
As I saw - game core based on Unity, but you said that mobile version is not in development.
So my question is - why? =)
You can simply compile build for mobiles with Unity. You don't need to do a lot of changes for mobiles. You can even run game only on the tablets. This step can increase the number of players.
Thanks for your work and dev team also big thanks. I hope that a new version of the game will be as good as now.

1. You said that we will most likely get full scrap value of our cards . But what if I for example have 4 copies of some bronze card. When time comes will I still get full scrap value of each one or just 2 of them (considering there will most likely be 2 copies allowed ) ?

2. Will Skelllige still be about ressurection.

Last edited:
When designing cards for homecoming, do you have any limits as to how bland or overcomplicated cards should be? Will we see cards without abilities? WIll we see cards with 5+ lines of text?

I know that you probably won't be able to answer this question, but thanks anyway :)

Are you going to implement some purely balancing mechanics (charges, max strenth limit, max point swing limit), that would stop cards like Sabbath, Nekker, Axeman, Greatsword or Miruna from getting too powerful?

Hi, Burza!
I'd like to thank you for answering the questions of the community! I have a couple of questions myself. ;)
1) Are you planning pre-order bonus for Thronebreaker (borders, avatars, etc.)?
2) Currently we have roughly twice as many legendary cards than common cards (and the same applies to rares and epics). Should we expect a similar distribution after Homecoming?
Thanks again

dear, Bruza!
a little suggestion, you know that in Gwent, when players using mouse skim over the cards, their opponents can see a red border on that card. although sometimes people do this may just because feel boring, it did bother their opponents. so, would you guys consider changing it to "when people's mouse skim a card and keep for a few seconds, then show the red border to their opponents"?
thank you!

Dear Mr. Burza,
I would like to ask if there will be another way to unlock borders and titles when Homecoming will be released. For example buying them with in-game currency or with real money or by milling borders and titles and crafting new ones.

I'm aware that this option wouldn't be fair because players was grinding ladder for those rewards but at the same time we can have only one active border and title which makes rest of them just a trophies in our collection.

Thank you for reply.

Have a nice day :)

Hey Burza

This might seem like a silly question, but do you know if the Gwent logo will be changing significantly for Homecoming?

Also, is there any chance we'll see 'Path of the Kingslayer' music from W2 in the game? I think it'd be a fitting theme if the board is more 'like a battlefield' in HC.

The logo has changed slightly :)

That track won't be in the game.

Hi, Mr. Burza!
As I saw - game core based on Unity, but you said that mobile version is not in development.
So my question is - why? =)
You can simply compile build for mobiles with Unity. You don't need to do a lot of changes for mobiles. You can even run game only on the tablets. This step can increase the number of players.
Thanks for your work and dev team also big thanks. I hope that a new version of the game will be as good as now.

Right now the focus is PC and consoles, we'll see what the future holds :)

Dear Burza,
Is it possible to change the image and/or description of the cards for Homecoming? If so, can you guys please make Gwent spoiler free (at least unnecessary ones) for the books? I have Milva and Villenthrethenmeth in my mind. I am reading books and just encountered Milva, but I already know she is going to die sooner or later. Villenthrethenmeth description would spoil one of the best short stories. These are unnecessary spoilers. Definitely there should be other cool image or description for the cards without giving a lot of details about the books.
Thanks,
RRC.

1. You said that we will most likely get full scrap value of our cards . But what if I for example have 4 copies of some bronze card. When time comes will I still get full scrap value of each one or just 2 of them (considering there will most likely be 2 copies allowed ) ?

2. Will Skelllige still be about ressurection.

1. Full mill for all copies
2. Graveyard interaction for sure :)

When designing cards for homecoming, do you have any limits as to how bland or overcomplicated cards should be? Will we see cards without abilities? WIll we see cards with 5+ lines of text?

I know that you probably won't be able to answer this question, but thanks anyway :)

We'll have simple abilities as well as more complicated ones :)

Are you going to implement some purely balancing mechanics (charges, max strenth limit, max point swing limit), that would stop cards like Sabbath, Nekker, Axeman, Greatsword or Miruna from getting too powerful?

Yes, these will be reworked :)

Hi, Burza!
I'd like to thank you for answering the questions of the community! I have a couple of questions myself. ;)
1) Are you planning pre-order bonus for Thronebreaker (borders, avatars, etc.)?
2) Currently we have roughly twice as many legendary cards than common cards (and the same applies to rares and epics). Should we expect a similar distribution after Homecoming?
Thanks again

1) Too soon to say, but we're in talks about this right now
2) Similar but with slight changes :)

dear, Bruza!
a little suggestion, you know that in Gwent, when players using mouse skim over the cards, their opponents can see a red border on that card. although sometimes people do this may just because feel boring, it did bother their opponents. so, would you guys consider changing it to "when people's mouse skim a card and keep for a few seconds, then show the red border to their opponents"?
thank you!

We might change this with Homecoming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom