GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any plans for a 2v2 mode? Something like double board size, twice the amount of cards involved and two cards played a turn sounds like crazy fun. It'd also drastically increase playerbase as people playing now would actually want to get other people to join the game so they can play together.

I also had this second question about the ambiguous description of some cards, where the way they worked had to be figured out by playing them, whether there were any plans to change those and offer my services to do it as I've written/translated descriptions in the past for game companies - but with the huge homecoming update coming up we have to see what will become of it anyway so I'll wait.

- 2v2 is not planned right now.
- The descriptions will change some cards will have dynamic tooltips, which will help with understanding the abilities a bit better.

Hi Pavel
First of all i wanna say that i support idea of homecomming and that you are adding new mechanics to the game so that you could have more room to develop it

I really really like gwent and hope that u will answer
From what i've seen i want to know will you improve the following things:

1. Will u make boarder of monster faction little bit brighter (or may be remove the shadow) couse when cards are laid down it is harder to destinguish them?

2. Will u improve visual representation of stats on the right side of the screen including coin? cause numbers were really small and didn't felt like it is final product. Numbers stats visual representation i think is very important in this game. Plus i had an idea before - u can add some visual effect to the moments when players make "big swings" in points
and also coin (end turn round stamp) doesn't look good at all (u can even compare it to the stamp in arena mode that is much better looking )

3. Its a great idea with 3d leaders (use them to tount and express emotes) and I know you will visualy change 3d leads. Will they look more like premium 3d image on cards?? Cause i think every person in gwent community thinks that art on cards is awesome i never run on post that says anything negative on cards images

1. The overall look is still work in progress
2. We'll see
3. Leaders, which you saw were still work in progress :)

Hey Burza!

Question:
I loved the chrones "chapter" in the witcher 3.I was pretty dissapointed when i tried to use them in gwent.
So i would love to know about some things in hc.

1.Will the Chrones be a leader? (i would love it)
2. Can we get the Lady of the Woods theme song in qwent also? (NA NE NANANE NANA NE NANANANNE :D)

Also an other question:

Since you are polak bros....
Can we get the cards translated to hungarian aswell?

Thanks for answering

-The one who is patiently waiting for hc

1. No
2. Not planned
3. Hungarian is not planned atm :)

I really love everything I've seen so far and am excited for any scraps of news I can get my hand on.
I find it strange that a lot of people seem to not understand that this is a work in progress and does not necessarily represent the game in its final form, but that being said, any rough estimates or guesses at when the NDA will end for the closed PTR testers?

The game great and the aesthetics look and feel better than ever! So it seems like all the teams are doing a phenomenal job.
I just hope we can get some more information as soon as possible.
I sincerely want to thank you guys at CDPR for doing everything you guys can to make GWENT the experience it deserves to be.

- Closed PTR NDA will end with Open PTR :)
- Thank you for the praise, really appreciate it!

Hi Pawel!

1) How do you think, how ready is HC? 70,80%? Just the opinion of the person who saw the project from the side. Same thing about TB if u can :)
2) How relevant is the current version of the PTR with the one that you have now?
3) And again question about timeline. We still on track?
4) When PR company of HC and TB get started?

Thanks! I hope for the best!

1) Tricky question, don't feel like I want to answer this one
2) It's older (like a week old in terms of visuals) then what we have now
3) Yes
4) This month

Dear Burza,

1. Will you ever consider releasing the full challenger theme (the one that plays during player introductions, there also is a shorter one whenever the contestants take their seats before they play the match)? It is really cool, but it would be even cooler to have a "clean" version of it without people talking in the background. :)
2. Will we possibly hear that theme in gwent or thronebreaker, or is it only for events?
3. A bit unrelated: Are there any Heroes of Might and Magic fans amongst the gwent devs? I have noticed some similarities (which I find great, I love that franchise myself :) ) when it comes to Thronebreaker gameplay, the way the boards will look in hc and even how premium cards work (reminds me of how units are displayed in Heroes 3).
4. Do you think there will be a difficulty setting in Thronebreaker (or optional quests/puzzles) that are going to be challenging enough for veteran gwent players? I loved the first two events you did but the phoenix one seemed to be toned down a lot in difficulty - are these any indication of what we may expect in TB difficulty wise?

Hope you have a great day :)

1. I'll see what can be done :)
2. Events only
3. Yes, plenty!
4. Yes, there will be difficulty settings :)

Hello, mister Burza, I have found some very strange moment in yesterday's video...
View attachment 10976102
Well, we see here two Arachas Drones, two Ekimmaras and Imlerith and also some unit is in the graveyard (if I correctly understood that icon with "1" in the corner). Both players played only two cards from hand.
As we can see, Ekimmara's ability is the same - drain 3 power. And one of them did it: it drained 3 from Imlerith. But another one Drained only 1 point, it means that it killed some unit with 1 power. And all this means that the unit in the graveyard is THIRD Arachas! How is it possible? Does it have different ability now and just spawns two base copies or you did not tell the whole truth about the limit of two cards? :unsure:

The limit of two cards is the same the drones where created from Monster Nest "Spawn four Arachas with 1 power on a random row."

Dear Burza,

It came to my mind recently, so let me ask: are the non-premium (not animated) cards going to stay in Homecoming?

Also, will the cost of card crafting increase with Homecoming?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

1. Is it too late to suggest that for the next HC video you use 2 different factions instead of the same faction like in the 1st video? It would be interesting to see how will the board look like with two different skins close to each other.
2. Is armour still a thing? Because in the HC video Imlerith:Sabbath did not have armour.
3. Considering that with HC we will have a provision system while building our decks, will for example all gold cards have the same price or will the price of each gold card be determined by it's ability(eg. Imlerith:Sabbath should be more expensive than vanilla Geralt because he(Imlerith) has an ability while Geralt is just raw strenght) ?

Last edited:

Guest 4327745

Hi burza
1.is there any kind of swarm archetype in HC? Like ng soldiers deck or elf or nr swarm that get their power by having lots of units on board?
2.is there any chance that we see some "things" related to each faction, on the border of their gold cards to show difference between them? like that golden sun in ng cards in the current gwent?or even some difference between color of the borders?I think these differences show the identity of each faction

1) Hey, this I know you might not be able to answer this but I'll try. :)
Does Cahir, my favorite character from the books, have a powerful, or even better, cool ability?

Also looking forward to a possible avatar for him, been hoping for that since last year and I'm hyped since I might actually get it with Homecoming!:)

2) You said that Ciri still has the same ability as before, are there any other cards that try to gain you card advantage?

3) If I recall correctly you confirmed purchasable trinkets a week or two ago. Will those trinkets be in the shop with the release of Homecoming? How much will they cost? Will we pay with real currency or scraps for example?

Last edited:
Of course! Happy Birthday!

Remember that this is still WIP:
John Natalis
While this unit is on the board all your other units have Zeal.

Hi again mr burza, thank you for your kindness and the reply, but..... since i've asked for a Nilfgaard leek and you told me about jhon natalis, i'm confused, doest it means that natalis is a NG card now?

Hello, Burza,

Curious.... will we finally see the Elf Tag on the Wild Hunt guys (like Raiders, Navigators, Imlerith, etc.) - after all, they ARE Elves.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom