GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
benjamin.salmon;n8902510 said:
As far as I can understand, the Bloody Baron card will put itself on the top of my deck only at the end of a round.

When playing, I have used Sile de Tansarville combined with Azars Thunder to wrack up a kill for said Baron, only to consistently draw the Baron - which I certainly don't want to do! Whilst, I understand that that should be a possibility, it has always drawn the Baron the 3 times I have played her in the first round. Is this a case of the Baron's ability to place himself at the top of my deck triggering before it should do?

We'll look into it.

WaffleDee;n8930260 said:
Just have a quick question about Succubus and Kambi. Shouldn't these units trigger at the end of the turn rather than the start of the turn? This is the same turn timer as Villentretenmerth, but these two units are disloyal so it actually reverses who has the last move before the effect triggers. It allows the player who played the card to have the last move before the effect goes off which limits counterplay a lot. This was an issue with Rot Tosser back in closed beta, and it was changed because it was very oppressive to play against.

Both cards activate their ability at the start of your opponent's turn, what allows you to have greater control over them.

On the other hand, you have 1 turn to respond to your opponent’s Succubus and 2 turns to counter their Kambi - that’s plenty of time. :)

Dimile;n8932240 said:
Another Savage Bear question. Is it supposed to attack your Units after it died? After the end of round one (start of round two), it left the board but still attacked the harpies that spawned from my eggs. It did the same after I killed it with a deploy damage ability.

The_Odinson;n8933150 said:
Question about Savage Bear. Is it intentional that it deals it damage before your cards trigger their effects? IE Northern Realms cards like Kaedwini Sergeant and Blue Stripes Commando? Why does it deal damage when locked when it doesn't deal damage if you "kill" it first. Why/How exactly does a bear hit every single enemy as it comes into play no matter that row? Why does it have 6 Health when Reinforced Trebutchet has 5? They seem similar though not only does Bears effect seems stronger, it has more health.

smergalaev;n8946140 said:
Also one more question aboutt Savage Bear. Why it damages creatures after round ends? When Harpy eggs or earth elemental deathwish ability triggers, bear bites everyone. Please tell me that this is bug

We are aware of the current issues connected to Savage Bear's ability and we are working on all of them.

Kanon951;n8949130 said:
What do you plan to do to treat PS4 players at equal level of PC players since there are known bugs on PS4 (like Succubus or Letho row misplacements) that affect the spirit of competitive crossplay? Are Ps4 players going to get compensated somehow or can we expect low priority treatment from now on? Thanks in advance for your response.

Please remember that GWENT is still in the Beta phase. We are working on addressing known issues on all platforms as soon as possible.

Dimile;n8958450 said:
Question about order of actions. I played an Earth Elemental while my opponent had an "Ambush" Unit on his board. My Unit (which comes in with a Shield) took 5 Damage from the Ambush Unit (turned out to be Morren) ignoring the Shield (which stayed on). Shouldn't the damage be absorbed by the Shield?

Earth Elemental receives Armor only on Deploy - Morenn’s ability will come before that.

Arturiuss;n8961150 said:
At start of the game (first launch of open beta after install) - how many cards in my collection do I have ???

All players start with 98 cards in their collection (not counting Geralt received as a Closed Beta participation reward).

isnadtochiev;n8965200 said:
Somehow missed this thread appearence)
Well, if you guys dont mind, iam curious about card development process.
Is there a math behind every card? Somthing like a "Card Budget", where power, armor and different abilities have different cost with different max cost for golds/silvers/bronzes?
Or is it more of freestyle process?

The process includes a little bit of both. ;) We want all cards and their abilities to be balanced, but also strategic and fun to play.

What order do abilities trigger in, if they have the same turn time window to activate? I was under the impression that the older ability should trigger first.

Example: I cast vilentrentenmerth, next turn I cast vrihedd sappers. Two turns later, both will activate at the start of my turn. Shouldn't vilentrentenmerth scorch first, then sappers would turn around?

Why was Bekker's Twisted Mirror converted to silver? Its value is consistent with some of the best golds in game.
Right now this card seems to make all archetypes that are based on spotter-like "boost self by 1 whenever X happens" units unplayable.

Hello devs,

please clarify to me (i admit being noob playing for NG, but had plenty of games against) how this is possible:
0. Game played minutes ago, me (NR) vs csetebalu(NG).
1. Xarthisius played in second round again, after being played in 1st, by utilization of John Calveit. "Utilization" means that Calveit was played and a second copy of Xarthisius appeared on the board. After this turn, there were two Xarthisius in game (one in NG graveyard and another on its side of the board) Renew card wasn't used.
2. Cantarella summoned by treason card. By "summoned" i mean Treason was played and Cantarella appeared on the board.

BR,
Hovgaard

P.S. Asking in forum, because my previous feedback (another topic, quite some time ago) via dedicated form wasn't answered.

Last edited:
I want to ask when is Friend Match coming to Ps4/xbox. I did the big mistake of starting to play Gwent on a console and now that i`ve spent more then 300 pounds i realise i dont have the option to play in any tournaments, stream the game properly or make and edit videos. I want to get on the competitive scene with this game but the only option I have right now is trying to sell my account and start investing in a PC one. Do you have a way for me to save all this hustle or I just have to go and spend another 300 pounds for the things I already bought?

Dear CDPR, what is the idea behind Blue Stripe Commando at first ? The ability seems to not function as well as you planned it to be.

Last edited:
Are the cards going to be rebalanced and reset every "season"?

I actually hope that the real game once released resets itself and rebalances every season in order to remain fair. I was OK with getting card packs to open in order to replace all my cards. It kept the game fresh for me. Physical only card games don't have the luxury of being able to reset and rebalance. This is why power creep is such a problem: The game is forever trying to top itself in order to compete with old cards and entice players to buy new ones. Also it explains why broken combos persist many years after they were accidentally discovered.

I like that Gwent is trying to be more balanced than most card games. Will this be a lasting trend?

Thanks for reading/considering!

I like the using taunts and I was wondering if you are or could add more taunts in the future...
Namely like a hurry up taunt like: Come on! Let's go!, I haven't got all day... , I'm bored...
Or a wait taunt like: Gimme a second!, Don't rush me! or Lemme think

Thanks

Skryba86;n8984510 said:
What order do abilities trigger in, if they have the same turn time window to activate? I was under the impression that the older ability should trigger first.

Example: I cast vilentrentenmerth, next turn I cast vrihedd sappers. Two turns later, both will activate at the start of my turn. Shouldn't vilentrentenmerth scorch first, then sappers would turn around?

We're currently working on making the trigger system more intuitive and consequent.

Iuliandrei;n8986860 said:
Why was Bekker's Twisted Mirror converted to silver? Its value is consistent with some of the best golds in game.
Right now this card seems to make all archetypes that are based on spotter-like "boost self by 1 whenever X happens" units unplayable.

We converted Bekker's Twisted Mirror to silver because we observed that high-tier players rarely included it in their decks because other gold cards are more powerful. We believe this card has a lot of potential and wanted to allow players to include it in their decks more often.

Hovgaard;n8991240 said:
Hello devs,

please clarify to me (i admit being noob playing for NG, but had plenty of games against) how this is possible:
0. Game played minutes ago, me (NR) vs csetebalu(NG).
1. Xarthisius played in second round again, after being played in 1st, by utilization of John Calveit. "Utilization" means that Calveit was played and a second copy of Xarthisius appeared on the board. After this turn, there were two Xarthisius in game (one in NG graveyard and another on its side of the board) Renew card wasn't used.
2. Cantarella summoned by treason card. By "summoned" i mean Treason was played and Cantarella appeared on the board.

BR,
Hovgaard

P.S. Asking in forum, because my previous feedback (another topic, quite some time ago) via dedicated form wasn't answered.

We're sorry that you didn't get a reply for your previous feedback! If the game went like you described then it's very strange. Please contact our support: https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

eui1ibrium;n8995510 said:
I want to ask when is Friend Match coming to Ps4/xbox. I did the big mistake of starting to play Gwent on a console and now that i`ve spent more then 300 pounds i realise i dont have the option to play in any tournaments, stream the game properly or make and edit videos. I want to get on the competitive scene with this game but the only option I have right now is trying to sell my account and start investing in a PC one. Do you have a way for me to save all this hustle or I just have to go and spend another 300 pounds for the things I already bought?

We're working on making the friend matches possible on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but we cannot give any details about when they should become available.

kitsuneae;n8999090 said:
Are the cards going to be rebalanced and reset every "season"?

I actually hope that the real game once released resets itself and rebalances every season in order to remain fair. I was OK with getting card packs to open in order to replace all my cards. It kept the game fresh for me. Physical only card games don't have the luxury of being able to reset and rebalance. This is why power creep is such a problem: The game is forever trying to top itself in order to compete with old cards and entice players to buy new ones. Also it explains why broken combos persist many years after they were accidentally discovered.

I like that Gwent is trying to be more balanced than most card games. Will this be a lasting trend?

Thanks for reading/considering!

We are not planning to make any resets, but we are going to introduce new cards all the time - this means that the game will be balanced whenever needed - even after the Public Beta.
We will share more information regarding the seasons soon.

Why do we have to deal with bad user interface on PC? Are there any plans to address this issue because it really messes up with flow of information and action.
It really feels like it can be brought to a whole new level and it really doesn't take much to get there.

Thanks.

Why is it that I used to win and play against normal people and now I lose every single match in casual and ranked? There is obvious cheating going on big time.

Hi!
Sorry for my bad English. I have two questions about card's ability.
1. Card contrabandist-gavencar. This card take +1 power, if opponent play any card on his rows, but this ability don't work, if opponent play gold card (no lider). That is how it should be?
2. Card medic-gavencar. I used card "dummy", which must to replay my medic and to give it +3 power, but take only replace. My medic after all have 4 power, but not 7.
I add screenshots, if my comments are too unclear.

Attachments

• Gavencar.jpg
    Gavencar.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 67
  • medic.jpg
    medic.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 52
I had a question regarding the graveyard, I usually play a Monster deck with Foglets and at times I play against a similar deck. I also run the Griffin that allows me to swap a card from one graveyard to another but when I click it I just see all cards without any way to distinguish my Foglets from his. Is it true that there is no way to see which cards are in which graveyard when you see them all like this or am I missing something?

Too late now but, why didn't you guys just make the game for sale and then have people earn the cards on a level and fair playing field? If you buy the card barrels right off you have an advantage immediately in the game. That does not give an honorable feel for the wins in the game. It has made me dislike the game that I had loved. Basically fell out of love with the game and have been seeing allot of that with all the strange play in the game. I have had clear skies that have not functioned and it feels pay to win. I did not want to have to lose all the way to the top to eventually be able to compete on a fair playing field. This is a bad game experience.

If an enemy player goes afk from the very first turn of the game. do i really have to sit there and wait for him to burn every single turn timer, then round 2, then wait for him to burn his 2 turns before i get the win? is there no other option for me, the active player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom