GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Bruza,
1) As soon we buy TB, our Gwent account will get all the 20 cards introduced by TB?
2) Will we get all premium version of the cards? (I remember you saying 'premiums are found all over the world of TB. Does it mean we will get normal version as soon as buy TB, but they would be automatically upgraded when we play and explore the world of TB?) How does buying TB affect our Gwent account. Please explain.

The gameplay video of TB was mindblowing! Congratulations to your team. Have a good day!

Thanks RRC.

Hello Paweł.
Firstly, I must say TB reveal was stunning.
A doubt that has been in my head since first table reveal, is if Arena will also have a new look or will share it with factions?
Thanks.

Dear Burza,
[Questions 1 and 2 moved. -Drac]
3) You said Rag-na-rok and Korathi Heatwaves have different abilities. Does it mean they remain as gold special cards (like Muzzle) and have nothing to do with weather?
4) You said Moonlight is out (which is sad). What about White Forest? New ability or out of the game (you said no weather cards which will affect both rows)?
5) In HC do we still have rare, common, epic and legendary (2 Bronze categories and 2 gold categories)?

---Indepedent TB Questions---
6) Will TB be completely independent of Lore from books or will have some Lore references from book?
7) At any point does Meve lose her tooth and speaks like "Thome thon-of-a-bitch thmacked me right in the fathe"?
8) Is there a battle on a bridge in which Meve uses Geralt card and win?
9) Will there be rewards in TB for thoroughly exploring the world (like getting a very powerful card) which will help in boss (Gwent) battles (otherwise suffer horrible defeats)? (I would love that)
10) Will playing in highest difficulty make us plan and use strategies for winning battles or with luck we can win any battles?

Once again, TB gameplay was too damn good. You guys should be very proud. Have a good day!

Hello Paweł,
I hope that you already have your morning coffee next to you :D After the PTR for Homecomming i've heard some rumors about cards, that they are very basic etc. I will not lie, i had some concerns about that. But we've already seen Thronebreaker gameplay and even at the star with those "basic" cards it looked very interesting and fun. Can you confirm that NR cards are something similar to those from Thronebreaker? That would calm me down :D

I'll have my birthday soon, so could you tell us what is the ability of my favourite card which is an craite greatsword :D
Can wait for TB and HC, have a good day at work.

Hi Paweł :)
Question - Is Reynard Odo from Thronebreaker also a card in Homecoming? His ability to give additional charges to units is very cool and has a lot of combo potential.

Last edited:
The Thronebreaker videos raised me a question: how similar will cards in TB be to their versions in Homecoming? (What % will have at least similar mechanics?) I'm not asking only of the cards revealed so far.

Can we expect King Vizimir to show up in scenarios such as these?

Hi Pawel,
I have one question about system requirements of HC - whether they will remain as in the old Gwent or will be as in the TB?
Thank you for your work and sorry for my english:)

Hello @Burza46,

Putting aside story choices and dialogues, is it technically possible to unlock all Thronebreaker achievements and contents during a single playthrough (hardest difficulty)?

Can't wait to dive into it! :)

Last edited:
Hello,dear Burza!
And i have a question: will there be another video about Thronebreaker before HC?
P.S: Have you done this type of work before? :)

Triss is shown as the 4300 MMR reward on the end-season rewards section. Why? Will alternative style avatars be a GM reward when they return?

Hi Burza,
An important question about the Thronebreaker pre-order page;

I just noticed you removed "GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse (Coming Soon)" from the pre-order page of Thronebreaker?
Is it no longer going to be included?

Can you please clarify this?

Hello Burza,

I've just one question: will Reynard Odo and Count Caldwell cards be a thing in Homecoming or are they just Thronebreaker exclusive cards?

Can we get an official answer as to when the public PTR will start? With October starting tomorrow it seems that there won't be much time left to launch a public PTR, gather all necessary info and then act upon it. I would caution CDPR to not make the same mistake of a shortened and quite frankly irrelevant public PTR like the one we had on midwinter (we all know how that turned out). Is it possible someone could give us an official day or week when we should expect it to launch?

Yet another thronebreaker question.

One of my favorite thing to do in multiplayer Gwent is to open collection from time to time and check all the detail of the artwork in every card.

Now what I've understood from thronebreaker gameplay is that, while players will be able to gather their own cards, there'll be lots of other cards (enemies) which won't be a part of your in game collection or your army (correct me if I'm wrong).

Now my question is, will there be a continuously updated in-game glossary of all those other cards (like the bestiary in the witcher 3) so that players can see the artworks and read the details any time?

Thronebreaker looks just wow! Keep up the great work guys. :)

So Burza, now that leaders do the emotes, what will happen to all those Dandelion, Zoltan, Roche & co. voicelines? Just thrown in the dumpster never to be heard again?

Ceádmil Burza,

I have one question. You said Lyrians and Rivians are stepping in for Redenians. But Meve isn't coming as a leader who is the queen of Lyria and Rivia. Is it possible that she will be a leader in gwent in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom