GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've quit the game at the start of open beta, because the game lost its flavour.
In the HC announcement you guys wrote: 'When you play GWENT, you are a leader of an army from the world of The Witcher. We want to put more effort into reflecting that in in-game mechanics and visuals.'
What exactly do you want to do to reflect that in in-game-mechanics?
Will weather affect both sides again? How exactly will these prefered rows work? The only things you said like removing a row sound terrible and quite the opposite of homecoming or turning gwent into a battlefield :( :(

Guest 4021160

Would you kindly consider perusing gwent tactics in search of ideas for homecoming if I rework it for 2 rows?

Or is it me being this guy scenario.

Link below is for Gwent Tactics:

Last edited by a moderator:
MickyITA;n10967045 said:
Hey burza, any plans for a 50% off transmute weekend soon? Ty in advance
VR46 for ever :)

Hi! No plans for a transmute weekend I'm afraid.
Forza Vale!

Kallor..;n10967168 said:
2 copie of bronze card regardless of their rarity? Or 2 copy for bronze rare and 3 for bronze common?

do you think to increase the minimum deck size?

Two copies of a bronze period :)
Minimum is 25 cards.

Lilith95;n10967795 said:
Hi guys,

you told us that there will be no new cards with Homecoming.

At the same time you would like to release Thronebreaker at the same time. So my question is: can we obtain new cards in Thronebreaker that will be playable in multiplayer?

And my second question: Do you have some idea when public test realms could be available for us? We have 5 months to Homecoming and due to huge amount of changes I expect that there you will need huge amount of testing from players before releasing.

Thank you kindly for answers! :) <3

Yes, Thronebreaker will add cards for multiplayer.

We have a rough idea, but nothing I can share now :)

cunningasaweasel;n10967816 said:
Hi,
I've quit the game at the start of open beta, because the game lost its flavour.
In the HC announcement you guys wrote: 'When you play GWENT, you are a leader of an army from the world of The Witcher. We want to put more effort into reflecting that in in-game mechanics and visuals.'
What exactly do you want to do to reflect that in in-game-mechanics?
Will weather affect both sides again? How exactly will these prefered rows work? The only things you said like removing a row sound terrible and quite the opposite of homecoming or turning gwent into a battlefield :( :(

Leaders as whole will change, more on that soon :)

Karolis.petrikas;n10967852 said:
Would you kindly consider perusing gwent tactics in search of ideas for homecoming if I rework it for 2 rows?

Or is it me being this guy scenario.

Link below is for Gwent Tactics:

Will pass it on to the devs :)

Guest 4305932

Burza46;n10968356 said:
Two copies of a bronze period :)
Minimum is 25 cards.

With the provision system have you thought about adding an incremental cost to bronze instead of simply decreasing the limit? Something like 1 Ballista cost 100, adding another one cost 150, adding a third cost 300 etc. So you will let players decide if they want more consistency or more variety in the deck

and can we expect news straight after e3?

btw thanks for the answers

Last edited by a moderator:
Kallor..;n10968401 said:
With the provision system have you thought about adding an incremental cost to bronze instead of simply decreasing the limit? Something like 1 Ballista cost 100, adding another one cost 150, adding a third cost 300 etc. So you will let players decide if they want more consistency or more variety in the deck

and can we expect news straight after e3?

btw thanks for the answers

No, that is not entirely what we're going for. Not straight after, but by the end of this month I hope to have something to show. :)

Why are you changing Gwents identity? Why are you restricting the game for the card art that nobody values over the games identity? I seriously want to know how you can't see that this is a huge misstep. The community is telling you yet again that you are making a mistake, just like before you introduced create and once again you're not listening. Go back while you can.

It's not to late to go back to 3-3... right? Better tell me it isn't

Why are you changing Gwents identity? Why are you restricting the game for the card art that nobody values over the games identity? I seriously want to know how you can't see that this is a huge misstep. The community is telling you yet again that you are making a mistake, just like before you introduced create and once again you're not listening. Go back while you can.

It's not to late to go back to 3-3... right? Better tell me it isn't

We really don't want to go back to three rows, the current gameplay design with two rows feels and plays a lot better.

Will you adjust the pro scene to Gwent Homecoming? Namely, Considering that Homecoming is out in October, will Challenger #5 and World Masters use the new build or the current one?

So.

Some of you are upset. SOME of you. Plenty of people play GWENT and they aren't all posting angrily here. Maybe they are suppressing their rage? I don't know and more importantly, it doesn't change how you are allowed to behave here.

Because we still have Rules. Rules of good conduct on these boards. You must be kind and courteous, regardless of how mad or upset you are.

If you -cannot- conduct yourselves civilly, without insults, angry or bitter accusations and veiled threats, you will not be saying anything here.

Not every game is going to be what you want it to be. Decide if you want to keep playing that game or not. Maybe come back later and try again.

But regardless, be polite, be constructive and be a solid community member.

Warnings and bans going out.

Thanks for your effort @Burza to keep us informed on homecoming developement.

I'm sure you guys will do an amazing job as long you don't lose track of what make gwent, gwent. Aka witcher's atmosphere and skill based gameplay with no room for rng nonsense.

As for the questions:
1) Is weather as a mechanic going to be reworked? And are you planning on cutting Torrential Rain (that doesn't really have a place in the game now) and the gold/silver weather?
2) Will we see more interesting interaction with the deck and the hand? For example (if you are familiar with Yugioh) Gladiator Beasts have a niche mechanic where you return one GB from your field to the deck and call another ally in it's place, triggering an effect.
3) Are you planning on reworking continuous effects of gold cards that don't really work right now (ex. YenCon)?

Last edited:
With some planned changes (2 rows, 2 bronze copies, etc.) some cards will definitely need a rework.
What do you have in mind for the rest of the cards? Do you plan to change all / most / some of the existing cards not affected by the mechanics change and if so will these be more of tweaks or complete reworks?
I figure it's gonna be a mix of all these I'm only wondering about a ballpark ratio, of how many of the existing cards will be reworked, tweaked and kept unchanged.

Greetings,

Do you guys plan adding further language support to the game after Homecoming? I am particularly interested in hungarian, since The witcher 3 had it at least as a subtitle option.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom