GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Is there a chance the Dimun and An Craite Longships could swap their clans? It would make more sense for the "discard" ship to be Dimun to synergize with Pirate Captains (since the Dimun Pirates are "discard cards"), and the "damage ally" longship to be the same clan as the Greatswords. And it might give a little boost to the Discard archetype...

With Homecoming these cards will change ;)

May i ask how many people work on the "homecoming team"?

And what's the biggest difficulty you've faced until now as a team for this project?

You mentioned that leaders will have more abilities, does that mean they will have more than 1 card art just like leaders had in Witcher 3 GWENT(for each ability a unique card art)?

Will we hear some news about Thronebreaker at Gamescom(that is if GWENT team plans to attend that event)?

You mentioned that leaders will have more abilities, does that mean they will have more than 1 card art just like leaders had in Witcher 3 GWENT(for each ability a unique card art)?

Will we hear some news about Thronebreaker at Gamescom(that is if GWENT team plans to attend that event)?

Leaders will have more uses, but not more abilities, at least for now :)

As for Gamescom, we'll see :)

Hello everyone. Hello gwent team! I loved this game and i want to love it again, i really liked The unique concept that this game had. The amount of Time, patience you spend for this game to be a good One shows that you dear devs love this game even more. Now for The question : do you plan to rework all The cores of a battle like battlefield, rows to have a meaning again, you got it, or only The cards? I know it is a poor question but if you rework all of those things, i think gwent Will be Alive again.

Hello everyone. Hello gwent team! I loved this game and i want to love it again, i really liked The unique concept that this game had. The amount of Time, patience you spend for this game to be a good One shows that you dear devs love this game even more. Now for The question : do you plan to rework all The cores of a battle like battlefield, rows to have a meaning again, you got it, or only The cards? I know it is a poor question but if you rework all of those things, i think gwent Will be Alive again.

We're currently reworking everything you mentioned :)

Hi! It's almost been 3 months since Homecoming has been announced and time has passed by quite quickly. Got some questions for you to answer because that is what this thread is for!
  1. Will the mid-July news come before the upcoming Open... or during it?
  2. How much of the UI is being remade/reorganized? Will anything remain the same or similar or will it be completely different?
  3. Is the mulligan screen going to be changed.... again?
  4. Is there going to be a set of achievements completing which you will unlock leader avatars maybe since for a while now they've been listed as "Special Reward"?
  5. Is the leader initiative thing still planned or has that been scrapped to be replaced with something else?
  6. Do you know by now which archetypes might be scrapped or replaced?
  7. You talked about leaders being shuffled around, but will the card pool remain the same size or become slightly smaller/bigger with the changing of abilities?
  8. In terms of post-Homecoming, will we get more frequent balance patches and content patches, the same as before or less often?
  9. Before Homecoming, did the new faction already have planned features/tactics?
  10. When are we getting more Witcher 1 characters?
I know it's a lot of questions but you have to eat your greens and my preferred type of green is a leek.

How come we never got another 50% off transmute weekend?

Is it because Homecoming will have full mill value on all cards?

What do you think about the versatility of Leaders? How much should a leader tell the opponent what he should expect from the deck?
As an example Crach an Craite offers with Veterans and Greatswords two archetypes, which work completly differently and each require the enemy to adept their playstyle in a different way and having different counters in the hand.
I'm not talking about niche decks, which intentionally go against the Meta to surprise their opponent.

How much of a core gameplay should each leader have and do you prefer leaders who have more than one distinguishable archetype, or should each distinguishable archetpye have its own leader?

Hi! It's almost been 3 months since Homecoming has been announced and time has passed by quite quickly. Got some questions for you to answer because that is what this thread is for!
  1. Will the mid-July news come before the upcoming Open... or during it?
  2. How much of the UI is being remade/reorganized? Will anything remain the same or similar or will it be completely different?
  3. Is the mulligan screen going to be changed.... again?
  4. Is there going to be a set of achievements completing which you will unlock leader avatars maybe since for a while now they've been listed as "Special Reward"?
  5. Is the leader initiative thing still planned or has that been scrapped to be replaced with something else?
  6. Do you know by now which archetypes might be scrapped or replaced?
  7. You talked about leaders being shuffled around, but will the card pool remain the same size or become slightly smaller/bigger with the changing of abilities?
  8. In terms of post-Homecoming, will we get more frequent balance patches and content patches, the same as before or less often?
  9. Before Homecoming, did the new faction already have planned features/tactics?
  10. When are we getting more Witcher 1 characters?
I know it's a lot of questions but you have to eat your greens and my preferred type of green is a leek.

1. I'm aiming for July GWENT Open
2. Completely different
3. Yes
4. There will be achievements, but done in a different way
5. Can't answer yet :)
6. Too soon to say, design is not locked yet
7. There will be some card coming in and out of factions, but we want the same card pool in each faction
8. No idea at the moment, for now full focus is on delivering Homecoming
9. Yes
10. Maybe sooner then you think ;)

What do you think about the versatility of Leaders? How much should a leader tell the opponent what he should expect from the deck?
As an example Crach an Craite offers with Veterans and Greatswords two archetypes, which work completly differently and each require the enemy to adept their playstyle in a different way and having different counters in the hand.
I'm not talking about niche decks, which intentionally go against the Meta to surprise their opponent.

How much of a core gameplay should each leader have and do you prefer leaders who have more than one distinguishable archetype, or should each distinguishable archetpye have its own leader?

Right now, we are designing the leaders in such a way, which will make them more versatile. Deck building will also receive a major overhaul :)

Hi!

Will we see character reactions (for example Sile reacting to Radovid when he is played) released in Homecoming? it was shown at PAX panel in 2016 and voicelines for this are already in the game files.

youtu. be/cf6EAqvm3wc?t=1538

If not, is this aspect completely scrapped or maybe it will be looked at in the future?

Last edited:
Hellow, I'm a new player here (played all witcher games before, got all collection edition physical boxes so i'm a big fan of you), want to try a new project in witcher universe. Finished tutorials, got my 12 barrels from it and 2 from daily round wins, well 14 total. Opened all of it and got 0 golden cards, 0 silver, 0 premium (animated), but ALOT of bronze duplicates of cards from starter decks so milled almost 30-40% of the cards for nothing (because thouse cards are really cheap).
Is it regular situatior, or this is me, "lucky" as always?
Also started raiting games yesterday and got high lvl opponents with T1 decks (just like in guides I saw on streams) who playing like top streamers card by card on 5-6 rank. Am I "lucky" again?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom