GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza! Since there are no new cards with Homecoming, I wanted to ask what are your artists doing right now?

Hi!

Will we see character reactions (for example Sile reacting to Radovid when he is played) released in Homecoming? it was shown at PAX panel in 2016 and voicelines for this are already in the game files.

youtu. be/cf6EAqvm3wc?t=1538

If not, is this aspect completely scrapped or maybe it will be looked at in the future?

Maybe in the future, right now we don't want to add more features, because there is a lot to do with Homecoming as is :)

Hellow, I'm a new player here (played all witcher games before, got all collection edition physical boxes so i'm a big fan of you), want to try a new project in witcher universe. Finished tutorials, got my 12 barrels from it and 2 from daily round wins, well 14 total. Opened all of it and got 0 golden cards, 0 silver, 0 premium (animated), but ALOT of bronze duplicates of cards from starter decks so milled almost 30-40% of the cards for nothing (because thouse cards are really cheap).
Is it regular situatior, or this is me, "lucky" as always?
Also started raiting games yesterday and got high lvl opponents with T1 decks (just like in guides I saw on streams) who playing like top streamers card by card on 5-6 rank. Am I "lucky" again?:)

Try doing the Challenges first, get the starter pack, it will be difficult in the beginning, but just keep going and get your daily rewards :)

People are getting paranoid about the timetable again. In your statement they see uncertainty that October is not when Homecoming will be released. Are there any hints of a delay?

Hi CDPR,

Quick question regarding level progression.

Do you guys have any plans at Homecoming or at a later stage of adding a prestige system to the current level system?

Leveling past 100 could yield a reset to level 1 but with a allocated star or something similar to depict having reached 100 once or twice and so on.

Tnx for your time!

Hi Burza ! I think it would be very cool to have a salutation emote on the avatars, to start the game with a touch of respect. Any project concerning avatar emotes ?

They will change with Homecoming, but we'll see to what degree :)

Hi CDPR,

Quick question regarding level progression.

Do you guys have any plans at Homecoming or at a later stage of adding a prestige system to the current level system?

Leveling past 100 could yield a reset to level 1 but with a allocated star or something similar to depict having reached 100 once or twice and so on.

Tnx for your time!

Yes we're planning something very similar, more info coming soon :)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Hi Burza,
Love Gwent since CB.
Question:
Is it worth adding voice lines for special cards that calls out the card name?
For both increasing the visual and audio experience to further help understand what special card was played--especially rarely played ones.
Using a card like renew, royal decree, etc. can be underwhelming and boring with curent simple vfx.
thanks!

Hi Burza,
Love Gwent since CB.
Question:
Is it worth adding voice lines for special cards that calls out the card name?
For both increasing the visual and audio experience to further help understand what special card was played--especially rarely played ones.
Using a card like renew, royal decree, etc. can be underwhelming and boring with curent simple vfx.
thanks!

We'll be adding more VFX to them which should make the cards stand out :)

rrc

Forum veteran
Hi Burza,
Is there any plans to integrate GwentUp (or similar tools) in the default game itself? The main reason I use it to see the mmr of the opponent and the win-draw-lose against that particular opponent I am facing. Even other info like the Graveyar, Banished, and what is in the deck are very useful and I think almost all the top players use it. So, why not make those info available by default in the game itself?
Thanks.

Hi Burza,
Is there any plans to integrate GwentUp (or similar tools) in the default game itself? The main reason I use it to see the mmr of the opponent and the win-draw-lose against that particular opponent I am facing. Even other info like the Graveyar, Banished, and what is in the deck are very useful and I think almost all the top players use it. So, why not make those info available by default in the game itself?
Thanks.

We would have to design such a tool on our own, but with the current scope that is not possible. Full focus is on delivering project Homecoming.

1. What do you plan on showing with the July Homecoming news?
  2. Do you have a rough estimate of when Homecoming PTR will launch?
  3. Are leaders going to stay as units on the board or are they getting changed again?
  4. We know that there are going to be less tutors coming with Homecoming, what about cards that interact with the opponent's deck/graveyard and resurrects?
  5. Will we see art from the Gwent Art Contest being used in the future for card art?
  6. Is the price of Thronebreaker still being considered or do you have it figured out by now? Maybe a discount for long time players?

Due to the fact that we move to 2 rows, will we lose any interesting moments that you'r made specially for 3 rows in Thronebreaker? I mean some interesting mechanics or levels that was only be made in the campaign. If they was, will they be with the new format in two rows?

1. What do you plan on showing with the July Homecoming news?
  2. Do you have a rough estimate of when Homecoming PTR will launch?
  3. Are leaders going to stay as units on the board or are they getting changed again?
  4. We know that there are going to be less tutors coming with Homecoming, what about cards that interact with the opponent's deck/graveyard and resurrects?
  5. Will we see art from the Gwent Art Contest being used in the future for card art?
  6. Is the price of Thronebreaker still being considered or do you have it figured out by now? Maybe a discount for long time players?

1. Can't tell :)
2. No, but will inform once ready
3. They will get changed, we'll show how
4. Skellige will be the faction with mor graveyard interaction for sure
5. We might choose something, but I wouldn't bet 100% on that
6. We're currently in talks about the price as well as promotional offers for players

Due to the fact that we move to 2 rows, will we lose any interesting moments that you'r made specially for 3 rows in Thronebreaker? I mean some interesting mechanics or levels that was only be made in the campaign. If they was, will they be with the new format in two rows?

They will be translated to the two row version of the game, so we won't lose anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom