GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Burza! I wonder when mimic arena mode would come back? Mimic arena mode is amazing and i really want it to replace the normal arena mode. :ROFLMAO:

Greetings Burza! I wonder if you could add more songs to the game in homecoming, of The Witcher 3 and also songs of The Witcher 1/2 that has a great OST too! For example "Dwarven Stone upon Dwarven Stone" from The Witcher 2 is a nice song that could be played while you make a deck. Thank you and Good luck ;)!

Will cards be swapped to/from being special cards (like Promote was in the old days)

How long is the homecoming preview you recorded?

What is a dish that leeks go well with?

It actually makes the game more complex :)

How can that be the case when it means reduced decision points concerning all of the cards we currently play into or around with our positioning, which are some of the most notable cards in the game? I understand that those cards might change too, but their concepts occupy important design space. The game will be less interesting without a 3-lane unit buff like Mahakam Ale, for instance.

Lets say this season I got GM. With homecoming around the corner and from whaty i can tell theres gonna be a pro ladder break happening after a few months, do the people who got GM qualify for the next pro ladder season that's available?

Hello, devs and Mr. Burza, when the open beta launched a lot of cards with parallel effects were present in different factions: Spotters, Nekkers, DB Protectors, Pirate Captains,... or Madman Lugos and Leo Bonhart. This idea of parallel design became a meme ("Unga-Cards") but has eventually gotten changed, to an extent at least. What I'm wondering is whether in Post-Homecoming Gwent the cards and archetypes will be functioning extremely uniquely or whether there will be copy-paste design (I'm sorry that I'm making it sound so negative). While I know that the specific cards are far from finished I'm hoping the general design direction is locked down and you can answer my inquiry :)

Hello CDPR,

It’s more like a little suggestion.

I don’t know if this description is precise, but have you ever thought about prolong the time or change the animation effect of “2-card-play”? Take Assire for example, the situation now is that the time we have to watch the cards returned from GY is just enough for one glimpse, and you can hardly catch 2 cards in one glimpse, especially when it’s one on the top and one at the bottom. I know that we can still get information of the cards by checking GY, but since you want the cards to be shown to the players, why not make it stay longer or somehow make it more directviewing so that we don’t need to check the GY to see what just happened. And the same thing with Dijkstra, the second card it plays is totally covered by the first, if you missed the first moment for that “glimpse”, you won’t know what the second card is until you played the first.

The effect of “2-card-play” is so fast, which is more like a test of dynamic vision. I don’t think you intend to do it that way. Maybe it will change with Homecoming?

Love Gwent and hope it will be better in the future!:)

Last edited:
Hello Burza!
I'm so interest in witchers,will there be more witcher cards?Any witcher from outside games or books?

Last edited:
Hey,

1) Is RNG really that big of a the problem and is it the worst thing that happened with Gwent ?
2) Do you agree that the main purpose of any game is entertainment ?
3) If you are not playing Gwent professionally, in general what's more fun, playing (with or against) greatswords, alchemy or (with or against) Shupe, Uma, Johnny + Wolfsbane ?
4) Who is the director of Gwent at the moment ?
5) Is Rethaz still working with the Gwent team ?
6) Does CD Projekt Red allow any tours at their offices ?
7) If for some reason Homecoming will fail what's next ?

hi there! i have another question.
about the time the open homcoming letter arrived i was under the impression gwent would become a 16+ pegi game and m esrb game.

now when i am actually writing this i see at the bottom of the gwent forum it is rated m, but in the last mail i got about the recent event stream it's still e esrb and 12+ pegi.

is this just an oversight or is this whole decision is not yet final? you also said you would like to bring some of the dark fantasy atmosphere of the witcher trilogy series. is that still tha plan? thans you!

Greetings Burza! I wonder if you could add more songs to the game in homecoming, of The Witcher 3 and also songs of The Witcher 1/2 that has a great OST too! For example "Dwarven Stone upon Dwarven Stone" from The Witcher 2 is a nice song that could be played while you make a deck. Thank you and Good luck ;)!

I'll let the team know :)

Will cards be swapped to/from being special cards (like Promote was in the old days)

How long is the homecoming preview you recorded?

What is a dish that leeks go well with?

They might :)

Over 10min

Soup or salad :)

How can that be the case when it means reduced decision points concerning all of the cards we currently play into or around with our positioning, which are some of the most notable cards in the game? I understand that those cards might change too, but their concepts occupy important design space. The game will be less interesting without a 3-lane unit buff like Mahakam Ale, for instance.

80% of the cards change, evaluating the row change based on current card design does not give a clear view on what we're aiming for. We'll talk more about gameplay once we have the final design and hopefully that will put the pieces together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom