GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Have you thought about re-adding the "opponent is making a choice" screen that was removed in the Midwinter update, or something similar? It made the opponent's plays easier to follow and the game more pleasing to watch. Cards such as Assire var Anahid or Ghoul are currently quite difficult to follow since there is barely any indication what cards they returned/consumed.
Example video showing the screen in action (skip to 9:55):

Relevant Reddit thread that also brings up the issue of not seeing what the opponent is playing: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/7wtmog
Thank you, and good luck with Homecoming!

The overall look will change a lot, so that screen would be no longer applicable.

Since Jaggerous is on the casting team now, does that mean that Swim will get someone else to do analysis with for the next Challenger?
Also will we get a location teaser like with the last one?

How will the full-value milling with Homecoming be handled? Will it be limited only to cards that are changed or to all cards?

I have two questions
1 After the copper card limit is changed to two, will Ciri Nova and Shupe still exist? Will they have completely different abilities?
2 Will well-known players and streamers enter the closed PTR in advance?

Hi Burza! I have some questions:

1) Will there be more music added to the game?

2) There's talk of only 2 bronzes per deck for Homecoming. Does that mean tri-art cards will no longer make a return?

3) Will there be improvements to card introductions/animations? Would be cool to see Gold cards have grander entrances.

Hey Burza,
Could you please, pretty please give us a little something, a bone to chew while waiting for the big reveal. Like, I don't know, the name of a new ability, or something like that, without detailing the effects?

Yes, to some extent it will.

Would that include any more jiggle physics like Fringilla and Ves have? Yeah I'm down to even that to quench my thirst for Homecoming news

How will activateable abilities work and when? Do you just trigger them whenever, is there a resource to do that like action points or is it only once per turn?

I have two questions
1 After the copper card limit is changed to two, will Ciri Nova and Shupe still exist? Will they have completely different abilities?
2 Will well-known players and streamers enter the closed PTR in advance?

1. Different abilities
2. To soon to say

Hi Burza! I have some questions:

1) Will there be more music added to the game?

2) There's talk of only 2 bronzes per deck for Homecoming. Does that mean tri-art cards will no longer make a return?

3) Will there be improvements to card introductions/animations? Would be cool to see Gold cards have grander entrances.

1) Maybe :)

2) They won't return

3. Yes :)

Hey Burza,
Could you please, pretty please give us a little something, a bone to chew while waiting for the big reveal. Like, I don't know, the name of a new ability, or something like that, without detailing the effects?

Would that include any more jiggle physics like Fringilla and Ves have? Yeah I'm down to even that to quench my thirst for Homecoming news

Sorry can't share anything atm. Less jiggle is best ;)

Hello, @Burza46 !
Have Gwent team considered such solutions for coinflip(blue player) as:
  1. boost first unit you play by X points;
  2. give each faction a multiple units which benefits from going first (for expample ability "gain X if there is no units on the board").
And another question: you talked about releasing the video once every two weeks after the first information about HC, are these videos still planned?

Hi. I understand that you can not promise anything and talk about timing. But is there a chance to see / hear new information in August? Or should we wait for September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom