GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza,

is there any chance we could get the Challenger #4 Qualifier Cerys artwork in high res, so it can be used as wallpaper? :)

Hello Paweł!

Due to last, a bit sad and disappointing events in the context of Homecoming, I have one question. Isn't that disheartening to see a large part of community being almost certain about the delay of HC project to 2019, or do you (you as a team working on it) feel that it's all reasoned concerns?

Regardless of answer, I still believe that you're putting a lot of effort into that, so you totally have my trust. Good luck to all of you, make us, the Gwent folk, proud! ;)

Hello Paweł! I have few questions about leaders.

1. I know that 80% of cards will change, but what about leaders? their current abilities will change too?
2. Right now every faction have 4 leaders, beside Monsters that have 5 leaders. Did you decide already how many leaders every faction will have in Homecoming?
3. I heard that gold cards will have better animations of entrance on board, so leaders will have that same animations, or some special animations just for leaders?

With the release of Homecoming (and the release version of Gwent) will we get new gameplay/faction trailers like we got with the release of Open Beta? Maybe even more detailed faction overviews?

Hi devs!
I've read some about automatic testing in game development and heard a lot good about it. At the same time automatic testing is probably the hardest in game dev, but if there is any game where it would make sense, it would be card games in my mind. Does Gwent uses automatic testing and to what extent?

(I can't wait for Homecoming and news about it, but I need to take my mind off of it :))

Hello, @Burza46 !
Have Gwent team considered such solutions for coinflip(blue player) as:
  1. boost first unit you play by X points;
  2. give each faction a multiple units which benefits from going first (for expample ability "gain X if there is no units on the board").
And another question: you talked about releasing the video once every two weeks after the first information about HC, are these videos still planned?

We tested numerous solutions, each had it's flaws tho. We'll see about the videos, first we have to show the first one.

Hello Paweł!

Due to last, a bit sad and disappointing events in the context of Homecoming, I have one question. Isn't that disheartening to see a large part of community being almost certain about the delay of HC project to 2019, or do you (you as a team working on it) feel that it's all reasoned concerns?

Regardless of answer, I still believe that you're putting a lot of effort into that, so you totally have my trust. Good luck to all of you, make us, the Gwent folk, proud! ;)

Hi!

Nah, we're fine. Everyone is fully focused on the project and we'll deliver it once we have everything polished out :)

Thank you for the kind words! :)

With the release of Homecoming (and the release version of Gwent) will we get new gameplay/faction trailers like we got with the release of Open Beta? Maybe even more detailed faction overviews?

Most likely after the release of Homecoming, but yes updated videos are planned :)

Hi devs!
I've read some about automatic testing in game development and heard a lot good about it. At the same time automatic testing is probably the hardest in game dev, but if there is any game where it would make sense, it would be card games in my mind. Does Gwent uses automatic testing and to what extent?

(I can't wait for Homecoming and news about it, but I need to take my mind off of it :))

Yes, some processes are automated, especially when testing game servers.

Guest 4305932

is it true that minimum number of cards in a deck will be increased to 30? Don't you think that 30 cards and max 2 copy of a bronze will make the game too incosistent? In gwent we don't draw cards between turns.

Hi, I have some questions

1) every card (faction card, not neutral) will be part of some archetype or there will also be "hybrid" cards that work well in multiple decks?

2) will decks have only few strategies to win (like greatswords for example) or we can expect multiple ways of winning a game within the same deck

3) will we have the same number of golds, silvers and bronzes or something may switch up between them?

4) will there be mechanics that provide "surprise" for the opponent like ambush? If yes will they be something more popular than now where maybe every faction or almost will have their own mechanic or will still be something limited?

5) will we still have the same mechanics/keywords like duel, resurrect, swap etc. Or we can expect something different? Maybe faction-locked mechanics?

6) will big part of the strategy be focused on deckbuilding or actual gameplay, or (most likely) they'll be well balanced?

7) what about bi-factional cards? Have you ever taught about it or is something that have never crossed your minds?

These are a lot of questions but I hope you can answer most of them

Hello Pawel,
Regarding the lack of any information/footage of the progress of the HC project, when the changes are finally shown to the playerbase what are the chances of them being changed so late in the process (assuming there will not be delays) if there is severe backlash from the community about some of them?
I am really hoping that everything will look and feel amazing (as I am sure it will be), but the HC announcement did mention that You will take into account player feedback and information gathered from PTRs.
Best of luck and looking forward to the leeks! :)

p.s. Sorry if I came off as a bit negative, I really believe in HC.

Hello Mr Burza.
1 Will the game support the 21:9 display mode in the future?
2 it is said the min number of cards becomes 30. Can you tell us the max number of cards and the ratio of gold, silver and copper cards in a deck? Is the deck construction method completely different from the present?
3 Can you leak the approximate date of the August news? I am really looking forward to it

Gook luck to all the devs!

Concerning XP and MMR:
1) Are the rewards different (XP and ranking points) if I forfeit a loosing game, or if I wait it out?
2) Is there any difference if a game is forfeited in round 1 or round 3?

is it true that minimum number of cards in a deck will be increased to 30? Don't you think that 30 cards and max 2 copy of a bronze will make the game too incosistent? In gwent we don't draw cards between turns.

We'll see, like I said we are still playing with this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom