GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza! Many in the Russian forum are disappointed with how you (the company) behave with the community in relation to information about HC. When the letter was announced in April, Rafal and others promised constant communication and showing the material. Whether it's some sketches, WIP materials and stuff. In the end, we do not have any of this for almost 4 months from the date of the letter.

The problem is that you CDPR are too puzzled by the polished content. But we (the community) do not need this. The same sketches of future content would be enough. Why do not you do this?

Are you going to somehow correct the situation or do we have to wait for September? PS This is more likely addressed to your team, not to you Pawel. Thank you Pawel, that you are the only one who still deals with us on the forums.

Last edited:
Hey Burza, thanks for taking the time to answer so many questions.

Before you mentioned that ambush cards are going to be great again.; will they remain as ST or will other factions also have access to them?

1. Do you plan to add option in deck builder to hear all audio / quotes of characters ( for example " I hate portals " from Geralt ) .

2. Can you tell at least roughly how much card effects will be changed (especially concerning gold cards). Is it some minor change ( like for example Triss now has 10 points and deals 6 damage instead of 5) or some complete effect change , like for example Yennefer spawns random bronze unit from your deck instead of current effect where she can summon unicorn that boosts all units by 2 or chironex that deals damage to all units by 2.

will HC patch affecting the minimum system requirements ? i heard game will Be turned into 3D game but my computer only has 750ti graphics card

can i have a good game experience with this graphics card ? or i have to buy a new computer ? and what graphics quality i can play with it?

Last edited:
Many of the proposed/considered changes seem to be geared towards moving Gwent further towards a more tempo based format, which is one of the most oft lamented consequences of the Midwinter Patch fiasco. Larger deck size, only two bronze duplicates, fewer tutors, forcing R1 play, etc. All of these changes promote tempo over engine/control and significantly reduce deck consistency which is (or was) one of the most compelling features of Gwent. Is this a conscious change of emphasis? If not, how will consistency be maintained in the face of these pretty significant barriers?

Two questions from Chinese gwent forum
1) I opened 30 kegs on Wednesday. Today there are 4000 more scraps and 4000 more dusts in my collection. Is this a compensation?
2) Will you show us the stories of original characters like Derran,Ruehin,and Vrygheff in some way?? Will there be content that meets players who love stories and the worldview?

• Who is going to be the new monsters leader? Is Ge'els getting a promotion again? If not, then is it Draug?
  • If the card preview won't be on the right does that mean it's going to be on a different part of the screen or will we see card details by hovering over cards?
  • Is Usurper still going to be disloyal? I know Create leaders are definitely not a favourite for most people but that one tiny detail is what was really great about him IMO :D

• You shall see
  • Hover over
  • You shall see :)

Hello mr burza! I have a question regarding milling cards during The hc expansion. If we have more cards than usual, let s say i have 3 copies of the same gold, do we get full Mill value? Or not? Because i m very înterested în this. I understood The fact we get full scraps for our collection, but for extra copies?

You get full mill value for the whole collection.

Recently, I found that some card settlement mechanisms are changed.
For example, now Roach is played after the gold card is settled.
I also found that the positions of cards displaced by Zoltan are no longer determined by the order in which I select them.
I want to know if these changes are the ideas of the designers or purely unconscious changes. If they are from designers' ideas, I hope that these changes can also be announced to our players.

These changes are dictated by the games logic how things trigger.

Thanks for taking your time to answer all of these questions!
For the milling of the collection when homecoming arrives, will we keep our ore/scraps from before or will that be reset to 0 as well?

You will retain your currencies :)

Many of the proposed/considered changes seem to be geared towards moving Gwent further towards a more tempo based format, which is one of the most oft lamented consequences of the Midwinter Patch fiasco. Larger deck size, only two bronze duplicates, fewer tutors, forcing R1 play, etc. All of these changes promote tempo over engine/control and significantly reduce deck consistency which is (or was) one of the most compelling features of Gwent. Is this a conscious change of emphasis? If not, how will consistency be maintained in the face of these pretty significant barriers?

I would wait and see the card design before passing judgment :)

Two questions from Chinese gwent forum
1) I opened 30 kegs on Wednesday. Today there are 4000 more scraps and 4000 more dusts in my collection. Is this a compensation?
2) Will you show us the stories of original characters like Derran,Ruehin,and Vrygheff in some way?? Will there be content that meets players who love stories and the worldview?

1) Yes it's compensation for the keg problems we had
2) We shall see, these characters were in the short adventure, which haven't released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom