GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza! Many in the Russian forum are disappointed with how you (the company) behave with the community in relation to information about HC. When the letter was announced in April, Rafal and others promised constant communication and showing the material. Whether it's some sketches, WIP materials and stuff. In the end, we do not have any of this for almost 4 months from the date of the letter.

The problem is that you CDPR are too puzzled by the polished content. But we (the community) do not need this. The same sketches of future content would be enough. Why do not you do this?

Are you going to somehow correct the situation or do we have to wait for September? PS This is more likely addressed to your team, not to you Pawel. Thank you Pawel, that you are the only one who still deals with us on the forums.

I know that a lot of people are disappointed, I'm also not happy about this situation, but with Homecoming we want to show polished content that strategy changed after we released the letter. All I can say is sorry and that I'm pushing to show something cool this month, so fingers crossed!

Hey Burza, thanks for taking the time to answer so many questions.

Before you mentioned that ambush cards are going to be great again.; will they remain as ST or will other factions also have access to them?

ST specific :)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
So I have this question now... when our full collections get milled, what happens with the Starting Packs? Should we craft those as well or there will be a way they will be implemented, without we'll have to lose the time to craft them all over again?

1. Do you plan to add option in deck builder to hear all audio / quotes of characters ( for example " I hate portals " from Geralt ) .

2. Can you tell at least roughly how much card effects will be changed (especially concerning gold cards). Is it some minor change ( like for example Triss now has 10 points and deals 6 damage instead of 5) or some complete effect change , like for example Yennefer spawns random bronze unit from your deck instead of current effect where she can summon unicorn that boosts all units by 2 or chironex that deals damage to all units by 2.

1. Not planned
2. 80% of cards will change totaly

will HC patch affecting the minimum system requirements ? i heard game will Be turned into 3D game but my computer only has 750ti graphics card

can i have a good game experience with this graphics card ? or i have to buy a new computer ? and what graphics quality i can play with it?

We're working on better optimization, so it will better :)

So I have this question now... when our full collections get milled, what happens with the Starting Packs? Should we craft those as well or there will be a way they will be implemented, without we'll have to lose the time to craft them all over again?

Everyone will get new starter decks, if you're missing some cards for the starters you'll get these cards too. :)

On the topic of milling collections, would it be possible for the game to auto-mill cards where appropriate (triplets, cards removed from the game), allow players to retain the rest of their card collection and provide full mill value for all cards for an interval of time after Homecoming release?

If it is done this way players don't have to "rebuy" their collections but can still adjust them around the changes as necessary.

What will be the perspective of the new board? Will it still be static top-down view with 3D Elements or how will it look like?

I have question about full mill value after Homecoming and how you will handle this. You said on the polish ask a dev that probably we will get only 100% scraps and no dust for milled premium cards. You also said that we will have to craft again our whole collection so it is even more worrying if it is just 800/200/80/30 scraps instead 1600/800/400/200 for premium cards.

So will we get the amount needed to craft premium so e.g. 1600/800/400/200 scraps for premium gold/silver/rare/common card like it was few months ago or just 800/200/80/30 scraps?

Probably it is just a miscommunication. I can only imagine how some players who have already full premium collection would be really mad about this one.

Last edited:
Hi Pawel! I have a question regarding the board visuals. If I recall correctly, when you announced Homecoming you said that the board will resemble battlefield rather than tavern table,so my question is : Will board have battlefield or tavern feel,like having some coin and wine beside board for tavern feel, or having sound of swords clashing against swords and some battle animations beside board for battlefield feel?
Thanks in advance! :)

Hi, Burza!
As you said, our whole cards collection will be transformed to only scraps after homecoming, does it mean that you are going to remove the dust system and only the scrap system will be left?

Will the game still have these multiple versions of cards for same characters? For example. Geralt : Igni, Geralt : Aard etc?

If so, are you planning to have different voicelines for different cards, or will it remain the same?

Is there plans for a guaranteed rare card week before Homecoming or did you decide it would be a one off? thanks.

Hi!
Got two more questions :)

1. Since the start we've seen cards becoming more and more restricted - the clearest case was priestess of Freya that now only resurrects bronze soldier. As you know, many cards have had a similar restriction to their flexibility. This has been undeniably necessary from a balance-perspective, but at the same time has made deck building feel less exciting. With Homecoming, have cards become more flexible or have they become more restricted? Are there any new mechanics that makes cards more flexible in how they can be used?

2. With Homecoming, are there more/many ways to interact with your own hand (and maybe even your opponents) so that you can adjust your strategy as the match goes on? (more swapping, handbuff-like interactions, etc.)

First of all I'd like to thank the whole gwent team for taking the risk of HC to deliver the game we all want to see and I would gladly wait for years for that to happen if it comes to that .

I have one small request regarding cards that had triptych art like BSC and Temerian infantry ..etc if you kindly give us the better looking pieces of art since the ones we have now are arguably the least good looking of the bunch especially the Temerian infantry imho

1. What part of all cards is going to have activateable abilities? Is it the majority?
  2. How many unique mechanics/abilities will each faction have?
  3. Are leaders going to get unique borders or will they keep gold borders?
  4. Are locks going to still exist with homecoming, if so then how will you ensure they become more useable/relevant?
  5. Out of all the cards that you have prepared for Homecoming so far, which SINGLE ONE is your favourite? (No need for ability as that'd be too much leeks, just which card)
  6. Does the entire team participate in playtesting Homecoming and Thronebreaker?
  7. Is deckbuilding still going to include the resource system you had planned? Won't that make deckbuilding more expensive, as Gwent is known to be one of the cheapest/most f2p friendly card games?
  8. Have you decided on Thronebreaker pricing and purchase options as well as how the 20 multiplayer cards will be handled yet?
  9. What is the next faction's "faction shape"? (like how NR has triangle, Nilfgaard has a sun shape, Monsters have a diamond etc.)
  10. How many more questions do I need to ask to get into Homecoming PTR? (not a serious question UNLESS IT IS)
Once again thank you for all answers and I hope you are having a nice day no matter which day it is!

Hi.
1. Will carryover cards remain in homecoming? If yes...
2. Will we see carryover archetype? Will it get some love?(strong enough to be cometitive but not OP to the point where people demand to remove it). I miss old dwarves :(

3. Will weather be changed?

Hey Pawel! Thanks so much for so diligently answering all our questions! :)
My favorite archetype of all times is NG Spies. I've been playing it since NG was introduced in CB. Will NG Spies still be a thing in Homecoming?

Hey Burza, first of all, thank you so much for all these small leeks. I just had a small question.
Will the "handpicked players" for Closed PTR be chosen from players above a specific player ranking, and if so, can we get a hint at what that will be?
Bonus Hard Question: I know you probably can't answer that one but hey, can we get an estimated month for Closed PTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom