GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!
1) Do you have plans for some adjustments for Pro-Ladder system (with HC or after it)?
2) About the board, you said it will be more like The Witcher 3, by that you mean The Witcher 3 Gwent's wooden board or spirit of The Witcher 3 as a whole game?
3) Will resource system have same values for each card rarity or it can vary among one rarity (Gold 1 cost 100, Gold 2 costs 120)?
4) Will new card size in the collection be bigger and at least the same as it was before midwinter patch?
5) In HC Gwent can leader be played on the board as unit and does it still take 1 turn to play a leader or there will be some passive effects?
6) Does non-return of Quen connected with some technical/programming issues as you mentioned before or is there another reason?
7) Right now Gwent combat doesnt seem smooth in terms of responsiveness to clicks (some delay between you click or select something and it actually happens). Is this on your radar?
8) Will row limit still be a thing? In the last episode of Gwentlemen's talk show you said that row limit could be canceled and you were considering "a pile" display of the same card with multiple copies on the board. Will you stick to the "pile plan" ?
Thanks for the answers, have a nice day!

1. Slight adjustments will be made
2. The board is a battlefield, which has The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt feel
3. Most likely based on rarity and ability
4. Collection will have a small visual overhaul
5. Leaders are totally different, will wait with going into their mechanics, cause it's a cool surprise, which needs visual representation :)
6. Yes, the card was quite problematic from a technical standpoint
7. Yes it is :)
8. Row limit is a thing, we're thing about piles for tokens and/or the possibility to destroy a card a replace it with a card, which is in your hand.

Have a great day! :)

Hi Bruza, I am a gamer from China, desperate to hear the further information about “HC” just like everyone did.
Here for my questions:
1)
Don't u think the executive operator " Gaia " in China have done thier job poorly so far? They even can't make sure the stability of network..It really sucks losing connection to the game while u are nearly winning it.. Further improvments need to be done both of the network and "Gaia"!!
2)
It's not only me who thought that the remaining cards chosen from the triptychs are the worst choices,especially the Blue Stripes Commando:( Rethink about it plz..

1. We'll have a closer look into this, thank you for your feedback
2. I'll pass on this suggestion to the team :)

At this point in development, is the game more, less or equally generous with packs, scraps etc... as it currently is in live version?

I was coerced into asking more questions this is not my fault
  1. How will crafting costs remain the same for decks with the provision system if the minimum deck size will increase?
  2. When the full collection mill happens, will we get full mill value for leaders too or only meteorite powder for premiums?
  3. Will we get extra leader challenges when new leaders release or will they be in kegs only like currently?
  4. Will card crafting costs be adjusted with Homecoming?

Good Morning!
First of all I really wanted to say big "THANK YOU!" to the whole team for putting your whole hearts in this project. All those HC leaks look very interesting and I can't wait to put my fingers on full version of the game! Now let's go straight forward to the question.

As we know from earlier leaks - cards will have different borders in HC compared to now. What I want to know is that if different categories of cards will looks different. For example a special card will look different than a unit card (like in hearthstone we have 4 type cards: unit,spell,weapon,hero - each type of cards looks different). Would be nice to see that in gwent - Special, Unit, Item, Leaders, each type with different border. I think it would help new players to learn the game faster and of course it would improve readability of the game (Opens, Challengers and Master would benefit from it). Now the only thing that differs the cards is the number on the unit and that's it.

In advance thank you for the answer.

Soft reset instead of full mill value? I'm one of the players here, who finished the full collection, including most animated cards, and I put almost all my resources into it. I'm worried that the prices for crafting will be much higher after the update, but the available amount of scraps is less (old prices compensation) and so I will lose some part of my collection after converting

Hi Burza!
Are you planning on using this seasons pro ladder scores to decide who gets acces to the PTR?

Will locks be getting an overhaul with Homecoming? As I feel they are binary: play a card - lock a card. Maybe a timer for locks and a deathwish if unlocked before timer is done.

Thanks for answering questions, have a great day.

Hello, will be repeated events "Mahacam ale festival" and "Saovine: Holiday of the Dead"? I would like to get portraits of Regis and Odrin.

People are only asking about Homecoming but...

I heard if I ask nicely CDPR might even host my stream if I am serious enough about it. Is it true Mr. Pavko Gale?

EDIT: I have no idea where to contact you and ask nicely...

Last edited:
I was coerced into asking more questions this is not my fault
  1. How will crafting costs remain the same for decks with the provision system if the minimum deck size will increase?
  2. When the full collection mill happens, will we get full mill value for leaders too or only meteorite powder for premiums?
  3. Will we get extra leader challenges when new leaders release or will they be in kegs only like currently?
  4. Will card crafting costs be adjusted with Homecoming?

1. Crafting cost for the deck will increase a bit due to bigger decks, but it won't be substantial change
2. Full mill
3. Challenges
4. No info for now, but most likely not

Good Morning!
First of all I really wanted to say big "THANK YOU!" to the whole team for putting your whole hearts in this project. All those HC leaks look very interesting and I can't wait to put my fingers on full version of the game! Now let's go straight forward to the question.

As we know from earlier leaks - cards will have different borders in HC compared to now. What I want to know is that if different categories of cards will looks different. For example a special card will look different than a unit card (like in hearthstone we have 4 type cards: unit,spell,weapon,hero - each type of cards looks different). Would be nice to see that in gwent - Special, Unit, Item, Leaders, each type with different border. I think it would help new players to learn the game faster and of course it would improve readability of the game (Opens, Challengers and Master would benefit from it). Now the only thing that differs the cards is the number on the unit and that's it.

In advance thank you for the answer.

They will look different, no worries :)

Soft reset instead of full mill value? I'm one of the players here, who finished the full collection, including most animated cards, and I put almost all my resources into it. I'm worried that the prices for crafting will be much higher after the update, but the available amount of scraps is less (old prices compensation) and so I will lose some part of my collection after converting

For now we're not planning to change the crafting costs for cards.

Will locks be getting an overhaul with Homecoming? As I feel they are binary: play a card - lock a card. Maybe a timer for locks and a deathwish if unlocked before timer is done.

Thanks for answering questions, have a great day.

They might see a change :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom