GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza

Have played gwent on pc and ps4 for a year now. Great game.
With HC I believe you said in past no tracker. But could a shuffled version of own deck be shown, like can do for graveyard. Not seeing whats left in own deck is a major disadvantage in ps4 playing against pc players and this simple change would level things up a bit.

Thanks for you efforts :)

That would be a bit weird, I still strongly believe that in any card game your able to judge how many cards are left in your deck, even in MTG when you're playing a 60 card deck with a maximum of 4 copies of each card your able to judge what's left based on the cards in your hand and graveyard, in a 25-26 card deck you can easily count what is left, if not I would just recommend practicing with a piece of paper - works for me.

Additionally, trackers most likely won't work after Homecoming, so that will even the playing field.

Hi Burza,

Art that is not used anymore (eg. tri-art), can you consider having a gallery for this and other unused or concept art to browse through ? Gwent has some of the best artwork, imho.

Same for voice lines and theme music.

Can a music or sound playback function be added to listen to voice lines, stage music, etc?

Finally,
Thank you!

Not in the game for sure :)

Hey Burza,
I know you must have this question ten times a day but is Homecoming still "on time" for now? Meaning an October release as it was planned?
Also any ETA on an announcement with visuals? I know you do not want to reiterate what happened on July 22, but even a vague, not too restrictive deadline would fit. Gwent Challenger #4, maybe?

Thank you for doing your best and giving us as many leeks as you can.

Hello,
I was wondering if the dev team is teaming up/consulting with other seasoned tcg or ccg designers like for eg. some veterans from magic etc. since there’s no shame in using other people’s experience and expertise.
Also since we mentioned mtg, will there be some sort of permanent effects like enchantments or auras or artifact esque like cards with item tag could be equipped and uneqipped etc. and if ideas like these aren’t coming with HC are these mechanics on your radar to introduce into the game with new releases?
And finally with the tryptic art cards gone, does that leave the door open for them to come back into the game as new cards on their own?
Thanks and have a great weekend :)

Hello, mr. Burza!

Let me ask:
  • Are the rounds and how many of them remaining after Homecoming?
...your able to judge what's left based on the cards in your hand and graveyard...
  • And what about deleted cards ("Doomed" for example)? Can we somehow view them, like a graveyard?
...trackers most likely won't work after Homecoming...
  • Wow, this is a very interesting (and slightly sad) news. Can you tell me why? Do you prohibit trackers, is it related to the game engine changes or something else?
And finally let me thank you for your selfless work to save the community from information hunger!

Also I forgot to ask, is there going to be some kind of visual effect when we click the mouse on an empty space of the game board, nothing big but like a small glint or spark or something of the sort just for all of us nervous button clickers out there :D

Since you mentioned that the deck tracker won't work, will the graveyard view be improved?
It can sometimes be difficult to see since it isn't really "organized"

Edit: And also since the Challenger teaser was just released, where exactly is the location for it or will that remain a secret for now?

Last edited:
Hello Burza As you will implement the Provision system (no set number of golds and silvers) and reduce bronzes from 3 to 2, with Homecoming, plus Gwent having no mana system to limit range of possible cards that can be played in a turn, will predicting what your opponent could possibly play be a problem? Will we know how many golds or silvers are in opponents deck?

Hey Burza,
I know you must have this question ten times a day but is Homecoming still "on time" for now? Meaning an October release as it was planned?
Also any ETA on an announcement with visuals? I know you do not want to reiterate what happened on July 22, but even a vague, not too restrictive deadline would fit. Gwent Challenger #4, maybe?

Thank you for doing your best and giving us as many leeks as you can.

For now, we are on schedule, dates I'll share a t a later time. Visuals I'm pushing for, don't want promise anything tho — sorry!

Hello,
I was wondering if the dev team is teaming up/consulting with other seasoned tcg or ccg designers like for eg. some veterans from magic etc. since there’s no shame in using other people’s experience and expertise.
Also since we mentioned mtg, will there be some sort of permanent effects like enchantments or auras or artifact esque like cards with item tag could be equipped and uneqipped etc. and if ideas like these aren’t coming with HC are these mechanics on your radar to introduce into the game with new releases?
And finally with the tryptic art cards gone, does that leave the door open for them to come back into the game as new cards on their own?
Thanks and have a great weekend :)

We're not consulting right now, we've done this in the past and are able to judge now which direction we want to go.
We're working on something like this ;)
Tryptics won't come back we might use the art, but don't plan to do so at the moment.

Hello, mr. Burza!

Let me ask:
  • Are the rounds and how many of them remaining after Homecoming?

• And what about deleted cards ("Doomed" for example)? Can we somehow view them, like a graveyard?

• Wow, this is a very interesting (and slightly sad) news. Can you tell me why? Do you prohibit trackers, is it related to the game engine changes or something else?
And finally let me thank you for your selfless work to save the community from information hunger!

1. Rounds stay the same
  2. Not planned to to have a doomed stack
  3. Changes in the engine might prevent tracker use
Thank you! :)

Also I forgot to ask, is there going to be some kind of visual effect when we click the mouse on an empty space of the game board, nothing big but like a small glint or spark or something of the sort just for all of us nervous button clickers out there :D

There just might :)

Since you mentioned that the deck tracker won't work, will the graveyard view be improved?
It can sometimes be difficult to see since it isn't really "organized"

Edit: And also since the Challenger teaser was just released, where exactly is the location for it or will that remain a secret for now?

Graveyard and mulligan screen will look differently.

I can tell you the location is in Poland :)

Hello Burza As you will implement the Provision system (no set number of golds and silvers) and reduce bronzes from 3 to 2, with Homecoming, plus Gwent having no mana system to limit range of possible cards that can be played in a turn, will predicting what your opponent could possibly play be a problem? Will we know how many golds or silvers are in opponents deck?

With the provision system the number of golds and silvers is still pretty much the same.

That would be a bit weird, I still strongly believe that in any card game your able to judge how many cards are left in your deck, even in MTG when you're playing a 60 card deck with a maximum of 4 copies of each card your able to judge what's left based on the cards in your hand and graveyard, in a 25-26 card deck you can easily count what is left, if not I would just recommend practicing with a piece of paper - works for me.

Additionally, trackers most likely won't work after Homecoming, so that will even the playing field.

Hello Burza,

I am PS player and I agree to most of your statement on tracking cards on paper without a deck tracker. But when we combine doomed cards/ discarded doomed cards/ graveyard interaction by Assire etc, it’s very difficult to track the state of your remaining deck with just the knowledge of your deck and your graveyard. Also playing arena without deck tracker is a handicap against a PC opponent with a deck tracker. So my request is if you could do anything to level the playing field?

1. Rounds stay the same
  2. Not planned to to have a doomed stack
  3. Changes in the engine might prevent tracker use
Thank you! :)

You have mentioned engine change quite frequently at this point, so do you mean that Gwent is not on Unity engine anymore, or it is still on Unity but has been overhauled..If you have completely switched to other engine can you name it?

Guest 4226291

Hey Burza,

1. Isn’t having trackers work effectively in the game dangerous for it? As in any software can easily and effectively work in your game and you can’t do anything about it?

2. Is there a particular reason Quen is difficult to program? It worked fine in the game for months and acted as intended and had no bugs so what problems did it cause?

3. Why were triptych cards removed? You guys went through the effort of making a premium art, and now you get rid of them? Even if they’re not listed as separate cards in the collection, it would be cool to be able to swap between the art we like best out of the three.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a simple request regarding the W3 gwent music in Gwent, right now it's missing some if not all the tracks from Blood and Wine expansion and tbh those were much cooler than the original ones we have now so please add them when you can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom