GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza,
Just a few questions that came to mind :)

Will there be a report player button in-game?

On deck building:
Will deck building work the same way as now?

What is this "Provision system" I keep hearing about but can't find detailed info on?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide. Wish you and the whole CDPR team all the best.

Currently playing arena doesn't progress quests or daily rewards, will this change with Homecoming? It's very weird.

Dear Burza,

you know that we have many cards which can summon their copies from deck to board. (like the Blue Mountain Elite, Blue Stripes Scout, and Arachas Drone).so, my question is that after HC will these cards still remain? or will have more similar skill cards?

another question is will the Kambi still remain after HC?

thank you!

Hello Burza. I'm a player from South Korea. I wonder if Korean localization arrives with the same date of Homecomming.

If Im remembering it right, Gwent was about to have Korean localization at this May but got canceled due to the Homecomming update. Many players in Korean community were disappointed at that time but believed that localization will arrive with the new Gwent. However now some people are concerning if Korean localization is delayed after HC or even canceled. Can you confirm how things are in progress about this?

Thank you very much.

A few questions (not only related to homecoming).

1) Have you ever played with another faction other than ST?
2) Which is your second favourite faction?
3) Which is the gwent staff member with the highest rank ingame?
4) About the possible new faction after HC, did you guys had to rework some of their cards as well due to homecoming change of direction or it wasn't necessary?

Dear, Burza
- Tell me if there will be new event in HC with short story, frame and avatar to increase the variety improve gameplay?
- Is there will be "Jorund, son of Sigvald" card?

1. Can we get cards by playing Thronebreaker?
2. Will Create be a specific Gold mechanic? If yes will you guys reduce the amount of Golden cards with it on top of that?
3. Is Leader initiative still a thing? Some people don't like it. What about tying the Initiative mechanic with the Provision System?
4. How many days til next Premium Weekend? My body can't take it anymore Burza =(

Last edited:
Hello Burza,

I am PS player and I agree to most of your statement on tracking cards on paper without a deck tracker. But when we combine doomed cards/ discarded doomed cards/ graveyard interaction by Assire etc, it’s very difficult to track the state of your remaining deck with just the knowledge of your deck and your graveyard. Also playing arena without deck tracker is a handicap against a PC opponent with a deck tracker. So my request is if you could do anything to level the playing field?

We've never fully supported deck trackers and have never banned their use. We'll see if they will work in the future.

Dear Bruza

some questions. although each faction has the similar skill cards like summon their copies from the deck, they still have some different, for example, the Blue Mountain Elite can be boosted when they were moved while the Blue Stripe Scout can summon Blue Stripe Commando. so, after HC will there be more similar skill cards in each faction with some distinctions?

thank you!

You have mentioned engine change quite frequently at this point, so do you mean that Gwent is not on Unity engine anymore, or it is still on Unity but has been overhauled..If you have completely switched to other engine can you name it?

What I was trying to say is that we've built a new core fore the game, it's still on Unity.

Hey Burza,

1. Isn’t having trackers work effectively in the game dangerous for it? As in any software can easily and effectively work in your game and you can’t do anything about it?

2. Is there a particular reason Quen is difficult to program? It worked fine in the game for months and acted as intended and had no bugs so what problems did it cause?

3. Why were triptych cards removed? You guys went through the effort of making a premium art, and now you get rid of them? Even if they’re not listed as separate cards in the collection, it would be cool to be able to swap between the art we like best out of the three.

1. These apps dig into the source code of the game, so yes it's not the best, but it's not a big problem :)

2. The way it was programmed in the previous core of the game made it very tricky and problematic for us, that's why we decided to cut it

3. We weren't entirely happy with the art for the tri-cards

Dear, Burza
- Tell me if there will be new event in HC with short story, frame and avatar to increase the variety improve gameplay?
- Is there will be "Jorund, son of Sigvald" card?

- No, but the tutorials will be reworked
- We'll see ;)

1. Can we get cards by playing Thronebreaker?
2. Will Create be a specific Gold mechanic? If yes will you guys reduce the amount of Golden cards with it on top of that?
3. Is Leader initiative still a thing? Some people don't like it. What about tying the Initiative mechanic with the Provision System?
4. How many days til next Premium Weekend? My body can't take it anymore Burza =(

1. Once you purchase Thronebreaker cards will be unlocked
2. No it won't
3. It is, why would you not like sth, which we know so little about? :p
4. We'll announce when ready :)

Dear Bruza

some questions. although each faction has the similar skill cards like summon their copies from the deck, they still have some different, for example, the Blue Mountain Elite can be boosted when they were moved while the Blue Stripe Scout can summon Blue Stripe Commando. so, after HC will there be more similar skill cards in each faction with some distinctions?

thank you!

Looking at the design I would say yes :)

Hello Burza,
Just a few questions that came to mind :)

Will there be a report player button in-game?

On deck building:
Will deck building work the same way as now?

What is this "Provision system" I keep hearing about but can't find detailed info on?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide. Wish you and the whole CDPR team all the best.

- Not with HC
- It will be different with regards to deck size and the provision system
- Each card has a cost, so when you build a deck it has to fit the the total cost for the deck

Thank you for the kind words! :)

Hello Burza. I'm a player from South Korea. I wonder if Korean localization arrives with the same date of Homecomming.

If Im remembering it right, Gwent was about to have Korean localization at this May but got canceled due to the Homecomming update. Many players in Korean community were disappointed at that time but believed that localization will arrive with the new Gwent. However now some people are concerning if Korean localization is delayed after HC or even canceled. Can you confirm how things are in progress about this?

Thank you very much.

We'll have information regarding that closer to release :)

A few questions (not only related to homecoming).

1) Have you ever played with another faction other than ST?
2) Which is your second favourite faction?
3) Which is the gwent staff member with the highest rank ingame?
4) About the possible new faction after HC, did you guys had to rework some of their cards as well due to homecoming change of direction or it wasn't necessary?

1. Yes, Nilfgaard and Monsters
2. Monsters
3. No idea :p
4. We're not working on a new faction ATM, but when we start it will have to be reworked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom