GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Great Master!
Master-BURZAAAAA!
Tiberium in the masses!

At now few question:

1. What's the point of spraying all the cards of the players, if the cost remains the same?
2. If abilities change, but the cards (their art) will remain, then why should they be sprayed?
3. What is the idea, the very idea of this fact?

If possible, O Grand Master, in detail!
We love you!

P.S. I still do not understand why is need to spray cards. Pavel, please explain!

The idea is that players can craft cards they want and not be stuck with reworked card they don't like - simple.

Hey Pawel,

1. Can you say at the moment who is going to replace Radovid as leader for NR?
2. If no, could you maybe confirm if it is any of the rulers that I will name: Demavend III (Aedirn), Calanthe (Cintra), Ethain (Cidaris), Esterad or Tankred Thyssen (Kovir & Povis)? (As I understand it has been confirmed that It will not be Meve)
3. Can you confirm that The Wild Hunt will not be an full archetype in Monsters and instead be provide support cards for other archetypes, and does that mean that Eredin will not be a leader?
4. It is interesting that there haven't been any Scoia'tael leeks so far, so is there any info that you can provide (even just hints) for some changes that we can expect (something similar to what we have learned about the other factions so far)?

Regards! :)

1. No, want to keep it a suprise :)
2. Nice try :)
3. Eredin will be a leader, but the problem with Wild Hunt is the fact that they lack cards to build an archetype around them.
4. Traps play a more prominent role

Hello I saw there’s an epic card week event going on, I already have most of the silvers so I’m thinking about waiting for premium weekend with my 60 kegs, my question is if there’s going to be a premium weekend before homecoming releases or should I just open my kegs now?

Thanks for answering questions and caring about your community :) I have already bought 120 kegs in the last premium weekend event and if there’s another one I’ll buy more because I love Gwent and CDPR, I really hope homecoming will be a great success for the company and the Gwent franchise, good luck (y)

I would keep the kegs ;)

1. In HC, will the new board have more interaction with the players, just like the Hearthstone?
2. Will the UI of the interface menu be re-adjusted? Now it is too long, will it be a highly concentrated menu?
3. Does the premiums have exclusive BGM ( like Crones)?
4. Are there more unique, special keywords/systems?
5. Is there still an archetype that can play all the cards from deck ?

1. Not sure what you mean by that
2. It's reworked
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

Hi! In Polish forum you said that Woodland Spirit will be the Deathwish archetype leader. I'm very confused about that.
If you do so, what are you going to do with Arachas Queen? And as Dagon gone, there'll be no leader for weather archetype. Will you change some other leader to support Weather archetype?

There is no weather archetype ;)

Hi Burza,

Will you add avatars, walpapers, etc. into the Goodies section of GOG for Gwent, same as there is a bunch of cool goodies for the Witcher games?
Is anything like this planed with Homecoming or sometime in the furure?

Thanks

Maybe in the future, but not for now.

When it comes to deck building, is the decklist UI going to be like now (a list) or more like pre-Midwinter where you could visibly see each card in your deck? In my opinion, the pre-Midwinter UI felt way more pleasing as you were actually moving cards rather than filling a list.

Similar to what we have now in the game.

Hi Burza,

just one question....as Challenger is not far away anymore, are we gonna see some Homecoming footage or gaming content there? :giggle:

Thanks

Hi Burza,

As always thanks for your devotion to this thread and the community.

I'd like to know whether or not there will be a reset of our current game stats. For example the stats regarding our total number of victories and victories per faction as can be viewed on the profile page.

1. Will we keep these stats after homecoming or will we have to start over?

2. Also will the profile page remain generally the same as it is now or can we expect a entire overhaul of it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Burza! When you read this, most likely it's already Friday, the end of the week.
Therefore, a couple of questions:

1) Will there be a closed PTR next week?
2) Have you already recorded a video about HC?
3) When should we expect something cool, on the 1st or 2th of September?

Best of luck!

1. You mentioned selecting when to pass the turn on your own, does that mean there will be seperate keys/commands to pass turn and pass round?
2. Will activateable abilities have limits/uses? How will they work if one player has passed? Since there is potential for infinite turns there
3. Did Cory Barlog play Gwent while at CDPR offices and did you give him all the leeks?

Hi Pawel,

after Homecoming will be released, would I need PS Plus subscription to continue playing "normally" or not? Sony policies are sometimes hard to understand for mere mortals.. Are cross-platform accounts planned for future, or not at all?

Thanks!

Hello, mr. Burza. Now we can play in gwent on Windows 7 x32 bit system. After the release of Homecoming, can we still play in gwent on Windows 7 x32 bit system? It's really important for me! I will be grateful for the answer.

It's 3 am, I suddenly had a strange premonition... You guys are not going to remove the positioning within the rows, right?

hi Burza, I have a few questions having watched you on the mana burn podcast - it was really interesting.

- when it was decided to remove gold immunity from cards why was it all or nothing? would it not be possible for some cards to be balanced to have timed immunity.

- was the board in a grid format ever considered for testing (when you tested cards having attack and health)?
i feel it could open a lot of potential for design space

- will we see changes to arena for Homecoming like showing faction card backs of opponents hand, so arena isn't so unpredictable?

- what is the design teams philosophy on factions and creating new ones - is it to separate mechanics that would be broken if in the same card pool or simply to group archetypes that have synergy together? and what will the purpose of neutral cards be, after Homecoming?

1. You said the art team don't like the triptychs art. So are cards like Reaver hunters, Blue stipes commandos etc... getting new art?

2. Regarding Wildhunt as a archetype you said not enough Wildhunt cards, In future will there be more WIldhunt cards to make it more of an archetype?

3. Is frost/white frost going to have more synergy/exclusivity with Monsters faction and Wildhunt?

4. Has Francesca Findabair taken over Specials/Spells archetype in Scoia'tael over Eithne? makes sense lore wise

5. During Mana podcast you said Pavko was OP but they changed him, could you give us a little tease what his ability was?

6. After HC, what's more likely the new faction that's been mentioned or something smaller like Vampire expansion or new leaders for factions?

Hello Burza! Appreciate you guys' hardworking on the Homecoming Project!

Simple question here! We are so thrilled to see your reveal of the matching interface on your twitter and...
Is there any surprise we can get for today? Since it's really close to the end of August now. Pleasssssse.

Wish you guy good luck at work! Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom