GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza! Some questions for your answers yesterday:

(1) An average of 5 strength for Bronze cards seem a little too small? Can you tell us what's the power of Silver and Gold is gonna be like, for example, average 9 and 12.

(2) With Bronze being 5 points, it seems as if Gold cards are becoming much more powerful in Homecoming?

(3) We can see that the Foltest usually use swarm to win the game. But now the board is limited to 18 units, it that going to affect Foltest strategies? Or can we say his ability is altered? If yes, can you tell us what's the new ability?

(4) We really miss the OP deck Spy Emhyr, it he going to make a strong comeback at Homecoming?

(5) I am a big fan of NR, can you give me a little hint about what's new for NR in Homecoming please?

I know these are a lot of questions and I really appreciate your diligent answering for the community every day.
You are the best Community Manager for us, no doubt!

1 & 2. The overall power of all types of cards and their damage/boost abilities are brought down
3. Foltest swarm won't have a place after Homecoming
4. Nope
5. They have a cool activated ability strategy with charge counters on them, simply love it :)

1. Will there be a basic set where these cards will not be present on Kegs while also being able to unlock their respective Premiums through levels?
2. Will Premium Leaders be unockable?
3. WIll you guys be putting a new feature in the game to discourage @r$eh0!e$ from playing full tryhard/netdecks on Casual Game Mode? Like for example prohibiting players from using decks that have more than X Provision to enter the game mode?

Everything will be available in the same way as it was before and no, we won't prohibiting anything in the casual game mode :)

Hi Burza,

You guys mentioned that you don't want to be adding old Witcher music to the game but rather new music composed specifically for Gwent.

That being said are people like Marcin Przybylowicz and Hanna Kubiak still at the studio working on sound design for Gwent along with others we will know from Witcher 3 or are they part of the Cyberpunk team now and there are new people working on Gwent we don't know about yet? :D

Tnx!

Our sound designers and composers work on all CDPRED titles :)

1.Hello,still any cards we can used to counter the advantage of going second?
Just like Ciri and Ocvist. Is it Neutral card ?Or faction card?

2.I'm curious about the new plan of the Coin mechanic.
I wonder if you can describe it briefly?
Thank you.;)

1. Yes, Ciri has her old ability and Ocvist has a new one
2. We will when the time is right :)

Dear Burza,

Will Hym and Triss:TK have a different ability? Creating a card from opponent's deck is unhealthy IMHO and it forces compromise on deck-building fearing those specific cards.

Thanks, RRC.

Hey Burza! Brazil Game Show is Happening middle October. Are you coming with something to it?

Thanks, have a great day! :)

Hi Burza
1) Do you like the SC in homecoming? Are they still your favorite faction or not?
2) Will Francesca become great after homecoming? (I really like this card and the character myself, but throughout the whole gwent she was not too popular:()
3) Do we see more SC bronze traps after Homecoming?
4) Will there be a swap mechanic in the game? If so, will it be a separate archetype or will these cards help other archetypes to find cards from the deck?
5) Will we see new SC faces?
6) Will some SC cards be transferred to other factions? (Maybe Saskia or Hattori will become neutral or NR cards?)
7) Will the mechanics of resurrection be individual for Skellige, or will we see these cards from other factions? (Like Hattori, Shani, Paulie now)

Thanks, have a great day! :)

Hello Burza! Love the post of Thronebreaker, review the trailer from a year ago and still amazed by it.
Here are several questions I would like to ask you,

1 One thing we have all felt about is the over-powerful cards Restore and Hym, are they gonna get nerfed finally?

2 I really love the kind of Scoia'Tael that deals damage via moving opponents' units. However, they are pretty weak in the current ladder. Since gold weathers are also remastered, will this deck remain in HC?

3 Big One! Will there be Axii Charm for Geralt in HC? Or, will it join the game some time after HC?

4 What will be the cool new ability of Unseen Elder? Is it a preparation of the upcoming Vampire faction?

5 There are currently too few Aedirn cards in Gwent. We have the mighty Seltkirk and are we gonna see more Aedirn cards in HC? May I guess the new leader is from Aedirn?

6 Monster is gonna have much fewer cards in HC, is it gonna influence the construction of their decks?

7 Are we gonna get enchantment cards like those in MTG? What about items that can be attached to units? I think it's more like a battlefield when you can equip your soldiers with weapons right?

8 May we have a glimpse of the amazing board before Challenger? Pleassssssse.

That's all! I know it's a bit too much for a day and I am truly sorry for the burden. Thank you Burza!

1. Is there any other ways to win the game besides having more points than the opposite?
2. Is there any plans that allow we players to custom leader cards' pictures and voice?

hello burza,
I remember you have told us that NDA ptr will open ahead of Challenger,now you say the video of HC may be put off untill finals.Will the ptr also be postponed until September?:)
Thanks!

Greeting Burza
I'm wondering since TB is a standalone game now ,will the follow-up expansions be like this?:unsure:
Gwent team have done real great job,but this move also hurt Gwent funs so deeply......:cry::cry::cry:

Hello Burza, Danman from Aretuza here, thank you for answering all these questions, hopefully, you will get to mine, too!

1. Has the "coinflip solution" progressed in any way? Last time we have heard anything about it, Rafal mentioned Leader initiative. Is this still something you are working on or is it more or less solved?

2. Will the boosting/strengthening mechanic stay the same? Same goes for damaging/weakening, is staying the same?

3. You mentioned that some sort of spectator mode/replay feature could be coming sometime after HC. This more of a suggestion than a question but could we maybe get "a library" of our previous games from which we could download replays? This would make it way easier to analyse games and coach new players without 3rd party programmes.

4. When talking about Northern Realms, given that we are getting a new leader for this faction with HC, is it possible that we could get a leader that is not a ruler? In the past, we got Foltest, Henselt, Radovid and Adda. I wonder, is it possible that we could a leader like Vernon Roche or do you guys want to focus on making NR leaders kings/queens?

5. Will loyal and disloyal units still be a thing in HC?

6. You mentioned that there will an incentive for players who reach the maximum level to play more? Can we expect some sort of vanity or economic rewards after we finish our experience progression? Can we expect something like "prestige levels"?

7. My last question is: Who do you think is going to win this Challenger and why is it Damo or Andy?

Thank for all the work you are putting in, send my regards to the team!

Dear Burza,

Will Hym and Triss:TK have a different ability? Creating a card from opponent's deck is unhealthy IMHO and it forces compromise on deck-building fearing those specific cards.

Thanks, RRC.

Hymn - yes and Triss - no

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom