GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza
1) Do you like the SC in homecoming? Are they still your favorite faction or not?
2) Will Francesca become great after homecoming? (I really like this card and the character myself, but throughout the whole gwent she was not too popular:()
3) Do we see more SC bronze traps after Homecoming?
4) Will there be a swap mechanic in the game? If so, will it be a separate archetype or will these cards help other archetypes to find cards from the deck?
5) Will we see new SC faces?
6) Will some SC cards be transferred to other factions? (Maybe Saskia or Hattori will become neutral or NR cards?)
7) Will the mechanics of resurrection be individual for Skellige, or will we see these cards from other factions? (Like Hattori, Shani, Paulie now)

Thanks, have a great day! :)

1. Of course, more then ever because of the way trap cards work
2. We're still trying to figure her out, but I hope so!
3. Bronze and gold traps :)
4. Won't be a archetype for sure
5. A couple, like Gabor for example
6. Nope
7. Yes

Hello Burza! Love the post of Thronebreaker, review the trailer from a year ago and still amazed by it.
Here are several questions I would like to ask you,

1 One thing we have all felt about is the over-powerful cards Restore and Hym, are they gonna get nerfed finally?

2 I really love the kind of Scoia'Tael that deals damage via moving opponents' units. However, they are pretty weak in the current ladder. Since gold weathers are also remastered, will this deck remain in HC?

3 Big One! Will there be Axii Charm for Geralt in HC? Or, will it join the game some time after HC?

4 What will be the cool new ability of Unseen Elder? Is it a preparation of the upcoming Vampire faction?

5 There are currently too few Aedirn cards in Gwent. We have the mighty Seltkirk and are we gonna see more Aedirn cards in HC? May I guess the new leader is from Aedirn?

6 Monster is gonna have much fewer cards in HC, is it gonna influence the construction of their decks?

7 Are we gonna get enchantment cards like those in MTG? What about items that can be attached to units? I think it's more like a battlefield when you can equip your soldiers with weapons right?

8 May we have a glimpse of the amazing board before Challenger? Pleassssssse.

That's all! I know it's a bit too much for a day and I am truly sorry for the burden. Thank you Burza!

1. Both have different abilities
2. Don't think so
3. Nope, not planned atm
4. Drain mechanic ;)
5. Nope and maybe here :D
6. Don't think so, they will be more leveled now
7. Enchantments no, but artifact cards, yes :)
8. Nope :D

All good! Have a good day! :)

hello burza,
I remember you have told us that NDA ptr will open ahead of Challenger,now you say the video of HC may be put off untill finals.Will the ptr also be postponed until September?:)
Thanks!

Closed PTR will launch soon, we're currently testing internally.

Greeting Burza
I'm wondering since TB is a standalone game now ,will the follow-up expansions be like this?:unsure:
Gwent team have done real great job,but this move also hurt Gwent funs so deeply......:cry::cry::cry:

Why would this hurt the GWENT team? This shows that TB is such a good game that it can be a standalone full RPG experience, I think that this is good news and this change lets us market the game to a wider audience.

1. Are any factions complete for HC?

2. Which faction is requiring the most work?

3. No Reveal, No Spies archetype; can we get a hint on what will be a NG archetype?

4. Can you say what factions will be available on the HC video or PTR?

Hello Burza, Danman from Aretuza here, thank you for answering all these questions, hopefully, you will get to mine, too!

1. Has the "coinflip solution" progressed in any way? Last time we have heard anything about it, Rafal mentioned Leader initiative. Is this still something you are working on or is it more or less solved?

2. Will the boosting/strengthening mechanic stay the same? Same goes for damaging/weakening, is staying the same?

3. You mentioned that some sort of spectator mode/replay feature could be coming sometime after HC. This more of a suggestion than a question but could we maybe get "a library" of our previous games from which we could download replays? This would make it way easier to analyse games and coach new players without 3rd party programmes.

4. When talking about Northern Realms, given that we are getting a new leader for this faction with HC, is it possible that we could get a leader that is not a ruler? In the past, we got Foltest, Henselt, Radovid and Adda. I wonder, is it possible that we could a leader like Vernon Roche or do you guys want to focus on making NR leaders kings/queens?

5. Will loyal and disloyal units still be a thing in HC?

6. You mentioned that there will an incentive for players who reach the maximum level to play more? Can we expect some sort of vanity or economic rewards after we finish our experience progression? Can we expect something like "prestige levels"?

7. My last question is: Who do you think is going to win this Challenger and why is it Damo or Andy?

Thank for all the work you are putting in, send my regards to the team!

1. It's solved and it's connected to leaders
2. More or less, yes
3. Too soon to go into specifics, but it's an interesting idea :)
4. Royalty is coming ;)
5. Yes
6. Maybe, I want to make a seperate video on this ;)
7. I hope Damorquis :D

Hello Burza, I was creeping this thread for a while and finally decided to ask a question myself.

Having TB be standalone and not requiring gwent to be installed would mean that gwent code is copy/pasted in TB as well in order to play gwent duels. Or is it a different gwent in TB?

1. Are any factions complete for HC?

2. Which faction is requiring the most work?

3. No Reveal, No Spies archetype; can we get a hint on what will be a NG archetype?

4. Can you say what factions will be available on the HC video or PTR?

1. Monsters, Scoia'tael, Neutrals, Skellige and the majority of NG and NR
2. Nilfgaard
3. Each faction plays in a different way, rather then focusing on locked archetypes we give players a lot more leg room to play around and do cool stuff with multiple synergies, but Nilfgaard is focused heavily on control :)
4. Monsters and Scoia'tael <3

Hello Burza, I was creeping this thread for a while and finally decided to ask a question myself.

Having TB be standalone and not requiring gwent to be installed would mean that gwent code is copy/pasted in TB as well in order to play gwent duels. Or is it a different gwent in TB?

Gameplay wise it's the same as Homecoming, but the cards are redesigned for the single player experience :)

You told us about "coinflip solution" and that it's connected to leaders. What will happen, if same leaders will face each other? How coinflip will work in this case?

Hi Pawel!
My few questions about HC.
1.Are you gonna change some economy part of the game(Currency,amount of rewards etc.)?
2.Why are you so thin???

Hey, Paweł!

I have some question about HC and TB:

1. With max 2 bronzes will blacklisting still be a thing or are you planning to remove it (and the mulligan bug at the same time)?
2. With Tb being a separate game, will we see what was supposed to be campaigns for another factions also as separate games or maybe DLCs?

Greetings from Katowice! ;)

Hi.

1) Has the style of TB changed after HC? Are the old screenshots still actual?
2) Does Rafal still manage the project? If not, then who?
3) Rethaz was the ideologist of the project. Who is now the ideologist of the project gwent?
4) Is Damien Monnier involved as a consultant during the development of the HC?

Thanks!

1. My favorite Nilfgaard Golden is Yennefer Enchantress, is her ability going to change? I like her ability to ressurect the last played spell, feels good double Scorching, but it's quite handicaping, will it change to resssurect a played spell or does she have a new ability?
2. Will leder initiative be fixed or will it change every new Update/Meta or something like that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom