GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Thronebreaker have higher system requirements than Homecoming version of Gwent, or is it exactly the same?

Hello, Pawel

1. Do we still have Moonlight in HC?
2. Do we still have cards in HC which can steal opponents creatures?
3. Does Borkh still love to burn creatures?

Have a nice day and a great weekend!

Hey Pavko! Some questions from me:
1. Opening kegs animations is going to change?
2. New menu or it is going to be almost the same?
3. Still 5 cards from kegs, one to choice, nothing going to change, right?
4. Would love to buy missing avatar titles etc for some in game currency

Hi Burza, we are really looking forward to the Challenger and believe it will be exciting!
Got several questions today for you,

1 Is it possible that some decks in HC will contain less or more than 4 Golds? Maybe some really strong golds will take up a lot of resource points that you can only bring 3 of them instead of 4? I think this will be fun.

2 Will there be cross-faction decks like those multi-color decks in MTG? Maybe with higher building restrictions or limiting resource points will make this idea come true? It's really fun to imagine ST and NR fighting side by side against NG! If not, maybe you can consider a future 2v2 mode?

3 Will there be more Dryads for ST?

4 My friends are complaining that they are starving for leeks and they really want something before the Challenger? Is there any surprise you can offer us today?

5 You mention that leaders help solve the coin problem? How does that actually work? Can you give a simple example?

6 The Combat Engineer is currently a puzzling card with no combo in NG, will it be remastered? Or are we expecting more machines for NG?

7 Will Kambi and Hemdall be separate golds in HC?

Thank you so much for your answers! Have a nice day!

Good Morning Mr Burza,
Just a few questions before the release of the highly anticipated HC video

1. Is the HC video the start of more weekly info, promotion and videos to come?

2. Are special card synergies going to remain a Scoia'tael faction theme? Or could it move to NR or NG?

3. Will Mage tag cards have synergies with spells or special cards?

4. Is there going to be more ways to deal with ambush/traps from the opponents perspective? Or is just lock like now?

5. Anything you can say about a Skellige synergy other than graveyard interaction?

6. Which leader has the coolest ability?

7. 68 cards per faction; How many of them are Gold?

8. Could you give us a little tease of a cool Gold card ability?

9. If Isengrim and Iorveth got into a fight over a she-elf who would win?

Thank you for your time. Hope you have a nice time at Challenger.

Hello Pavel, First of all, thanks for being so dedicated and comprehensive. I only have one question: Do we still have a totally new faction incoming or is it like one of the current factions spitting between two (e.g Current Monsters split between Wild Hunt and rest of the monsters)? Thank you for your time :)

You told us about "coinflip solution" and that it's connected to leaders. What will happen, if same leaders will face each other? How coinflip will work in this case?

Doesn't matter if they are the same leader. We'll talk about this more in detail later :)

Hi Pawel!
My few questions about HC.
1.Are you gonna change some economy part of the game(Currency,amount of rewards etc.)?
2.Why are you so thin???

1. Rewards will change, this is something that also needs to be covered in detail closer to the release.
2. I do a lot of cycling from 300 to 500km a week, I also go running (6km once or twice a week) and swimming once a week. Keeps me level in this crazy time before Homecoming :)

Hey, Paweł!

I have some question about HC and TB:

1. With max 2 bronzes will blacklisting still be a thing or are you planning to remove it (and the mulligan bug at the same time)?
2. With Tb being a separate game, will we see what was supposed to be campaigns for another factions also as separate games or maybe DLCs?

Greetings from Katowice! ;)

1. Mulligan bug for sure as for blacklisting, we're still considering this
2. Too soon to say we first have to wait and see how Thronebreaker is received :)

Hi.

1) Has the style of TB changed after HC? Are the old screenshots still actual?
2) Does Rafal still manage the project? If not, then who?
3) Rethaz was the ideologist of the project. Who is now the ideologist of the project gwent?
4) Is Damien Monnier involved as a consultant during the development of the HC?

Thanks!

1. The world looks better and is less empty
2. The project is managed by Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz
3. There never has been one ideologist , it's a team effort and a lot of ideas for different aspects of the game come from different teams
4. No

Good Morning Mr Burza,
Just a few questions before the release of the highly anticipated HC video

1. Is the HC video the start of more weekly info, promotion and videos to come?

2. Are special card synergies going to remain a Scoia'tael faction theme? Or could it move to NR or NG?

3. Will Mage tag cards have synergies with spells or special cards?

4. Is there going to be more ways to deal with ambush/traps from the opponents perspective? Or is just lock like now?

5. Anything you can say about a Skellige synergy other than graveyard interaction?

6. Which leader has the coolest ability?

7. 68 cards per faction; How many of them are Gold?

8. Could you give us a little tease of a cool Gold card ability?

9. If Isengrim and Iorveth got into a fight over a she-elf who would win?

Thank you for your time. Hope you have a nice time at Challenger.

1. Can't promise anything, but the goal is to show more
2. Scoia and NG since both are mor efocused on control
3. No
4. There will
5. That's it for now
6. I like the new Henselt
7. A lot
8. Nope, wait for the reveal :)

Thank you! Sorry to be so vague, but the video I'm working on answers some questions and i don't want to leak the leek :D

Hello Pavel, First of all, thanks for being so dedicated and comprehensive. I only have one question: Do we still have a totally new faction incoming or is it like one of the current factions spitting between two (e.g Current Monsters split between Wild Hunt and rest of the monsters)? Thank you for your time :)

After Homecoming we'll get to work on a new faction, but some might split ;)

Vague, but it gives a clue.
Jinkies-862x718.jpg

1. My favorite Nilfgaard Golden is Yennefer Enchantress, is her ability going to change? I like her ability to ressurect the last played spell, feels good double Scorching, but it's quite handicaping, will it change to resssurect a played spell or does she have a new ability?
2. Will leder initiative be fixed or will it change every new Update/Meta or something like that?

1. She's getting a rework
2. We'll see ;)

Hello, Pawel

1. Do we still have Moonlight in HC?
2. Do we still have cards in HC which can steal opponents creatures?
3. Does Borkh still love to burn creatures?

Have a nice day and a great weekend!

1. No, we want to re-introduce this archetype with more cards to support it later in time
2. Yes, charm mechanic is there, actually Nilfgaard is quiet charming
3. Of course :)

Hey Pavko! Some questions from me:
1. Opening kegs animations is going to change?
2. New menu or it is going to be almost the same?
3. Still 5 cards from kegs, one to choice, nothing going to change, right?
4. Would love to buy missing avatar titles etc for some in game currency

1. Yes
2. Totally new
3. The same
4. We might have this option :)

Hi Burza, we are really looking forward to the Challenger and believe it will be exciting!
Got several questions today for you,

1 Is it possible that some decks in HC will contain less or more than 4 Golds? Maybe some really strong golds will take up a lot of resource points that you can only bring 3 of them instead of 4? I think this will be fun.

2 Will there be cross-faction decks like those multi-color decks in MTG? Maybe with higher building restrictions or limiting resource points will make this idea come true? It's really fun to imagine ST and NR fighting side by side against NG! If not, maybe you can consider a future 2v2 mode?

3 Will there be more Dryads for ST?

4 My friends are complaining that they are starving for leeks and they really want something before the Challenger? Is there any surprise you can offer us today?

5 You mention that leaders help solve the coin problem? How does that actually work? Can you give a simple example?

6 The Combat Engineer is currently a puzzling card with no combo in NG, will it be remastered? Or are we expecting more machines for NG?

7 Will Kambi and Hemdall be separate golds in HC?

Thank you so much for your answers! Have a nice day!

1. Possible
2. Not planned atm :)
3. One day ;)
4. Hmmmm let me think of sth :)
5. I want to cover this in a seperate video :)
6. Reworked
7. Yes

Have a good day!

Hello @Burza46,

With the current season being closed it's not possible to take a look at the leaderboard in Ranked Mode. And I think a lot of players would love to be able to check it. Recently I tried to gather informations...
Can we expect a feature or website (such as: Pro Ladder Rankings) showcasing Top 1.000 or more? It would be awesome to browse leaderboards from previous seasons!

I wish you a great Challenger #4! :)

Last edited:
Hi Burza.

I have a question about the Thronebreaker. Considering it's single-player, standalone release and GOG is against DRM, will it be possible to play it offline?

EDIT: After you revealed the Homecoming, I have another question. Will be the new premiums still 3d? Currently, you can turn them around a bit to look from a slightly different angle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom