GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. After watching the Homecoming Reveal I didn't see any leader cards present in the User Interface, does that mean the leader cards have been replaced by those 3D models for the UI, and we only see those leader cards during the deck building and once the leaders are deployed, if leader deployment is still a thing.

[I sidetrack from the question to give a bit of feedback]

If this is the case I have to say I'm kind of disappointed because from what I've seen you did a great job to better showcase the card art, but then you choose to hide the card art of the leaders to replace them by 3D models, and even though I don't hate those models, don't love them either, I think the card art is always going to be superior looking as you can be more creative with the posture, camera angle, and effects (...) than a 3D model. Quite a few of my favourite premiums are leaders and it would be a shame to have them left to a background role.

2. I love the board, but also seen few people hating it, mainly because they don't want a battlefield like board but something recreating the atmosphere of an inn, so my question is do you plan in having non-faction oriented boards closer to what those people might expect.

1. Exactly
2. Not for now

Hi Burza,
1. How to distinguish between neutral and faction cards except the cards' back?

2. Some revealed new cards' style and ability don't match at all(e.g. Wild Hunt Navigator).Is this the final version before ptr started?

3. 3D modeling is fine, but the leader looks awkward, hope they'll be improved.

Thanks for all your work!

Hi Burza!

After watching the video, I was delighted, but after I sat and thought it over, I realized that this video is not what everyone was waiting for last 5 months. You have repeatedly said how important the first impression will be from the Homecoming project. As a result, we have a video of 8 minutes, in which 70% of the content consists of your dialogues, and 30% where you show something. This material is barely enough to make any opinion of the project.

Therefore, the question. When we see more? Maybe on stream, or another video? What are your plans at all? But please, do not again say "soon". According to the plan you have a release in a month and a half, and this word is not very appropriate at the moment.

Regards, cardiant.

I have other videos and streams planned, can't reveal a timeline yet tho, will keep you updated.

Greetins Burza, HC looks great, hope to see more soonTM. I'd just like to know a few extra details.
1. Will cards like roach, BSC, and foglets (come out of the deck when you do certain criteria) still be a thing in HC?

2. Will leaders still have their cards be playable in matches or are they can't join in the battlefield?

3. You said some Golds have unique deploy animations, will some bronzes do too?

4. Any chance you can tweek the blue and white gems between bronzes? Still kind of gard to tell em apart from a distance.

5. Love the new mulligan, hopefully it'll lessen them returning from redraws, will we still draw the same no. Of cards in rounds but just have more mulligans (2 draws round 2, 1 draw round 3)?

6. I noticed when Imlerith was targeting the ekimmara, woodland spirit was facing where the target was, was he supposed to have animations along witht that?

7. Were any mechanics shelved for HC? (Ex. Resilience) and they are a lot of new ones?

8. Will we see wraiths in HC (or atleast Olgierds brother?)?

9. You said they aint enough Wild hunt cards for an archetype, were some cut?

10. Last 1, will the next video be an actual match or another board/mechanic showcase.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you again for listening to the community and cant wait for HC. :)

Thanks for your hard work guys, the video you showed yesterday was spectacular and i can't wait to see more.

1) How "old" is the video we saw yesterday compared to the current build you guys are working on? I've noticed your Gwent open shirt so i suppose that was the video that was going to be showed at Open before the delay?

2) Is there any chance you'll place the leaders diagonally to each other? Imho it would greatly improve the visuals and the feels of two opponents standing against each other (example here: https://imgur.com/vifrqg4)

3) Any chance you can hint how the new leaders work now that they are 3d models and not cards (at least visually)?

4) How many cards are "final" and how many are still WIP? In a percentage.

Guest 4305932

Hi, what we have seen it's great. I love new board and card abilities tied to row. Just a couple of questions. Different cards have "damage random units" ability. Are those abilities just a placeholder? If not, will this randomness be limited?

Hello Burza, I really loved the Homecoming reveal and am very hyped for it.
But I have some questions:
1. On the vran card was a new keyword "Thrive" can you tell us what it does?
2. Is Arachas Queen still a consume leader and does consume archetype even exist in HC?
3. What is your and the team's opinion on moving opponents leader diagonally opposite?
4. Theoretically how many archetypes will each faction have?
5. Do leaders have only passive abilities or active...or a mixture of both?
Thank you and thanks to the whole Gwent team for your amazing work! Can't wait to see more. :)

My post got moved since i was a bit more offtopic so I'll just ask the questions now.

1. Are you planning to change the arrow that was showed in today's video? I am talking about the large blue arrow that we also currently have on gwent at the moment.

2. It looked like you can't grab the card and place it on the battlefield by yourself, like you can at the moment. Felt like you have to select the card first and click on the position you want to place on it. Can you elaborate on that a bit?

3. The VFX for Sabbath looked exactly like the fireball we have right now for NR machines, so are the new VFX just going to be for weathers? because that's the only new vfx that we saw in the video iirc.

1. Yes
2. That's still work in progress
3. That's just one example of one VFX effect - not final, we're still implementing them to the game :)

Hello devs. Great visual updates. Thanks for the work you put into it. I have a few questions:

1. Will the leaders be improved in the final version? I understand that this is a work in progress but can we expect a different presentation? For example the Unseen Elder feels too "mobile game" quality.

2. Will the new visuals require higher specs? My laptop turns into a jet while playing the current version of Gwent. I feel that Homecoming will melt my motherboard with all that 3D visuals (especially the leaders). Will we be able to disable them maybe?

3. Finally, have you noticed that the new bronze and gold borders (which are freaking awesome btw) are too close to each other in terms of color. Why not use silver and gold instead which are way more distinguishable? Is that on your radar?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

1. Yes, these are not final yet
2. We don't have specs yet, but the game is optimized better
3. We did, it's already being worked on :)

1. Will there be any sort of indicator on leaders to see if they are useable or not? Right now it seems like there isn't one and it might be difficult to distinguish for newer/returning players
  2. Will leaders taunt each other when we emote?
  3. If the players are of different factions, will the board be of your/opponent's faction or will it mix like in current gwent?

Hello, mister Burza, I have found some very strange moment in yesterday's video...
1535974239609.png

Well, we see here two Arachas Drones, two Ekimmaras and Imlerith and also some unit is in the graveyard (if I correctly understood that icon with "1" in the corner). Both players played only two cards from hand.
As we can see, Ekimmara's ability is the same - drain 3 power. And one of them did it: it drained 3 from Imlerith. But another one Drained only 1 point, it means that it killed some unit with 1 power. And all this means that the unit in the graveyard is THIRD Arachas! How is it possible? Does it have different ability now and just spawns two base copies or you did not tell the whole truth about the limit of two cards? :unsure:

Last edited:
Hi Burza,

First, great job on the board guys ! It looks fantastic (and note that Monsters is my least favorite faction :p). I can't wait to see the other boards (Nilfgaard and Scoia'tael Hype !)

Of course I have a couple of questions after watching the video:

1. Are the current leader cards arts gone in HC ? The 3D leader is a great idea but I loved the original 2D/premiums card arts you guys made. Will they appear somewhere ?

2. Is it the start of the (previously promised) regular updates on HC ? Since the original deadline is coming in 2 months... one can hope ?

Thank you !

I personally can't wait to see more of Homecoming, as I've stopped playing the game since HC's announcement and definately want to go back to it.

Cheers !

1. Yes, when you right-click the leader and in the deck builder :)
2. I will be producing more video content :)

Hey Pavel.
With removing silver cards from the game, how will the character hierarchy work? I mean there are such cards as Geralt, Ciri or Yen, who obviously should stay as golds, but what about such minor characters as Ronvid, Hattori (Pavko???). Will they all automatically transform to gold or will they become bronze cards, which means that we can add 2 copies of them in one deck?

Most silvers became golds :)

Hi Burza,
I'd like to know if there will be cards that trigger an effect on one of the rows but come down without doing anything extra on the other row? In the unlikely case that the answer is yes could you elaborate?
Also thanks for all the replies and the awesome reveal. Best of luck with HC!

Yes, there are some cards that trigger only on one row. :)

Have a good day :)

Hi Burza and Dev Team!
First of all, congratulations for Challenger #4, production-wise the best one so far!

About Homecoming: the new visuals look amazing and I'm sure they will be even better when game's finished! I have the following questions:

1) From a visual point of view, will the board be split in 2 with respective faction sides like in the current version of the game or each player will have a unique battlefield corresponding to his faction?

2) In the video we've seen some new mechanics in card texts... can you tell us what Thrive, Order and Reach mean please? :) And will be Duel still a thing?

3) For the next updates, are you planning videos like this one or a more detailed dev stream?

Thanks and keep up the great work, looking forward to see our beloved ST soon! :)

Hi Pawel, thank you for the leeks! Some small questions

- Now that the leaders live on the board, will the cards for them still be used in the match?
- If not, will there be a difference in the 3D version for premium leaders?
- Will we see leader-specific boards in the future?

- You can preview them while building a deck and right-clicking on the leader avatar
- The are premium by default :)
- Who knows, maybe? :)

Hi Burza !
Firstly I wanted to say that the Challenger tournament from this week-end was amazing ! Congrats to all involved people, both in front and behind the camera !
Secondly, I'm very impressed by what you have shown in the Homecoming video, even if it was too short in my taste. Congrats to the dev team for the nice work, keep going like this ! I'm very excited to see more !

So now my little question :
Will we have a last Faction Challenge before Homecoming ? If yes, will it involve NR ? The NR border is the last that I'm missing...

Have a nice week !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom