GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, speaking for those who missed the legendary keg event, is there any chance to reopen the legendary keg event, even for just one hour before HC? This event was so fast and done at thursday, was travelling at work!!

Guest 4328411

Hello Burza,

Greetings to you and the whole of CDPR, you guys are the best game developers in the world!

I only have one question for you. Will a full collection of cards will cost more or less scrap/powder to craft in HC than it does now, or will it cost roughly the same?

Thanks again, and best wishes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you guys are reworking the look of gold cards since they were too similar to bronzes in the reveal video, but I have a more specific question about this.

First off, what I really liked about gold cards back in The Witcher 3 was the fact that they really stood out. They were flashy and had this awesome golden border around their strength value, which is now not the case anymore.

Will gold cards in Homecoming be a bit more similar to gold cards in The Witcher 3 again or will their look stay a bit more on the subtle side, like in the Homecoming reveal video?

Hey there, pan Burza.

I have a bday 20.09. Could you please give me a small leak about what's going on with Redanians? I'm just in love with Dijkstra.

Anyway, appreciate your work. Have a nice day

Hi Pawel!

1) Yesterday on a stream you said "No" to the question of whether there will be future THICC cards. Why? I'm sure a lot of people would like this. In the end, you can just make an option NSFW in the menu. The Witcher has always been an adult universe. Now the game has a rating of 16+. I do not see any reason why such cards can not appear in the future.
2) PR campaign begins with the video that we will see this week, or later?
3) Running a little forward: What can we expect after this video? Another video, or maybe stream?

I wish you a great work week!

Last edited:
1 - So no more events from now on, eh? The last one was so short and sudden I almost missed it, almost felt like a kick in the b@!!$. Are we free to open our Kegs daily now?

2 - When Homecoming hits will the Epic and Legendary events go extinct and be nowhere to be seen anymore?

Last edited:
Hello Pavel

Can you say
1) Did you rework Artefact Compression spell or maybe now it can be used only on bronze cards?

2) Will be epic token units in HC and if yes what border will it have?

thanks for your work

HELLO! Mr Pawel Burza, I've got a couple of question related to present and future of the game schematics

1. With numbers being changed to smaller numbers, and provisions system being implemented, would card balancing revolve around number tweaking or their provision cost as a major balancing method.

2. I've heard somewhere that trio is still a mechanic, makes me think, How is that achievable with 2 bronzes, are there cards with similar tags that cause the effect or trios like witchers and crones trigger extra effects being all present in addition to their unique abilities?

3. Removing redania from NR was that a gate way move to adding new factions and making game more diverse? If so is it challenging to stay lore friendly and separate different cards into separate factions with viable options

4. Say thank you from us all to all devs who slaved away to bring back gwent, in not concerned about changes and game being different and redone, I'm concerned does it still feel like a chess match where smarts prevail over P2W.

5. Would you be able to leak my favourite card, Reaver Hunters, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE WITH CHERRY ON TOP? :)

Thank you for your time, and hope you could answer some or all questions :p, have a wonderful day to you and cdpr crew!

Sorry for my English in some places :(

1. That's one of the methods for sure, if a card has a stronger ability it's provision cost will go up
2. They are not, but some cards create or muster copies of themselves
3. It's Challenging because we still have a lot of cards, which can't build an archetype cause they are still missing more cards in their respective cardpool
4. They didn't slave away :p
5. Sorry, still working on it :)

Have a great day!

1- Are reaver hunters/scouts are going to make it to HC or will they still be considered Redanians ? (Since they're not really bound to Redania in lore as others that got the cut)

2-do we still have cards that play/copy cards from the opponents deck ? (For example Johhny, Avallac'h Sage and Porticullos ? (I loved having these cards since they make the games unpredictable)

1. Yes the are MIA :eek:
2. Nilfgaard has these tricks :)

Dear Mr. Burza,
very excited about HC, it looks absolutely gorgeous! I have a question that is NOT related to HC (for a change :)).

- Since HC might arrive in October and the whole game will change, is there going to be a change with the season rewards for October or is the Ciri Skellige avatar still planned? I've been waiting since last December for a new chance to get it and I'm afraid I may not have enough time to reach rank 15 if HC is released early in October.

Thanks for your time and your good work on this forum. Looking forward to your next HC videos and to finally seeing the deadly ladies of Brokilon in action.
Greetings from France!
SCOIA'TAEEEEEEEEEEL!!!

- Should be pretty much the same, but we'll let you know beforehand :)

Thank you!!!

Hi Burza,

Can you say anything about what meteorite powder will be used for after homecoming? Will it stay the same and just be for transmuting cards or will it be a currency used for other stuff as well? If so, what will it be used for?

Hoping to learn more about homecoming soon!

The same - no change :)

Hi Pawel,

Is it the plan to schedule open PTR week or two before expected release date for HC so devs have an actual chance to work on open PTR feedback? I think nobody is interested in MWU-style open PTR when the game was released on next day and any PTR feedback was literally disregarded.

It will be in the time frame you mentioned, but don't expect a major overhaul after the PTR, that's not what it's for :)

Hi Pawel
Thanks for answering my question, I have another one for you.;)
I know you guys will mill cards for us when HC comes but will Full Value Mill still be available for couple days? In case someone accidentally craft cards they don't want.

Nope, so choose wisely :)

Hello Pablo,

You have mentioned Ciri: Nova and Shupe having different abilities now due to changes to bronze card limit, so that made me thinking - will we have any "meet deckbuilding condition to get extraordinary effect in-game" cards? I see some potential in those, as it really adds depth to the game, although I can tell they are a bit demanding to create and balance in specific metas.

Thanks for the answer, have a great day and good luck with polishing the game on the last stage of your Homecoming work to whole team!

Didn't mention Shupe, he's pretty much the same :)

Hey, Burza!

I have 3 questions for you that I don't think many people asked:

1) Will there be a return of old keywords like Veteran, Retaliate, Bond, Aura, etc. in any way?

2) Will there be a card or cards that enter the play locked and need to be unlocked to activate a powerful ability and if not do you think that is an idea that you and the team might consider implementing?

3) Will the Consume mechanic automatically imply that the unit that Consumes is boosted by the Consumed unit's power or will it need to be stated as it is now? Because I don't think there is currently a card that Consumes a unit without gaining it's power so it would seem a bit redundant, and I don't think that any Consume card we saw in the reveal video has anything explicitly stated.

1) Nope
2) More like cards that have cooldowns and charges on them to activate abilities
3) It has to state that it's consuming and taking the power, look at Slyzard now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom