GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Pawel, i have a couple of questions if you can/want to answer them.

1.- Will there be any new single player modes besides Thronebreaker? Like single player arena (i've been playing a lot of single player arenas in The Elder Scrolls Legends and Eternal) or more options in practice match against AI.

2.- Do you have any "plan b" if Homecoming fails? I hope that won't happen, but i think most of us will be Happy going back to pre-midwinter update build in that case.

3.- How many people are working in Gwent right now?

Looking forward to that new video, best of luck for you all.

Hello Burza, I look forward to seeing Scoia'tael soon ;)

I have one question: Is Hubert removed with Homecoming?

Thanks and good day!

Hello, Burza! :)
Could You say, if there will be some new card arts, never showed before? And if so, how many will it be? :)

Hello Burza!

If every faction will have several unique mechanichs on it, how will you handle expansions in the long term? adding new mechanichs for each faction seems very hard, and adding a common mechanich feels strange.

Will HC introduce more cosmetics / collectables? Don't you think reducing significance of trinkets (as they won't be showed during the game) will drive some people away from grinding top ladder spots? Or maybe the rewards will change?

Hey, i was wondering whether it was at all possible in the future to be able to attend gwent events, would like to meet my favourite streamers and players and might as well try out my new polish skills on people whilst there ;)

HI Pavko,
You mentioned, that PTR will start a week before release, does it means that we should wait it on the next week?

Thank you for answer.
Sorry for my English:)

Is my favorite Higher Vampire Emiel Regis Rohellec Terzieff-Godefroy in Homecoming? If yes can you describe to me his ability in 5 words more or less? Cheers!

``A leek a day keeps the doctor away``
-Pawel Burza

Hi Burza, just read your tweet, super exciting. Well, can you guarantee now that the 2nd HC video will debut today? Thank you so much. Have a nice day.

Hey Burza:)

1) What was the reason you decided to show avatars and borders only in the profile/match making screen and not in the actual battlefield?

2) you mentioned one time, that NG will focus heavily on control. Does that mean we won't have other archetypes of NG other than control? Because a faction that is purely based on control would be kind of weak, since proactive plays are in general worth more than reactive ones.
Or did you mean control in a way The Guardian, Assire, Vico Medic do currently? So more in a way of disruppting strategies and mes with the opponents deck, rather than pure removal.
Please tell me my favourite faction doesn't only relly on control :)

3) Regarding the ranking system: will there be different ranks or will 21 stil be the highest? If it will be the highest, will it be easier, harder or equal to reach current ranks?

4) When the Art for Ruehin was discovered a lot of people we're really interested/hyped because the art was so great and horrifying. A lot of people even expected him as the new monster leader. When then the card was revealed during the stream, people we're pretty disappointed because of the boring and very weak effect of him that's basically only useful in very nieche scenariois/decks.
Is he going to changed and made more interesting and worth playing with HC? Is he maybe even becoming a leader? It would be a shame if this cool Art wasn't played more often.

Thanks and have a good day:)

1) Since the leader is leading the army the avatars don't really have place on the board
2) You will have other archetypes, by control I meant disruption of course
3) The system will change and it will be more interesting for sure :)
4) Leader - not an option. Abilities are still subject to change.

• RED Point
Reactions: F10
Hello Pawel, i have a couple of questions if you can/want to answer them.

1.- Will there be any new single player modes besides Thronebreaker? Like single player arena (i've been playing a lot of single player arenas in The Elder Scrolls Legends and Eternal) or more options in practice match against AI.

2.- Do you have any "plan b" if Homecoming fails? I hope that won't happen, but i think most of us will be Happy going back to pre-midwinter update build in that case.

3.- How many people are working in Gwent right now?

Looking forward to that new video, best of luck for you all.

1. We'll see how Thronebreaker does first :)
2. We're not thinking about "plan b" ;)
3. Over 150

Hello Burza!

If every faction will have several unique mechanichs on it, how will you handle expansions in the long term? adding new mechanichs for each faction seems very hard, and adding a common mechanich feels strange.

Adding new mechanics is not that hard TBH, balancing them into the existing cardpool is a challenge, most of the time when new things come in they are either a) over-powered or b) under-powered. We have to see how the game plays after all the Homecoming changes and then we will start working on adding new cards with expansions.

Will HC introduce more cosmetics / collectables? Don't you think reducing significance of trinkets (as they won't be showed during the game) will drive some people away from grinding top ladder spots? Or maybe the rewards will change?

Trust me, there will be incentives to grind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom