GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn't expect todays leeks about the release date for HC and TB and i really want to thank you. Can u also give us the price for TB as it has already the release date?

Thanks once more your your great work and see you one day on the battlefield!

We can't share the price just yet :)

Are there going to be any row locked Order abilities? And what happens if those cards are moved to a different row? Will the other effect be triggered, or will the same one be triggered as before?

There will be different effects on different rows or some effects that only work on one row :)

New video is simply mind-blowing! Awesome job and wonderful leaders :D Here are some new questions:

1. Do you already know what will the next video be about?
2. Which faction will the next video feature?
3. Have you already figured the Northern Realms (Or Temeria&Friends :sneaky:) playstyle?
4. Are cards with simple mechanics shown on purpose or have we already seen the general gameplay of HC? Currently it feels like HC lacks cards with unique abilities which aren't damage / boost.
5. Is the transition between halves of the board smooth when we play vs other faction?
6. It seems like Epic Gold cards (current silver cards) are worse than Legendary Gold cards. Is it caused by their lower provision cost? Does it mean that all bronze cards across the faction are going to be balanced as similar to each other as possible, while provision system will affect only gold cards and make them differ a lot?
7. If the answer to the 6th question is yes then I guess it's possible to create so powerful gold card that we will be able to have just one gold in our deck while it will look the same as other gold cards. Are there any plans to show the difference between cheaper&weaker and more expensive&stronger gold cards on the board for learning reasons?

1. Yes :)
2. We'll see what's more polished
3. More or less
4. Everything you see is WIP
5. Yes, it looks cool :)
6. Provisions are tweaked based on abilities
7. We'll see ;)

about the certification on consoles , wasn't gwent part of the Xbox game preview program ? and did that help with the certification predicament in the past?

if yes then maybe the same can be done with homecoming and Thronebreaker ?

Last edited:
Hello Burza,

sorry if it has already been answered but will Thronebreaker use the rules of homecoming update or will it be the old format with 3 rows on each side? Thanks.

Question: in Homecoming, are there any cards that draw both players a card? Like today's Avallac'h, Albrich, Shilard, or Stregobor?

Follow up, more complicated question: if there are, what happens if the player on "blue coin" (whatever that means in Homecoming) plays one of these cards as their first card in round 1? (Curious about that effect's interaction with the hand size limit.)

Thanks!

Nope, no draw for both players :)

Dear Pawel,

Thank you for the hard work!

1. In the future, is the vision to replace cards on the board by 3D models of all characters? :) Similar to the leaders. So, rather than placing cards on the board, there will be 3D characters on the board (like chess). And, playing a card will move or trigger a character action. It will be even more a battlefield then :)

Feel free to steal this idea. Luv CDPR!

Not planned I'm afraid :)

Hi Pawel!

Firstly I would like to say that the new video brought me just a lot of positive emotions! Starting from the date of releases ending with visual content. Secondly, I am very glad to see you in good health and with a smile on you face!

I have 2 questions:

1) When will we finally be able to see anything about the TB? Trailer or maybe screenshots?
2) Will we see the rest of the factions in the following videos? Will there be videos before the tournament?

1. Screenshots are almost ready :)
2. That's the plan :)

Hey.
after the introduction of restrictions (removed the leader's card, removed the series, removed the binding to the series, cut the cards, reduced the number of cards) the game will become very simple, are not afraid that the players will lose interest in it?

The game is more complex with Homecoming IMHO, look at the new mechanics plus cooldowns on activated abilities :)

Hello Burza,
Sorry for some negative feedback on the videos in advance.
Sincerely curious, do you have a card design group working separately from the art group?
It's really nice to have a fancy board.
Though some may feel weird putting cards on dirty ground. Not my opinion. What's done is done. Good enough for me.
My main concern is about the card's ability.
I bet a lot of people just pause the video to read the card's ability like me.
We couldn't resist even it seems still very ongoing comparing the fancy board.
Card game needs some complexity in my opinion. It feels good to get a great card value through combos and plans not just play cards for fixed value.
Some say you were just keeping those cards from us in the video.
One or two cards may seem to be engine cards. I just don't see many combo potential.
Will we see more of those cards?

What you currently see is early design, most of the abilities are not final :)

Hi Pawel!

1. Today's Kotaku article says that TB's cards "won't carry over to multiplayer" Gwent. But I thought that a few TB cards will indeed be in Gwent and you can find the premiums in TB. Is that right? Or have you changed this?

2. Will the TB cards be available in Gwent if you don't buy TB? Like, can you craft them even though you don't own TB?

3. Also, in yesterday's HC video we saw the mention of "Traps". Will "Traps" be different from "Ambushes"?

4. From what we've seen of TB, it has a cellshading, slightly cartoon-y graphics style, similar to our current Gwent. As you're changing Gwent's graphics style with HC, will you also change TB's look to be more realistic and darker?

5. One last thing: Gnurrgard said that you do 500kg deadlifts. Is that true? ;)

Much love! <3

1. You unlock 20 card fo multiplayer when you purchase TB :)
2. Most likely, yes
3. It's the same thing :)
4. Oh it's darker :)
5. Not true but I do 500km weekly on a bike, hope that works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom