GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there!
As you can probably judge by my nickname I'm a huge Cahir fan, ever since I've first read the books. He's definitly my favourite character and I was super excited when he appeared in Closed Beta NG expansion and even moreso when he became one of the core cards is some of the strongest NG decks.
My question is, have you finished his new design or is he still WIP and also will he still be versalite card or more situational card, being used in certain archetypes?
Also, outside the homecoming - what does one have to do to get this cool NG pin? I saw one girl wearing it on a jacket one day coming back from work and it was soo cool.

Best wishes, and keep doing the great work - as a Witcher fan I will support you no matter what!

This is a very abstract question, but if Thronebreaker is successful, could a Heroes of Might and Magic-like standalone game be a possibility with the same rules? We'd have a standalone for standalone for standalone game!

Not planned.

Hey Burza,

Is there a reason why Thronebreaker is not rated 16 + ? Since, the rating for gwent changed from 12 to 16 + back in may. Does this mean we wont hear swearing at all ? Also, are you guys still working on the writing and characterization ? Because imo, the characterization in the demo felt stiff, so what they said felt extremely unatural

It's rated T for Teen. Characterization stays.

Dear Mr. Burza,

Will there be another mode besides Story and Normal especially made with Veteran players in mind and if so, will it be available from the get go or do we have to unlock it by beating the game?

I thought everything that was shown about Thronebreaker yesterday was amazing and I can't wait to play the game myself, however there is one concern that I have after watching the footage:

In some of the gameplay videos, you could see that there was a choice between "Story" and "Normal" Difficulty, and even on "Normal" the gwent battles seemed very easy from a long time player's perspective.

For me personally, the only thing that could ruin thronebreaker would be if I could fall asleep while playing due to it being too easy. So I sincerly hope there is some kind of expert mode similar in difficulty to what the first two story events for multiplayer gwent had in store (The third one was WAY too easy). :)

We'll see about the difficulty :)

I noticed during the gameplay previews, some cards have silver borders. Are they coming back or thats just for TB?
Will the pre-order bundle be available at consoles at a later date? I dont see it on ps store. Also, will the bonuses (avatars, premium kegs, soundtrack etc.) Be available on GOG only or pre-order only?

Thanks

There was a slight delay with PS4 in Europe :) as for silvers, they are not returning.

1. From all the videos we have seen it seems like we select the cards in our hand and click on the position we want to drop it on, do we not have the option to drag and drop and it like we currently have?

2. I noticed that some visual effects like selecting board/card looks better in the Thronebreaker gameplay videos as compared to the Homecoming reveal videos. So are some of the visual effects like card placement and general movement still WIP for both Homecoming and Thronebreaker?

3. Is this how the Nilfgaard board looks in the multiplayer as well?

4. Is this an Artifact? View attachment 10978424 (screenshot taken from Thronebreaker video)

1. What yo see is not final yet
2. Both are still WIP, but TB is farther along
3. Yes
4. Yes it is :)

Hi devs!
I have a tiny question about Thronebreaker. It looks really awesome so far, but I don't see chinese language support on the GOG page. Since not every chinese uers live in China(we can't buy chinese edition in our country), could you add chinese text in gog version? Please;)

Thanks!

Dear Bruza,
1) As soon we buy TB, our Gwent account will get all the 20 cards introduced by TB?
2) Will we get all premium version of the cards? (I remember you saying 'premiums are found all over the world of TB. Does it mean we will get normal version as soon as buy TB, but they would be automatically upgraded when we play and explore the world of TB?) How does buying TB affect our Gwent account. Please explain.

The gameplay video of TB was mindblowing! Congratulations to your team. Have a good day!

Thanks RRC.

1. Yes
2. You have to find the premium versions in the game, you only get the normal ones when you buy TB.

Hello devs! Will additional skins for the board be added in the future?
I'm sure that many fans would like to see the tavern table skin.
This will make the game absolutely perfect.

Dear Burza,
1) I'm curious to the text of Adrenaline Rush specifically towards Artifacts. (Does it say Unit / Card?)
Can you give Resilience to an Artifact?

2) And although I'm not aware of any yet, can you give any other status effects to an Artifact, Doomed, Immune, 'Zeal', Recharge a Order Cooldown?

Thankyou in advance Biker B.
KBT

Hello Pawel and all devs from CDPR! :)

I have only one question this time - few months ago there were some information that your studio is working on 3 projects (from Witcher and Cyberpunk worlds). In the time we received this information we had no idea that Thronebreaker will be standalone game.

So does it mean that one project was Cyberpunk and the other two were Gwent Homecoming + Thronebreaker standalone game? Or is there one more unannounced secret project that we dont know anything about?

Thank you in advance for your answer! Love your teamwork and your projects - looking forward to play new Gwent and Thronebreaker! <3 Have a nice day, guys!
------------
EDIT:
One more question on my mind, can we expect some Homecoming stream this week? Thank you for answer.

Hello sir
Any chance we could get specific numbers for how many of each card rarity (common, rare, epic, legendary) there will be in Homecoming? You've said 36 gold and 32 bronze (I think) for each faction, but what's the rarity split for each?
Very much looking forward to October 23rd!

Hi Burza, you must be really busy recently, take care :cool:

My question is, as we know, open ptr is coming soon, will we have access to full cards, full factions (and new boards) in open ptr or will it still be limited contents?

Thank you, have a nice day!

Hello :)
I'm asking again because you missed my question first time ;)
Is Reynard Odo from Thronebreaker also a card in Homecoming? His ability to give additional charges to units is very cool and has a lot of combo potential.

Hello :)
I'm asking again because you missed my question first time ;)
Is Reynard Odo from Thronebreaker also a card in Homecoming? His ability to give additional charges to units is very cool and has a lot of combo potential.

Yes, he will be in Homecoming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom