GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pawel,

I just wanted to ask how exactly will the max level be increased? I'm currently on lvl 100 with 60+k "over"-XP, will these be transfered to the new system and i start instantly at lvl 105 or so?

thx Patman

The whole system changes, I hope to make a video on this soon.

Hi Pawel,
I didn't want to play the "birthday card", but having it so close to Homecoming release I just couldn't resist :D

One of my favourite card is Ciri: Dash. She has an amazing card art and a very interesting, unique ability. Unfortunately she is currently a high effort - low reward card, that puts her in the meme category. I would love to have her a new but similarly unique ability that's somewhat more competitive (but maybe not as much to make her mainstream:unsure:).

Long story short: I was wondering about what she will look like after Homecoming. Although I'm also happy with keeping her a surprise secret for release, as long you can design her along these guidelines. ;)

Keep up the good work(y), looking forward for today's stream.

Hello, Was wondering if there is any update to what console players will be getting at release or is the answer still just "kegs"?

How about adding a feature in the GOG Client to gauge the number of players Gwent at a given time? [Like how we know the number of in-game players in Steam]

Maybe extend it to other CDPR made games - but mostly Gwent.

Guest 4305932

Are abilities still work in progress? Some of them are pretty underwhelming (like Adda or Emissary)

Hello!

Will there be other min specs for HC launch?

RIght now alot of players have some issues. I can play Gwent on Medium-Premium ON...but in HC PTR i can play some games but i can t see my cards in the deck builder and i can't see the full menu. I can only see the cards when are in my hand but can't mulligan either but everything else is fine. I can see the board i can play the match etc.

Thanks and please downgrade it for full release. ^_^

Demavend's taunts sound like Radovid. Is this a mistake or are these placeholder lines?
Post automatically merged:

Is Radovid going to replace Adda when he comes back?
Post automatically merged:

Isn't Anna Henrietta supposed to come in as a Nilfgaard leader at some point? How will this happen if there are already 4 NG leaders?

Last edited:
Hi guys. Loving the Homecoming open PTR so far.
My question is ; Could something like this be implemented in the future ? Maybe with more options (Alchemy, Tactic etc).

Photoshop_2018-10-06_20-23-58.jpg

Hey everyone at CDPR and good morning Mr. Burza!

After noticing in the PTR, how much of an impact provision has on deckbuilding, I was wondering, how the Arena Mode is going to look in post-Homecoming Gwent.
  • Will there be a fixed amount of provisions? What will happen, if your draft oversteps the provision-limit?
  • Will the 4 offered cards all have a similar provision cost or are they going to be presented by Legendary/Epic/Rare/common?
  • Is there a risk of two players with vastly differently provisioned decks facing each other in Arena?
Speaking of Arena:
  • Will the visuals of the Arena be changed? (I'm talking about the UI, not the Arena Board)
  • Is a gamble with Gaunter still the Arena-thematic?
  • Is there a timeline for the release of an Arena-specific board? Mr. Burza, I believe you previously mentioned, that for now there will be boards tied to leaders.
  • Could you perhaps tell us something about the upcoming Arena board? Is the new setting Gaunter' World or something similarly exciting?
  • Are we still going to be drafting 26 cards? Without the old Nova effect, nothing should hinder a 25 card limit as in constructed.
Thank you for taking the time to satisfy our curiosity :)

I watched the video today and one thing caught my eye, Filavandrel's leader ability.
I know it's still PTR and things might change, however his ability is exactly like the Foltest open beta ability, which had a major flaw, that you always had to play it first, every time.

I'm assuming the dev team is aware of this, so what exactly changed that made you use this particular ability for homecoming?
We know why the ability was bad then, but why is it good now?

Do you plan on adding more Aedirnian cards to NR now that Demavend is a leader? There are many Temerian cards for Foltest, Kaedweni cards for Henselt, cursed cards for Adda, but very few Aedirnian cards (only mauler, cursed knight, seltkirk, & stennis).

Why is create still a thing in Homecoming, when you said you would remove it and why did you remove almost all old abilities and added new generic ones, like boost/damage if on melee/ranged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom