GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza, thanks for the live ptr.

-> Will archtypes get more cards for it?
-> Will Frost Wild Hunt return? (It was my favorite deck)
-> Armor is gone. Will it make a comeback? It helped giving HP to cards without counting towards the total score it was neat.
-> What about a spy archtypes? Any plans? (Theres too few to build a consistent deck)
-> Will NG reveal stay as it is?
-> Will create be completely removed from ranked play?
-> Are the leaders set in stone or still work in progress?
-> Are you guys considering any major change due to feedback? If so what is it?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'm curious, would it be a hard thing to implement that if you have no card with available order ability (or leader) the turn ends automatically without clicking the button?

I feel like it would improve the smoothnes of the game.
Have you considered it at all so far?

Also, at first I wasn't really impressed, but as the time passes this new Gwent really starts growing on me, good job guys!

Hey, Oct 5th was my birthday, and I got a great present! So I won't ask for any more leeks. But I do still have a question: on the PTR feedback surveys for each card, can you be more specific about what you're asking me to rate? Is it:
  1. Rate how likely I am to play a card because it is powerful relative to its cost
  2. Rate how likely I am to play a card because it is fun or interesting
Those two ratings are wildly different for some cards. For example, Daerlan Foot Soldiers is 5/5 powerful and 1/5 interesting. Letho of Gulet is 5/5 interesting and 1/5 powerful.

Thanks! I'm enjoying the new changes.

Hey, Oct 5th was my birthday, and I got a great present! So I won't ask for any more leeks. But I do still have a question: on the PTR feedback surveys for each card, can you be more specific about what you're asking me to rate? Is it:
  1. Rate how likely I am to play a card because it is powerful relative to its cost
  2. Rate how likely I am to play a card because it is fun or interesting
Those two ratings are wildly different for some cards. For example, Daerlan Foot Soldiers is 5/5 powerful and 1/5 interesting. Letho of Gulet is 5/5 interesting and 1/5 powerful.

Thanks! I'm enjoying the new changes.

Would you put it in your deck, is it useful or is it meh.

Hello Burza, thanks for the live ptr.

-> Will archtypes get more cards for it?
-> Will Frost Wild Hunt return? (It was my favorite deck)
-> Armor is gone. Will it make a comeback? It helped giving HP to cards without counting towards the total score it was neat.
-> What about a spy archtypes? Any plans? (Theres too few to build a consistent deck)
-> Will NG reveal stay as it is?
-> Will create be completely removed from ranked play?
-> Are the leaders set in stone or still work in progress?
-> Are you guys considering any major change due to feedback? If so what is it?

Thanks in advance.

- Not with HC
- Nope
- Maybe in the future, we'll see
- Not planned
- Yes
- No
- WIP
- Not major, but balance tweaks for sure

Hey, I'm curious, would it be a hard thing to implement that if you have no card with available order ability (or leader) the turn ends automatically without clicking the button?

I feel like it would improve the smoothnes of the game.
Have you considered it at all so far?

Also, at first I wasn't really impressed, but as the time passes this new Gwent really starts growing on me, good job guys!

Thinking about it for sure :)

The "old" Gwent had a 4-cards limit on gold cards. Almost half of the decks in Homecoming will be of gold cards. Are the craftingcost still going to be 800 scraps for gold cards?

> Why does the game have such bad optimization? My video card is screaming. This is the first collectible card game so loading it.
> Why are there so few settings in the game? I hate to look at the filter over the battlefield. It really blurs the picture + the game is very dark. Will you change something in the visual?
> Why did you change all the card animations? In the original game, you made all the animations fast, and in HC all the animations became slow again.

Hey there.

With HC at out doorstep, got a few questions.

1st - currently on PTR, immunity given by Eredin persists after Renew. Is it supposed to do so, or is it a bug?
2nd - Factions appear to have certain unique mechanics. ST gets ambushes, SK gets discard and bloodthirs, NG gets reveal and deck manipulation etc. Are those planned as exclusive mechanics? Or can we expect to see stuff like Roche placing some ambushes for NR?
3rd - Extreme RNG cards, such as spotters, are they a new staple? Should we expect alot more RNG in gwent?
4th - With alot more gold cards neccecery to actually build a deck, old barrel system probably wont work too well. Is there any rules towards them planned? If so, can you share any?)
5th - Ive played WH control since CBT, so ive got to ask - is it ever going to be thing again? Or is going to be deathwish/consume all the way?

Hey Burza,

I have two questions:

- Will Queen Meve ever be added to the multiplayer ? I think it's a shame that the main character of Thronebreaker and one of Northern Realms Leader to not be present in multiplayer.

- Is it planned to give "Tactical advantage" a premium version ? Like through Achievements or Rank rewards, I guess?

Thanks for your time :)

Hi Burza and team :)

I love Homecoming and am really impressed with your efforts! Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't run the PTR on my laptop (cards are invisible in mulligan screen and in deck builder). I think the reason is my built-in graphics (intel HD 3000). Regular Gwent works fine on my laptop with medium settings and I have more than 700 hours on record.

Is there a possibility to optimize the game a little bit more to be functional on machines like mine? I know other people are having the same problem. Thanks again for the great work.

Hello Burza,

I know you guys are super busy at the moment, but I was wondering if there is gonna be a summary of what was milled (i.e. total cards) for each of us during the auto-mill phase.

Hi Pawel! First of all, thank you and the rest of CDPR for the opportunity of playing the HC PTR. I really liked it! I just have one little question concerning card removal animations/effects you might be able to answer. It always seems to be the scorch animation while in pre HC gwent there were different animations like maggots "eating" the cards (epidemic) or the blood effects (consume etc.). Is the current animation is just a placeholder thing and will different effects return?

Hi Burza, loved the ptr can't wait to play more of the new Gwent after release!

> As a monsters main since forever I'm a bit sad that there are no resilient units for monsters in HC. Given that this used to be THE faction identity ever since W3, are there any plans to change this? Maybe this could be added to Woodland Spirit since his ability is underwhelming atm.

> Any plans on implementing diferent provisions for leaders besides/instead of mulligans? Currently it feels awful to play the 1-2 mulligan leaders, and Usurper makes your sacrifice even more painful.

> Are some of the very similar abilities between faction locked and neutral units placeholder or is that intended? For example Dao and Striga both do the same exact thing, and so do Wolf Pack and Wyvern (Wyvern can shoot cow carcases I guess).

Thank you for reading this, wish you good luck in the following two weeks!

Hey Burza just wanted to ask about some abbilities from the PTR which were described differently than they worked.

For example: Henselts description says "pull A copy from your deck", but in fact he pulls ALL copies.
Also Slave drivers description said: "Damage an enemy by 2. If an enemy unit is locked, damage it by 1 instead." But realisticly the damage increases for every locked unit.

I just wanted to know are these descriptions wrong and the cards work as intended or the other way around so that the cards are bugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom