GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you change order abilities with multiple charges so that you lose "focus" after 1 order. For example when i use foltest to give zeal to ballista i need to right-click to deselect Foltest and then click on the ballista and it's feel clunky.

That works better now :)

Hi again,

Hope you have a nice Monday morning, when you read this. :)
Let me try to ask my question from last week again, as it seems first time it was a confusing mess. :)

What do you think of the random aspect of the new Reveal mechanic?

A significant part of the community doesn't seem to like it and think that it doesn't really fit of what was communicated about randomness in Homecoming announcement.
I think it would help a great deal if you could share your and card design team's perspective on this as it seems that either your vision about randomness or the Reveal mechanic itself is misunderstood. Most people understand that some kind of randomness is good for the game, question really is whether you think Reveal is such a "good kind of randomness" and if yes why?

Wish you and the team all the best!

Once again I feel it's totally fine and I don't see a large community outcry regarding the new reveal mechanic.

Hi Pawel.

I can imagine you guys really worked/working hard on HC and you guys definitely deserve a break. With that in mind I have one question. With the full release of HC (including consoles) can we expect regular updates to the game like in the old days of Gwent?

Dear Burza,
I saw your first ever narration and it was awesome to see 37 mins of gameplay and especially the last conversation about 'Bounds Of Reason's! I have some valid questions and concerns, please try to reply:

1) In which difficulty you played the game?
2) All the battles seemed very easy with the kind of cards you had and Mulligan's you had. How does the difficulty setting affect the battles? Experience we get? Loot we get? Improved AI in battles? Less Mulligan's/provision in battle?
3) Will there be any choice that will be equally good or equally bad? The choices we saw in the videos were all very easy. Give gold for the villagers, Help the Knight, Take Skellige help.. all were kind of obvious choices we will take. I am asking about choices like Ally with X or Ally with Y and each will have its own permenant impact in future battles. Things like that.

Thanks in advance for your reply Bruza.

Have a great day!!

1. I was playing the old build journalists played on so it only had the two difficulties, I was on story mode.
2. Improved AI and tweaked power of cards
3. Oh yes, I just didn't want to spoil anything :)

hi there! i have some more questions !
1) i saw pictures with blood on screen taken in game and pictures of the same scene without blood. is the game gone trough some censorship process?
2) will there be any dlc, paid or free for thronebraker?

3) regarding converstaion between cards (characters) i saw on your earlier comment here that this feature will not be present at homecoming launch. but will it be added eventaully or the team decided to scrap the idea?
4) when will we be able to get our hands on the shupe doll?

5) i know you have alredy answerd this, but gwent is still rate pegi 12 and t esrb as well as thronebreaker. is this truly final rating?

1) Not that I know of
2) Nope
3) Not planned for now
4) Merch will come, just need a bit more time

Hi Burza!

I know everybody at CDPR are focusing now to the HC and TR launch. I am so hyped too!
I am one of admin from Hungarian Gwent site, and I am a curious man. Can you tell us, what will be the next big update after HC? :)
Maybe a new faction, or vampires?
Good luck for your work and greetings from Budapest! :)

To soon to say, our main focus right now is on HC and TB :)

Hi Burza !

HC is gonna be amazing, thank you and the team for the hard work !

I'll just have two little questions for you:
- Can we expect avatar + border to make it into the battlefield someday, even without emotes ? It's been our only cosmetics since the beginning and it'd feel nice to be able to show them again for more than a second.
- Can we expect something spooky for Halloween ? Or for later this year ? :)

Thank you and good day !

Both are a no for now :(

Dear Burza,

HC artworks are fantastic but Gwent should be a card game first, so I think maybe the UI should make important information (especially the status) more clear:

1) will the current lock status effect be back when HC is online?
The lock and chains looks cool and iconic. The lock icon in PTR is too small.

2) will immune status get more conspicuous?
For example, you may use the Quen shield effect to indicated “this one is untouchable”.

3) will the power numbers on the right be larger?

4) will the end turn button be remade?
The face on that coin is meaningless. It's also too small and hard to distinguish who is playing.

5) will units with raw abilities get special icons for quick reference?

We're not planning major changes to UI, sorry!

Hi burza, some questions about console:
1- our cards will be milled 24 october or 4 december?
2- will there be keg events for console players before HC console release?
3- is the thronebraker release date correct in PS4 store? It says 2019.

Have a good day, Burza. I'm russian gwent player. Not long time ago you did a stream with russian gwent streamers and asked a question: "What we would like to change in interaction between CDPR and russian community?" I am carefully following the game and trying to be up to the latest news about Homecoming and every ongoing event. But information on russian forums or official groups in russian social media appears rarely. So if a russian player wants to be aware of current events and news about their favorite game, they need to come to english forums. And people who don't know english well enough have to watch our streamers stiG and satshime, who are translating your forum messages on their streams (and a big thanks to them for this). I don't really want an answer, but i hope that you will have a look at this situation and will hear us. I really enjoy gwent and everything you do for its development. Thanks for your time.

You said once you can play thronebreaker from gwent, and talked about how you can buy tb in gwent on the stream. If you brought it from GOG seperatly, can you choose to run it in gwent too as well as seperatly or would you have to buy it again to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom