GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day

I was wondering are the design of cards like Viper Witchers, Traheaern Var Vdyffir, and to a lesser degree Kambi and Xavier Lemmens set in stone? These cards are highly disruptive (game losing to combo decks) and there is no risk in playing them. It feels really bad that these cards can instantly lose you the game without you being able to counter/interact with them?

Hi, Mr. Burza. Tell me, will the New Year's battlefield appear before the Christmas or New Year's Eve? And when will the rating tree of awards be opened? Thank you, you are the best) ;)

Will all the cards and characters, which were introduced until beta end, ever come back to the new gwent with changed attributes/effects?
One thing I liked about gwent standalone a lot was because of all (nearly all) the characters from the whole Witcher Saga, games and books, were shown and used as cards and I really liked the artworks of all the cards.
But now with Homecoming a lot of cards and so a lot of characters just vanished and there are so few left, that is kind of sad. So will they ever come back as new homecoming cards?

Last edited:
I absolutely loved Thronebreaker, simply amazing. One thing about it almost bothered me though, and very much confused me. Why are the Nilfgaardians colloquially refered to as "black-clads" instead of simply "the black ones" like they were in TW2 & TW3? I noticed that they were never called "black ones" like before and were instead called "black-clads". Not a big deal, but I was wondering did you guys did this on purpose because "black ones" sounds racist or something? lol
Post automatically merged:

Don't have a date yet, but he will be back :)
Will he be a part of the new faction or will he be a NR leader again?

Dear Devs and Burza!

Can I ask you, when come the next Round of Gwent and Beyond the Frame? (In this month?) I know you have many works yet, but this shows was great and miss me now. I think we need this videos, and I hope Ash will be invited again! ;)

Dear Devs and Burza!

Can I ask you, when come the next Round of Gwent and Beyond the Frame? (In this month?) I know you have many works yet, but this shows was great and miss me now. I think we need this videos, and I hope Ash will be invited again! ;)

We'll try in December, if not early next year :)

Can you see detailed history of what happened in the previous rounds? I can only see what cards were played. It's not enough. Some of the mechanics works automatically or even when someone play the card I want to know what actually happened. If there is no such option would you be able to add it? It could be the switch to 'advance' history where you can check which card hit which cards and other useful details.

Hello Burza, Im sorry to repeat my question, but this is due to miscommunication on the English forum concerning Mahakam season.

I have been at polish CDPR forum where, thanks to google translate, I managed to find some information that is more informative than what Vattier provided us with. According to community manager Alicja;

1) The reward tree wont be available prior console release.
2) The reward tree reset monthly. This means that Mahakam tree wont unlock this season, (It disappears at the begining of December)
3) The season tree wont reset in general. If during a given season you have used rewards points to partially/fully unlock a tree, the tree will remain unlocked 12 months thereafter, at the begining of new season. I.e no new rewards at the begining of the same season next year.

Can this be confirmed ?

Last edited:
Can you see detailed history of what happened in the previous rounds? I can only see what cards were played. It's not enough. Some of the mechanics works automatically or even when someone play the card I want to know what actually happened. If there is no such option would you be able to add it? It could be the switch to 'advance' history where you can check which card hit which cards and other useful details.

No, this is sth that we want to improve in the future.

Hello Burza, Im sorry to repeat my question, but this is due to miscommunication on the English forum concerning Mahakam season.

I have been at polish CDPR forum where, thanks to google translate, I managed to find some information that is more informative than what Vattier provided us with. According to community manager Alicja;

1) The reward tree wont be available prior console release.
2) The reward tree reset monthly. This means that Mahakam tree wont unlock this season, (It disappears at the begining of December)
3) The season tree wont reset in general. If during a given season you have used rewards points to partially/fully unlock a tree, the tree will remain unlocked 12 months thereafter, at the begining of new season. I.e no new rewards at the begining of the same season next year.

Can this be confirmed ?

Yes, this is true :)

Hello! I know it shouldn't be a priority, but are you guys going to change Harold's shield for a flag in the 3D model next patch? The shield is not lore correct.

Thanks for the answer as always!

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if we can expect the December update to come in on the 4th along with the console release or will it be later in the month?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hello! I know it shouldn't be a priority, but are you guys going to change Harold's shield for a flag in the 3D model next patch? The shield is not lore correct.

Thanks for the answer as always!

Not planned for next patch.

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if we can expect the December update to come in on the 4th along with the console release or will it be later in the month?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Yes, the plan is to have it with console launch :)

Hi, just wanted to ask, why were so many cards (i.e. Shani) removed from the game, and is there any chance they will come back?

Hi, just wanted to ask, why were so many cards (i.e. Shani) removed from the game, and is there any chance they will come back?

Cards that were removed from the game will be coming back in future patches along with completely new cards :)

Hi, Mr. Burza. Tell me, will the New Year's battlefield appear before the Christmas or New Year's Eve? And when will the rating tree of awards be opened? Thank you, you are the best);););)
P.S. I'm sorry for repeat my message.

Are more dryads coming to the Scoia'tael? Right now there are just 2 dryads in the game, Morenn and Aglais, and compared to Braenns zeal effect to have at least 2 dryads on the battleflied makes no sense, when one dryad got killed right away.

And a minor request, can you please rename Harald Houndsnouts buddys back to their original names Wilfred, Wilhelm and Wilmar from TW3? Why did they lost their names at all?

One thing I kind of don't like about Homecoming is, that a lot of characters and cards lost their "identity". For example, Korathi Heatwave once applied desert hazard to the enemy rows which makes absolute sense cause the card is called "Korathi Heatwave" and represents the Korath Desert, but now the card just bans an enemy unit or artefact, so no reference to the desert at all.
Same for the White Frost. Or that foglets do not even care about fog at all... Hazards in generell lost all their usefulness (except Ragh nar rook) because there is no synergy with any unit anymore and therefore they are no longer used in regular battles to save provision costs for better cards. And with that Clear Skies is now one of the most unnecessary cards in the game and is never being used.

For me, Gwent should still stick to the lore and therefore last but not least:
Why don't you like Geralt anymore? :p
I mean, right now he is the weakest witcher with 2-4 strength points while every other witcher got 4 strength points at least (even the annoying trio...) or already starts with 6 and gets +1 every round like Eskel*.
Yes, Geralts cards does have some nice abilities but for me Geralt was, is and will alwasy be the strongest and skilled witcher, The Witcher(!), of all left witchers and he is the reason we all play Gwent at all. That's why I suggest that his strength and ability should represent that and with that honor him, instead of making him the (strength) weakest witcher of them all.;)

--
*swap him with Geralt, because it was Geralt who got stronger and stronger throughout the books and games with every fight he fought and not Eskel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom