GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Burza,
1) Will +1 Mulligan Charges on Blue Coin a thing after December Update?
2) Does all the leader you listed as getting Mulligan Charges changed get their ability changed?
3) Did you miss out mentioning Crach accidentally?
4) When will we get full patch release notes? On the day of release or you will leek before that?

Thanks in advance!

1) Will Farseer be affected by the December balance patch, it's certainly one of the oddity of Homecoming, and if not would you consider giving her its beta ability back, which would work very well with several Homecoming archetypes.

2) What's the current point of view of the design team concerning the use of orders before playing cards from hand, and how it makes control such an oppressive type of play.

Hi Burza!

My question is why the reset ranking system be based on your current rank on season end and not in your peak rank? Like if you get to rank 4 and loose some matches and finishing on rank 5 on the season end you will drop to rank 10 even achieving rank 4 as peak rank. This makes me don`t want to play ranked fearing to loose my rank on the season end.

Hello Burza and Devs! Hope you all are well!

Any chance that the pick three cards in a keg can show unit cost when right-clicking on them? They currently don't, and it's possible that might e deciding factor for someone?

Small thing I noticed tonight; keep up the great work with Gwent, I'm loving it!

The voice-acting in Thronebreaker, as in TW3, is fantastic. However, unlike TW2 & TW3, I can't find a list of the voice actors on IMDB or any other website. Do you guys have a list of the voice actors or plan on releasing such a list? I'm particularly interested in discovering who the actor for Demawend is in the English version. Thank you for reading. :)

Heya, several questions here:

1.Will the rest of Thronebreaker card artworks, like Meve and her artworks (different weapon versions) get to be in Gwent?

2.Will the concept of "same card, different ability in different game modes" be introduced? (for example, just an example, three tow mode with tweaks of card reach)

3.How will the future card expansion be introduced? Will there be smaller batches from time to time, or are there gonna be large batches but only introduced once in a long while?

Heya, several questions here:

1.Will the rest of Thronebreaker card artworks, like Meve and her artworks (different weapon versions) get to be in Gwent?

2.Will the concept of "same card, different ability in different game modes" be introduced? (for example, just an example, three tow mode with tweaks of card reach)

3.How will the future card expansion be introduced? Will there be smaller batches from time to time, or are there gonna be large batches but only introduced once in a long while?

1. Maybe in the future
2. Too soon to say
3. Still working on this, ideally a mix of both.

Dear Burza,
1) Will +1 Mulligan Charges on Blue Coin a thing after December Update?
2) Does all the leader you listed as getting Mulligan Charges changed get their ability changed?
3) Did you miss out mentioning Crach accidentally?
4) When will we get full patch release notes? On the day of release or you will leek before that?

Thanks in advance!

1) No changes here
2) That's the list
3) No
4) Hopefully a day before launch

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
1) Will Farseer be affected by the December balance patch, it's certainly one of the oddity of Homecoming, and if not would you consider giving her its beta ability back, which would work very well with several Homecoming archetypes.

2) What's the current point of view of the design team concerning the use of orders before playing cards from hand, and how it makes control such an oppressive type of play.

1) Nope
2) We're looking into it

Hi Burza!

My question is why the reset ranking system be based on your current rank on season end and not in your peak rank? Like if you get to rank 4 and loose some matches and finishing on rank 5 on the season end you will drop to rank 10 even achieving rank 4 as peak rank. This makes me don`t want to play ranked fearing to loose my rank on the season end.

We always take end season rank into consideration, peak wouldn't make much sense.

Hello Burza and Devs! Hope you all are well!

Any chance that the pick three cards in a keg can show unit cost when right-clicking on them? They currently don't, and it's possible that might e deciding factor for someone?

Small thing I noticed tonight; keep up the great work with Gwent, I'm loving it!

Interesting idea, we'll think about it :)

The voice-acting in Thronebreaker, as in TW3, is fantastic. However, unlike TW2 & TW3, I can't find a list of the voice actors on IMDB or any other website. Do you guys have a list of the voice actors or plan on releasing such a list? I'm particularly interested in discovering who the actor for Demawend is in the English version. Thank you for reading. :)

We don't plan on having a list of voice actors for TB.

Hello everyone,

have you ever considered bringing some veteran TCG or competitive game designer to the team or as external consultant? (Similar to what Valve did.)

Is there something in Homecoming, what turned out very differently than expected before release? For example order mechanics seem to have far reaching consequences like game flow, insane combos etc. Or maybe Artifacts, or lower card numbers or something like that?

Speaking about orders, what was behind decision to make orders unlimited (I mean issuing unlimited number of orders per turn)? Aren't you afraid, that it can get way out of hand when you bring more and more order cards in the future?

One of the things I love about HC is the new graphics, especially card design. But there is one thing I also don't like and that's that leaders and cards merge with background. Do you plan to make cards on the board and/or leaders stand out more?

If you (or Gwent team) could choose one thing that they could bring to Gwent instantly and without worrying about any resources, what that feature or "thing" would be?

What is your target audience for Gwent going forward? Is it more about casual or competitive players? Lets say you would need to do design decision that cant please both, what side would you prefer?
Based on observation of recent (and not so recent now :) ) updates, it seemed you wanted to go a bit casual, but maybe its something you would like to change?

Thank you
and I apologize for so many questions, I hope you guys find time for at least some of them!

We always take end season rank into consideration, peak wouldn't make much sense.
Yeah but what about season rewards? They used to be based on the highest rank reached during a season and not on the current rank at the end of the season itself. The new system does incetivize camping on some ranks and leads people not to play at all (a part from grinder ones). The way you used to give players end-of-the-season rewards before homecoming was (imho) way better and used to incetivize people to play more without the feeling of grinding that new ladder gives to them right now.
Hopefully you'll take into consideration to revert this grinding system to what it used to be (more player-friendly, imo).
Thank you for reading and sempre forza vale.

Hello Burza:)

As a console player i have to ask: will there be any keg event, like premium keg weekend or anything comparable until the switch to HC on the 4th of December? Or can i open my kegs that i currently have safely now, without regretting it because i missed an upcoming event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom