GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

The Season Tree in the Rewards Book is supposed to be unlocked next year and the Wild Hunt Season ends January 3rd. Will we get access to WH Season Tree this time?

Are the seasons going to be repeated each year?

If I don't unlock all rewards in the Season Tree during one season, will the unlocked nodes be "saved" and carried over to this tree during next years edition of this season?

I hope we are going to get a roadmap soon :) The question is when. Maybe as a Christmas gift? ^^

Thanks!

I have another question. How do the Gwent level trophies work on PS4? Shouldn't they be retroactive?

I'm at level 40 but haven't unlocked the one for level 15.

Can I play Gwent safely on Xbox in the meantime that the account migration from Windows 10 to GoG is in progress? Will it transfer over whatever I do with resources on xbox during the transfer process?

I am playing again gwent. But i found that casual isn't played at all... Will you give more "money" or something else or whatever to attract people again on this feature or should i give up and go on rank game?

Any plans to support the console players? The game freezes very often especially in deck builder and the cards are not premium which sucks since I personally put a lot of time and money to get a premium collection...

How can Red Dead Redemption 2 run smoothly while a card game makes it feel like the Xbox is about to explode?

Hi, thank you for the game and for allowing us to ask questions. I play on my ps4 and have a 40-inch TV but the font size is unreadable, even from a couple of feet away. I love the game and even pre-ordered Thronebreaker but it gets very difficult for me to play for more than 20 minutes because I have to squint my eyes everytime.

Question: Will you ever address the font size issue on consoles?

Thanks!

When is GWENT releasing on steam? Not going to waste anymore hours on GOG just want a steam version. And there's no better time to release it than now because there are many people disappointed with artifact and they're all are potential players.

Hello! Hope you are having a nice day and if it's still gonna be you answering this, Burza, then I hope you had a nice vacation! :)
I have some more Gwenty questions for you
  1. Why were various visual/audio changes for the December patch undocumented in the patch notes? While many people did appreciate all these changes, I'm sure we'd also like to know that they happened instead of stumbling upon them
  2. Will cards from future expansions have increased crafting cost like Thronebreaker set ones or will they have the standard crafting costs?
  3. Recently in an interview you mentioned a potential new game mode being in the works.... any leeks?
  4. Will we continue to get quality of life/game quality updates throughout future patches?
  5. I know that now since Gwent has "released" you have said that there probably won't be any very major changes, but will the design team still consider different balancing ideas or reworking certain cards/card archetypes/sets?
  6. Non-game related question: How far ahead do you plan the locations for Challengers/Gwent Masters tournaments?
  7. Another one for tournaments: Do you have any plans to sponsor more community tournaments?
Thank you for your answers and I hope the team is doing well, Gwent has the most potential ever in a card game still and I can't wait to experience its continuing growth :D

Are there any plans to have devs/CM streams maybe at least once or twice a month if not more in the near future.?

I already miss patch streams where devs explained some of the nerfs\buffs and the idea behind those. Any plans we will see them in the future.?

I've seen this on another game i play (not a card game) and it work pretty well for them.

Can someone tell us if animations on the cards will work correctly on consoles during the game? Right now you don't see the card animations until you hover over the card.

why do you hate BrovMove so much that you had to nerf them 2 times in a row?

I'd like the same thing as the person above me posted. The devs reasoning for any and all card changes when you lock in patch notes.

Any chance Xavier Lemmens will change to following: Deploy ranged, banish all units from your graveyard.
Xavier had pretty nice synergies with Ciri-Nova, a card that was mostly playable only with Xavier. And banishing your own graveyard was not of any issue, why the change?

Any chance for official player numbers? I'm really be interested in how many players there are now vs. 6 months ago vs. pre Midwinter and sadly there is nothing like steamcharts for gog...

Can i add to friend a person who played from Psn account, if i using Gog
Gog and Psn servers are connected?

Hey Burza :)

1)Are you happy right now about the situation of gwent?
2)Do you think Gwent is better right now than 2 years ago close beta gwent?(i am talking about mechanics not visuals)
3)If i be honest gwent was better on the closebeta.Do you feel that you are forced to bring new cards and this made you to change game mechanics?
4)Gwent is just losing community right now it isnt growing.Do you see that also?People are leaving the game.

Best regards...

What's the advantage of paying 1600 scraps instead of 800 to craft cards since I can use meteorite powder on de cards that cost 800 to make them animated?

It's up to each player to decide how to use available resources. If you already have a standard version of the card, but you want to have a premium, you can use Meteorite Powder to upgrade it. If you don't have any copy of the card, you can decide to keep the Meteorite Powder and spend more scraps instead.

Why such a huge change from beta? I mean the points rewards are very measly to begin with, why not motivate players to actually play by having kegs, borders etc as rewards?

System of rewards based on reward points allows players to choose what they want to be rewarded with. Each season will have a reward tree where each player can spend the points on rewards they want to get.

Are the seasons going to be repeated each year?
Yes, seasons and their reward trees will cycle.

If I don't unlock all rewards in the Season Tree during one season, will the unlocked nodes be "saved" and carried over to this tree during next years edition of this season?
Yes, the progress of the reward tree will be saved and you will be able to continue unlocking your tree in next years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom