GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I play Gwent safely on Xbox in the meantime that the account migration from Windows 10 to GoG is in progress? Will it transfer over whatever I do with resources on xbox during the transfer process?

No, in order to be eligible for migration, account couldn't have been used to play on Xbox.

When is GWENT releasing on steam? Not going to waste anymore hours on GOG just want a steam version. And there's no better time to release it than now because there are many people disappointed with artifact and they're all are potential players.

At the moment we're not planning to release GWENT on Steam.

Hey Burza, there's something wrong with rank's progression.

Next month I'll start at rank 5 and I'll "try" get on "PRO".

If I arrive I will be well behind those who are already "PRO" and in the end we will never be in the top 500.

Does not that sound wrong to you?

Either all players return to rank "5" or "PRO" has to be separated or they need to create something better for the rank's, because that way you are segregating the players.

We really need a response from the team!

We will be monitoring how the current system works. We don't want the top 500 to be elusive to players.

Is it intended that Isbel of Hagge allows for two unsymmetrical draws in the third round after the opponent has passed, thus not only giving you two more cards but also more turns to abuse rot tosser and other order cards?

Last edited:
Will you ever make new faction leaders from golden cards (like you did with Leshen)? I just can't imagine a better leader for Scoia than Saskia or Whispering Hillock (Black Mara) for monsters and yet they are just golden cards.

Is there any way or system to get a little ore or anything when you get crashes in arena? It's weirdly unlikely but I've had the game crash only once in my last 50 matches or so and it was loading into one of few arena matches. I'd been feeling good about this deck too but now it's got a hill to climb.

I checked the website for the UWP to GOG transfer again today and noticed a small but very crucial difference: "Only users who played the Windows Store version of GWENT and did not use the same Microsoft account to play GWENT on Xbox One" would be able to move their progress over.

I'm sure this phrase wasn't up there the day the patch went live. Does that mean I can no longer request a transfer, since I played a lot on both Xbox and UWP before Dec 4th? I mean that's the point of Play Anywhere, to play wherever I want with the same account, right? Deleting the UWP version is one thing, but barring people playing on both to transfer to GOG is rather infuriating to me.

Edit: To be clear, I've also played the Xbox version after Dec 4th. I mean how can I resist checking out new Gwent after waiting so long.

Game is completely unplayable on console, game is getting stuck not letting us play cards while opponents play just fine, game is laggy and not optimized because we can’t even finish game without crashes or getting stuck mid game while our timer runs out unable to play card, also the cards are not actual premium when we play, only if we hover over which is very distracting do doesn’t look good.

Will somebody please address this issues for console players, I’m afraid the game is totally unplayable for us, I know we’re a small part of playerbase but we matter too.

It’s really unacceptable that games like Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War, The Witcher 3 run completely smoothly on our consoles yet this card game make it feel like Xbox is about to explode, definitely need some optimization work done, thanks and have a good day :)

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Burza,
as very dissapointed player, Iam still waiting for some statement from CDPR, moreless from you about Homecoming.
Im still waiting for some statistics, some numbers, your opinion and your feeling about post-HC developement of this game. Its almost 2 months since release of HC and there is almost none feedback from CDPR or from you about how it is going at the moment with your team and Gwent respectively.

will there be any? I guess a large number of players still waiting for some statement and maybe apologies, whatever. I myself still hope for HC to be "just a phase" so, please - will you or CDPR make any statement about post-HC release?

Dear Papa Burza.
I'd like to know a few things hopefully you can answer me:

- are we getting the current seasonal reward tree (wild hunt)? if yes then when approximately?
- from what i know the roadmap is planned to be released during the current month, can you confirm that?
- artifacts are in a weird spot right now, very few people play them since they're too expensive in provisions and artifact removal is not equally risky to tech, is the team aware of this issue and thinking about possible solutions?
- if i have card suggestions to whom or where should i write them?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

Will you ever make new faction leaders from golden cards (like you did with Leshen)? I just can't imagine a better leader for Scoia than Saskia or Whispering Hillock (Black Mara) for monsters and yet they are just golden cards.

Not planned at the moment :)

Good day, hope you're having a nice day a few questions.

Where do I send issues for TB? Currently my games crash after 1 out of 5 battles. Right after I finish the fight it crashes and I have to start all over.

Any word on that roadmap? Maybe next week?

Are you planning on a patch fix on the lag for both TB and gwent? Its always constant.

Thank you and have a good day

Last edited:
Dear Burza,

I'm one of the many UWP players who are now stuck on xbox and can't transfer my account to GOG. I have a suggestion to resolve this issue: re-enable UWP version pretty please :'(. I know you don't have a say in this but please pass it on to the team. I personally am willing to wait a month or two even, if it means I can play on my laptop with the same account again. I love Gwent, but because my college life forces me to leave my apartment and xbox for long periods of time, I can barely play it anymore.

Hopefully I'm not coming off as overly negative. Anyway, I wish you and the team a merry Christmas (but please come back to fix the game soon)!

So I wish to know why when you go first not only do you get an additional redraw for mulligan but also the plus five boost? Seems like a lot for being able to go first.
Second I had someone play a deploy card with duel but my creature had 8 power and his only 6. Why did his survive but mine didnt?
And lastly are there going to be balancing for cards and leaders regularly? Currently I'm starting to notice what's strong and what's weak and it's kind of bad in my opinion but that's jus what I've seen. I only have so many hours and matches in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom