GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza, i'm posting my question again because i have never got an answer XD so let's try again.
Why did you decide to change the old ladder system with the one we have now with homecoming? The current ladder system incentivizes camping because there are no thresholds and this is very bad since camping people mean less playing people. Before HC, every rank was a kind of threshold so people did not even think about camping and just kept playing.
So, here is my question: will you ever tweak current ladder system in order to make it a bit less grindy or, at least, will you ever take into consideration to add thresholds (as old ladder used to have) for example at ranks 14 and 7?
Thank you in advance for answering and sempre forza vale :)

Hi! We might be tweaking it, but still are looking into this. Forza Vale and Happy Holidays!

According to gwent's new economy and full mill policy, it is said that "small amounts of meteorite powder will still be retrievable from milling premium cards".

Could you tell us the exact amounts of meteorite powder? Is it the same as now?

More info in the New Year.

Dear Burza,

1) How would we be able to get premium version of starter set cards after Jan 2nd update? Currently the only way to get premium version of starter set cards (like W3) is to craft with scraps. Those cards can't be transmutated. I hope you guys have figured out a way by now. Can you please share how it will be possible to get premium of starter cards? It will help us to determine what to do with those cards.

You'll be able to create them with powder.

2) Will there be a full day maintenance for Jan 2nd update?

No.

3) Mulligan to Provision Cost: what will be the base provision cost. Even if it is WIP, please tell us the most likely and currently getting tested number? 150?

Still WIP don't want to go into specifics just yet.

4) There should be a leader with +0 provision cost (otherwise the base number doesn't make sense). Is Usurper that leader?

We'll see.

5) Apart from leaders, are there any cards getting added?

Nope.

6) Roughly how many cards are getting balanced in Jan?

Sihil for sure.

7) Is Kambi getting changed?

No.

8) What is the one thing which will excite us players most in the Jan update (apart from Leaders please)

Leaders ;)

9) Is there any Quality of Life update coming in Jan?

The ability to see provisions in the big preview of cards

Thanks in advance for your answers Burza!

Happy Holidays!

Dear Burza,

Thanks for your answers. The best thing in the forum is the notification saying 'Burza quoted your message in "Ask a Dev" thread' :cool:

Couple of follow up questions:

Q: Can you please share how it will be possible to get premium of starter cards?
A: You'll be able to create them with powder.
Follow Up Q: Do you mean requiring only powders? Or along with Scraps? If only powders, will it be the same powder component as it is now or it will be more due to no scraps? I am asking for the community. I already have full premium collection (thanks to the super generous full mill). Your clarification will help new players plan.

Q: Is there any Quality of Life update coming in Jan?
A: The ability to see provisions in the big preview of cards
Follow Up Q: Will those numbers be shown on the cards or adjacent to the cards? (Please please don't show the numbers on the card spoiling the art.)

Happy Holidays Burza and the entire CDPR team!

Hi,

1) During the road map stream you talked a little bit about your philosophy on randomness, what’s the stance of the team on high variance cards such as Gascon, Spotter, Yennefer: Divination (…), and do you plan a rework on those cards.

2) While I’m talking about rework, are you interested in reworking some of the cards that are unused because their ability might be underwhelming and/or limited, again during the stream you talked about Lambert: Swordmaster, but what about Ciri: Nova, Olgierd von Everec, Mandrake (…).

I wish to everyone a Merry Christmas.

Isn't the recruitment cost for Golden Froth too high since it counterpart's Lacerate is only 7? I think Both of them should be around 9 or 10

1 - Will there be an option to transmute meteorite powders to scraps?

2 - Will there be an option to transmute premium cards to regular cards?

I remember my first time playing gwent-beta and gwent homecoming, it was boring as hell.
You had/have a standard deck with no particular synergies which is not very exciting.

Any chance that you will give new players a deck(s) that is more exciting to play?

The reason is basically that it will make it easier for new players to stick with this game, given the competitive environment with possibly high switching cost.

I am playing on PS4 and having a great time (apart from the performance issues, which I know you are working on).

1. Some of my Collection Contracts are not completing, even though I have the cards. For example, I have the cards for Strange Stew, but Whispess is not being counted. Nor Gremist/Vaedermaeker for Hour of Magic. Is this a known bug?

2. Are console players being awarded double EXP (like PC players)? I did not get the confirmation message when logging in.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi
Do you plan to expand the function of friends in the game? Just now Gwint is not very social.Playing with a friend does not bring any bonuses. Even her daily tasks aimed at friendlist. And how do you look at the possibility of adding a tournament mode in the game client In the coming years? This could contribute to the appearance of their hs-cafe counterparts in major cities.

p.s.
Sry for my bad english :)

p.s.s.
What do you think about it?

Last edited:
Hello, any plans to address cards being unplayable and broken on console, for example cards like Prince Stennis, Dorregeray, Nenneke, Hawker healer are causing the game to get stuck on console while our opponents can still play freely resulting in an auto loss when playing these cards, Maybe there are more cards that are bugged like this on console but haven’t tested it

Thanks and have a happy Christmas :)

Guest 4322057

Would you ever consider making leaders playable on the board again?

It is always a joy playing while listening to the in-game music.

I wanted to ask if we can expect any new music tracks in the near future, which are to be randomized for each match with respect to each faction, and maybe some non faction specific neutral music from witcher titles.
My personal favorites were banana-tiger (lol) and skellige-gwent song from witcher 3. It would be cool to have an in-game music option (click and select which titles should be played or a randomized list where you can include/exclude certain titles).

Hello Pawel,
on beta test, when you opened player’s profile, started playing sounds of animated card, which player placed in his profile’s page. Now we can’t hear sounds of animation immediately, while opening someone’s profile. Can we get this feature back?

Thanks, Happy New Year :)

Hi!
I was just playing a game with my Eist Tempo deck against another similar Eist deck. We both ended up playing our Jutta an Dimmus as our last cards of round 3. Before I played my Jutta my opponent had boosted his Jutta to 18 with Bekkers dark mirror. I was excpeting my Jutta not to wound herself by six, because obviously there was a higher card on the board. However it seems that since Jutta is the highest card on the board (that would be my opponents Jutta) my Jutta an Dimun ended up wounding herself by 6 anyway. Just wondering if this is a bug or an intented mechanic?

No hard feelings thou since I still ended up winning the game. :p

Hey Burza & Team!
Wanted to say, I really like the way the game is being taken towards, keep up guys with the great work :)

For my questions
1. When you say premium cards will only be able to be crafted by meteorite powder, that means only powder and no scraps at all? or do you mean only the transmute?
2. Is there any chance of getting some leaks regarding January's game patch notes?

Thanks!

Hi Mr.Burza!Can we get some holiday borders?Something that we can get with some mini quest or contract if not now maybe next holidays?!Happy holidays for you and you team :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom