GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a developer, what is an aspect of the game you found most challenging - but rewarding - to work on?

Bringing GWENT from a mini game in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to a standalone title for sure, it's been a long way and we're still not fully there yet, but it's been a great challenge.

I wrote to support about a bug that took a bunch of meteorite powder from me. I have video and screenshots of how and when it happened. This occurred several weeks ago and I haven't heard back. Any recommendations on how to get assistance. It was on the PS4 version. Thank you.

I would wait for the reply, if it doesn't come soon PM you're email address form which the request was sent and I'll investigate.

Hi ,

Can you please extend this deadline for the economy change.

I had a full premium deck in beta and now because I didn't realize there was a deadline can't craft any premiums anymore.

It feels really lousy to do this to veteran players who perhaps didn't log in during those 2 weeks.

Thank you.
Sorry we cannot extend the time :(
So is there any other way, you can help ppl in this situation?
It feels really bad to be punished for CDPR economy mistakes and basicly loosing entire premium collection, just becouse someone was out of the loop, or was on holidays and didn't crafted premium cards, during christmas time. :(

thanks

Last edited:
Hi Burza,

Sincere question: do you or any others on the team read threads on this forum other than the official CDPR threads?

If yes, are you aware that a significant portion of your player base (especially among the beta players) is unhappy with the changes brought by HC? Are there any plans to engage with them and/or address their concerns?

How will you strike the balance between the game you said you guys wanted to achieve and the game Gwent players want to play?

Hey Burza, was the sense of accomplishment line in the economy announcement a tongue in cheek joke against EA because of how badly they mangled all their PR and this was an announcement no one wanted to hear but understandably very necessary since gwent is still probably the most generous F2P game out there?

Do you think it is possible Gwent will return to the old power level (bronzes now being ~5 power instead of ~10 before)? It would fix a lot of issues and be healthier for the game's future.

In-depth explanation:
I think there is a big issue with the new base power of the units in the game (bronzes now being ~5 power instead of ~10 before).
It makes it less easy to balance accurately the cards so you created provision to balance them through that but that's not the only problem....

It created a big problem with all the 1 damages/buff effets being too powerful for certain cards, for many cards you feel like the effects should be 0.5 power, which is impossible.
1 power in the current game is just too strong and will always be hard to balance. It also makes "lining up" units power for effects such as epidemic, Schirru, Scorch, igni.... way too easy. This already created a lot of balancing issues most of these cards had to be nerfed and will probably never be well balanced. Also Sihil would be balanced if it was the old power level. It seems like the only way you can nerf those cards is my nerfing their provision cost to oblivion and make them unplayable
It also prevents many creative design based on multiple hits effects because they would be too strong with the new power and need less than 1 power to be balanced.

Last edited:
With the leader changes have you considered leaders adding 20/30/40 provisions while also requiring bigger decks?
I liked 37/40/41 Foltest a lot.

Hi Burza! Loved the stream as always!

I have 2 questions regarding the shop;

1) When will the 'coming soon' Packs be available and what might we expect from them? (just like the holiday pack I assume?)
2) When can we expect new bundles and what might they be? O: )

Thank you in advance good sir!

Is there plans to add an actual fullscreen mode? What the "fullscreen" option ingame is truly do is windowed borderless mode, not the actual fullscreen.

Hi!

A quick introduction, I love making decks and I try to post one new deck on gwentup every week or so. That way I can help new players and let older players try something new. But saldy, I've run out of idea's I think.. my life now feels like a korathi heatwave. So I wanted to ask you and Melitele :
  • Can you share the abilities for the new leaders coming soon? Or at least what archetype they'll be supporting?
  • Whats more important ATM, supporting existing archetypes or adding new mechanics?
Thank you and a late happy new year to all

Dear Burza,

You mentioned that Letho will be temporarily removed from the game. Now, I have a premium version of that card. What will happen to it? Will it get auto-milled? If so, for full mill-value? Would we get scarps only or full-mill with the powder+scraps?

Thanks in advance,
RRC

Hi Burza,

Sincere question: do you or any others on the team read threads on this forum other than the official CDPR threads?

If yes, are you aware that a significant portion of your player base (especially among the beta players) is unhappy with the changes brought by HC? Are there any plans to engage with them and/or address their concerns?

How will you strike the balance between the game you said you guys wanted to achieve and the game Gwent players want to play?

We do, some of the changes we're implementing have been requested by the community, but we won't be overhauling the game again.

Hey Burza, was the sense of accomplishment line in the economy announcement a tongue in cheek joke against EA because of how badly they mangled all their PR and this was an announcement no one wanted to hear but understandably very necessary since gwent is still probably the most generous F2P game out there?

Nope.

Do you think it is possible Gwent will return to the old power level (bronzes now being ~5 power instead of ~10 before)? It would fix a lot of issues and be healthier for the game's future.

In-depth explanation:
I think there is a big issue with the new base power of the units in the game (bronzes now being ~5 power instead of ~10 before).
It makes it less easy to balance accurately the cards so you created provision to balance them through that but that's not the only problem....

It created a big problem with all the 1 damages/buff effets being too powerful for certain cards, for many cards you feel like the effects should be 0.5 power, which is impossible.
1 power in the current game is just too strong and will always be hard to balance. It also makes "lining up" units power for effects such as epidemic, Schirru, Scorch, igni.... way too easy. This already created a lot of balancing issues most of these cards had to be nerfed and will probably never be well balanced. Also Sihil would be balanced if it was the old power level. It seems like the only way you can nerf those cards is my nerfing their provision cost to oblivion and make them unplayable
It also prevents many creative design based on multiple hits effects because they would be too strong with the new power and need less than 1 power to be balanced.

I'll pass on your suggestions to the designers.

Will you be doing any changes to leader models? I'm sure you've seen it mentioned before, but the main example here is Harald not looking like his card art and using a shield when his lore says he never used a shield

Not right now for sure, this has a smaller priority for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom