GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the leader changes have you considered leaders adding 20/30/40 provisions while also requiring bigger decks?
I liked 37/40/41 Foltest a lot.

Bigger decks wouldn't work - not enough muster and tutor abilities.

Hi Burza! Loved the stream as always!

I have 2 questions regarding the shop;

1) When will the 'coming soon' Packs be available and what might we expect from them? (just like the holiday pack I assume?)
2) When can we expect new bundles and what might they be? O: )

Thank you in advance good sir!

1) Which packs are you referring to?
2) Stay tuned! :)

Hi!

A quick introduction, I love making decks and I try to post one new deck on gwentup every week or so. That way I can help new players and let older players try something new. But saldy, I've run out of idea's I think.. my life now feels like a korathi heatwave. So I wanted to ask you and Melitele :
  • Can you share the abilities for the new leaders coming soon? Or at least what archetype they'll be supporting?
  • Whats more important ATM, supporting existing archetypes or adding new mechanics?
Thank you and a late happy new year to all

We'll be talking about the leaders soon, we have a reveal plan for this that I don't want to spoil :)

Dear Burza,

You mentioned that Letho will be temporarily removed from the game. Now, I have a premium version of that card. What will happen to it? Will it get auto-milled? If so, for full mill-value? Would we get scarps only or full-mill with the powder+scraps?

Thanks in advance,
RRC

He's not removed from the game, he'll be a vanilla card with no ability for now.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
When I start to play before the coin for a second I see where the tactical advantage lies and that I already know who goes first. When will correct??

Hello from Russia, Burza&Co!

Do devs have any ideas about the mechanics of triggering effects in certain rounds?

For example. If you play a card in rounds 1 and 3, then it will do one thing. But if you play it in round 2, it will do something completely different.

I think this is interesting way to make the rounds more meaningful and people will stop dry pass in round 2 as it usually happens.

We don't plan to change him again. We changed him because he was already OP.
OP in what context, people complained about him due to banishing your oponnent graveyard, thus basically denying the oponnent his strategy. However banishing your own graveyard gives you the option to build around "empty graveyard" strategy which atm only synergize well with Ciri Nova.

Hello from Russia, Burza&Co!

Do devs have any ideas about the mechanics of triggering effects in certain rounds?

For example. If you play a card in rounds 1 and 3, then it will do one thing. But if you play it in round 2, it will do something completely different.

I think this is interesting way to make the rounds more meaningful and people will stop dry pass in round 2 as it usually happens.

Interesting idea, we were thinking about sth similar :)

With the announcement of Faction Ambassadors the people chosen are relatively well known members of the Gwent community (which makes sense, no complaints here :)), but do you have plans to also showcase smaller streamers and members of the Gwent community, maybe on social media or TWIGs?

Hey pawel i wanted to say that TB was The Best story wise game for me the precedent year. I enjoyed The story, The ost. i would be glad if this game sales well. Anyway my question is in gwent if a card Will get full refund value, now we can Mill it for meteorite full value Also?

@Burza46 Are there plans to add a tavern board? A lot of people I know would come back just for this. Battlefield is awesome and you guys put a lot of work on it, but it just isn't some peoples thing, don't exclude them from the game, a tavern skin won't hurt anyone.

With the announcement of Faction Ambassadors the people chosen are relatively well known members of the Gwent community (which makes sense, no complaints here ), but do you have plans to also showcase smaller streamers and members of the Gwent community, maybe on social media or TWIGs?

I really want to start doing this!

Hey pawel i wanted to say that TB was The Best story wise game for me the precedent year. I enjoyed The story, The ost. i would be glad if this game sales well. Anyway my question is in gwent if a card Will get full refund value, now we can Mill it for meteorite full value Also?

We'll see, cards only will get full refund if they are completely changed, we've yet to tackle this case.

@Burza46 Are there plans to add a tavern board? A lot of people I know would come back just for this. Battlefield is awesome and you guys put a lot of work on it, but it just isn't some peoples thing, don't exclude them from the game, a tavern skin won't hurt anyone.

We'll take it into consideration

- the game wasn't fully optimized for the PTR, like mentioned numerous time it was a work in progress version
- We might tweak, but only a bit
- Final animations are not implemented, the game will play faster with proper animations

I don't know if there is any difference between animations speed in PTR and release version but they are still slow few months after game release. Buffing animations, damage animations, leader animation, cards going to graveyard animation, drawing cards animation - everything feels really slow.

1. When can we expect faster animations?
2. Why are we locked in place for few seconds with animations? Is it impossible for this engine to queue stuff? Leader animation locks player for few seconds, same when you play in NR e.g. you buff Tridam Infantry then you wait for buff animation and then you wait for damage animation and then you can buff it again. It is really slow. Of course timer doesn't stop or doesn't add a few seconds when game locks you for few seconds.

So we need faster animations or queue for actions or both.

Last edited:
Hey Burza! keep up the good work you and gwent team!
I wanted to ask for some tasty leaks on whether or not some cards are going to get nerfed\change soon:
Unicorn\Chironex, Yrden, an Craite marauder, Schirru, Birna\Derran, Rot tossers
If any other cards I did not mention are gonna get changed feel free to mention them aswell =)

Thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom