GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza! I have a few questions today.

1) I'm not sure if this was addressed, but can we expect a statement regarding the still incomplete transfer from UWP to GOG any time soon? I've seen many on reddit having the same situation, where we've been waiting for almost a month without receiving a confirmation email. This feels really bad because not only couldn't we play the game since HC launched (almost 3 months now!) but we also missed the chance to craft a full premium collection on GOG. I know it's been said that this is Microsoft's fault but are there any plans to speed things up or compensate in some way (e.g. allow crafting premium cards with scrap)?

2) [Not a question.]

Keep up the good work!

We're still waiting on Microsoft - sorry for the inconvenience

@Burza46

Any plans to allow players to change their 'Starter Artifact' for Round 1?

Maybe something similar to Thronebreaker (Standard / Manticore Head etc)

Would be a very nice addition for the Artifact to have synergy with builds.

Examples
Boost a unit by 2 (2 Charges), Damage a Unit by 5, Strengthen a Unit by 3, Reset an Allied Unit to Base Health, Unlock a Unit & Boost by 2, Lock a Unit & Damage by 2, Play a Bronze Weather Card from Your Deck, Summon a Copy of a Bronze Unit (3 Round Timer), Boost all Units on Melee / Ranged Row by 1 (3 round timer) etc.

Also having the R1 Artifact face down would be a very enjoyable layer of decision making for opponents.

Not planned at the moment :)

Hey Burza!

A lot of people are complaining lately about the ranked system. Would you guys think about adding some checkpoints so to speak in ranked? For example: Reaching rank 15/10/5 would secure your spot and you can't go below that ranked this season but if you will remain that rank, when the season resets you will fall. So the players who needs to push 1 more rank: 14/ 9/ 4 *too secure it for the next season and for rewards* will not be afraid of falling because of a lose streak to rank 19 or 11 or 7. I think some people stopped playing ranked because of this anxiety created by this system with no checkpoints.

Thanks!

Dear Burza,
What would be the take of the Design (and Balancing Team) if a particular card is added in every single deck possible (A faction card added in every deck of that faction irrespective of the leader/archetype or a Neutral card added in every single deck)? Will the team think that it is a good card or a broken card?

As a civilian with limited power, I did some research and found that out of 80 decks (4 pages of results in GwentUp), all 80 decks of Skellige (100%) had Morgvarg in it and around 78 or so decks (97.5%) have Derren. Also, I am pretty sure (even though I don't have exact numbers) that more than 80% of all the decks in Gwent have Unicorn/Chironext combo.

What would be the reaction/rational of the Design/Balancing team to such a highly skewed statistics about these cards?

Thanks!
RRC.

Hey Burza,

Is anyone on the team looking into controller inputs?

Currently it feels very cumbersome to play with a controller. For example, when playing an order unit like Saesenthessis Blaze, you have to move the cursor to the enemy you want to ping, and then it resets back after each ping and you have to move the cursor again. It would be nice if the cursor stayed on the unit.

Also, currently if a card can damage a "unit", it seems like it often targets your own units first, and you have to move the cursor over to the other side of the board. I understand we should have the option to ping our own unit, but perhaps the default could be set to the enemy's side of the board. Similarly, buff cards could default to first targeting your own units.

I've seen other suggestions out there as well so I am curious if someone on the team is assigned to review/update the controller settings.

thanks! :D Love this game, great job to all of you!

15 points

Is it 15 RP per leader or 15 RP in total (3 RP per leader)?

Is there some "path of nodes" to unlock the leader (just like for current non-starter leaders - you need to unlock some other nodes first to get to the leader) or you can unlock these leaders directly (leader's node is directly "at start" of the path)?

If there is some "path of nodes" then:

1. Is 15 (or 3?) a value of just final leader's node or this is a value of whole path of nodes to unlock leader?
2. Are some nodes on this path shared between leaders? (so if you unlock one leader you can get another one cheaper)

Last edited:
will you bring back pair cards? such as 2nd nekker variant as clone or WH rider pair card?

(Moderator's note: duplicate question removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for opponents is way too long... Whats the current restriction +/- 1 rank? If so it should be changed to at least 3, or even 5, especially for higher ranks. Can that be considered please?

Will we see some ST changes next patch, esp. with Schirru and Call of the Forest? I mean literally every deck now has to run these 2 cards since they are super powerful.

Thanks for your response. :)

Dear Burza,

First for all, thank you and the all Gwent team for game. I hope, that all difficulties are passed away and now the game will have a clear and bright future.

Speaking about the future... I have a small question regarding the Gwent infrastructure. Are developers considering about ingame services API publication? Not right now, of course, but somewhere in the future. For example, game developers can provide information about cards, leaderbords, decks, tree rewards, etc. Community developers can use that data and build a various services, which can positive influence on the game popularity. I think, that this is a "win-win" situation for both sides: for the developers and for the community.

Thanks in advance for the answer!
Sincerely yours,
SaboteurInCave

You mentioned during the Dev Stream that you went overboard with the "darkness" a bit. Do you know when we can expect an option to brighten the palette a bit? I like the game but sometimes it is hard to see things!

Hi Burza,
What's the new leaders' abilities? Tell us even just one of them pls. Really looking forward to it.
Thx. Have a nice day.

Hi,
Can the game be changed so that the leader abilities like Foltest can be activated one at a time with new clicks? Many times I have used the ability a second time by mistake where I actually wanted to use the cards power after using Foltest`s ability one time. I don`t think there are many instances where players want to use all of the leader abilities in one go compared to using them once each time.

Greetings Burza,

can you give us a little glimpse of the future regarding the overhaul of the daily quest system? Is it still planed? Are there any concrete content ideas? Any kind of timetable? Or is this part of the game low on the priority list?

Thanks and have fun running.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom