GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza,

I think it’s well known that Northern Realms is really weak.
The reason is that the other clans (especially Scoia'tael and Skellige, but also Monsters - Deathwish) are focused on destroying enemies on the field.

I like NR, but almost every game the same:
I play a card with order -> opponent destroy it -> I play the next card with order -> opponent destroy it… and so on.
Foltest is not really a help because you have only 3 charges and he boosts Recruit Cap only by 13.

Is there any plans to improve the NR clan?

some ideas for new cards: "give zeal to a random card with order on your hand" , "zeal if this card is played as last card from your hand" , "play the lowest unit with order from your deck and give zeal and doomed", "zeal if your opponent controls the highest unit", "zeal if opponent controls 5 or more units".

Hey Burza!

A lot of people are complaining lately about the ranked system. Would you guys think about adding some checkpoints so to speak in ranked? For example: Reaching rank 15/10/5 would secure your spot and you can't go below that ranked this season but if you will remain that rank, when the season resets you will fall. So the players who needs to push 1 more rank: 14/ 9/ 4 *too secure it for the next season and for rewards* will not be afraid of falling because of a lose streak to rank 19 or 11 or 7. I think some people stopped playing ranked because of this anxiety created by this system with no checkpoints.

Thanks!

I know and yes it's a topic that we are discussing right now. Don't have anything else to share yet tho.

Hey Burza,

Is anyone on the team looking into controller inputs?

Currently it feels very cumbersome to play with a controller. For example, when playing an order unit like Saesenthessis Blaze, you have to move the cursor to the enemy you want to ping, and then it resets back after each ping and you have to move the cursor again. It would be nice if the cursor stayed on the unit.

Also, currently if a card can damage a "unit", it seems like it often targets your own units first, and you have to move the cursor over to the other side of the board. I understand we should have the option to ping our own unit, but perhaps the default could be set to the enemy's side of the board. Similarly, buff cards could default to first targeting your own units.

I've seen other suggestions out there as well so I am curious if someone on the team is assigned to review/update the controller settings.

thanks! :D Love this game, great job to all of you!

In short yes, we are looking into this.

Is it 15 RP per leader or 15 RP in total (3 RP per leader)?

Is there some "path of nodes" to unlock the leader (just like for current non-starter leaders - you need to unlock some other nodes first to get to the leader) or you can unlock these leaders directly (leader's node is directly "at start" of the path)?

If there is some "path of nodes" then:

1. Is 15 (or 3?) a value of just final leader's node or this is a value of whole path of nodes to unlock leader?
2. Are some nodes on this path shared between leaders? (so if you unlock one leader you can get another one cheaper)

One leader node 10 pts and the full tree from the start to the leader 15 pts

Dear Burza,

First for all, thank you and the all Gwent team for game. I hope, that all difficulties are passed away and now the game will have a clear and bright future.

Speaking about the future... I have a small question regarding the Gwent infrastructure. Are developers considering about ingame services API publication? Not right now, of course, but somewhere in the future. For example, game developers can provide information about cards, leaderbords, decks, tree rewards, etc. Community developers can use that data and build a various services, which can positive influence on the game popularity. I think, that this is a "win-win" situation for both sides: for the developers and for the community.

Thanks in advance for the answer!
Sincerely yours,
SaboteurInCave

Hi, right now we're not thinking about publishing our API.

Hi,
Can the game be changed so that the leader abilities like Foltest can be activated one at a time with new clicks? Many times I have used the ability a second time by mistake where I actually wanted to use the cards power after using Foltest`s ability one time. I don`t think there are many instances where players want to use all of the leader abilities in one go compared to using them once each time.

We'll have a look into this.

Greetings Burza,

can you give us a little glimpse of the future regarding the overhaul of the daily quest system? Is it still planed? Are there any concrete content ideas? Any kind of timetable? Or is this part of the game low on the priority list?

Thanks and have fun running.....

Nothing I can share at the moment I'm afraid!

Hi Burza,

I think it’s well known that Northern Realms is really weak.
The reason is that the other clans (especially Scoia'tael and Skellige, but also Monsters - Deathwish) are focused on destroying enemies on the field.

I like NR, but almost every game the same:
I play a card with order -> opponent destroy it -> I play the next card with order -> opponent destroy it… and so on.
Foltest is not really a help because you have only 3 charges and he boosts Recruit Cap only by 13.

Is there any plans to improve the NR clan?

some ideas for new cards: "give zeal to a random card with order on your hand" , "zeal if this card is played as last card from your hand" , "play the lowest unit with order from your deck and give zeal and doomed", "zeal if your opponent controls the highest unit", "zeal if opponent controls 5 or more units".

We'll see after TB leader update.

Guest 3960920

Good day Burza.

Do you plan on making transmutation sale - like two days lower price for card transmutation ?
Asking this because old players have most of the cards animated while new players straggle on getting couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom