GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
One leader node 10 pts and the full tree from the start to the leader 15 pts
is the 10 points on leaders a permanent or a temporary price, which will drop eventually?
(as in many free games when they release a new hero/champ they are usually more expensive in the first week, reducing the price to the most recently released hero/champ prices afterwards)

Serious question - when are you going to sort out the deal? I am absolutely sick to death of games being won or lost because you/opponent just gets the exact right deal. It's unfair on them/me, depending, and utterly needless. Please even the order of cards at the start of a match.

Are there any plans to allow Base/Starter cards (including Base/Starter Leaders) and Thronebreaker cards in Arena? Currently there's a lot of cards not accessible in Arena and I have no idea what led to this decision. Missing out on 5 leader choices as well as dozens of cards seems strange.

Similarly, will the upcoming new leaders and cards be allowed in Arena?

Serious question - when are you going to sort out the deal? I am absolutely sick to death of games being won or lost because you/opponent just gets the exact right deal. It's unfair on them/me, depending, and utterly needless. Please even the order of cards at the start of a match.

Can you clarify that a bit? By 'even the deal' do you mean preset what cards are drawn each game so the deck is always in a specific order? Because if so... Would't that sort of defeat the point of a card game where you draw cards from a shuffled deck?
Post automatically merged:

-

Hey Burza

Bit of a silly question, but has the team ever given any sort of thought to swapping Brouver and Filavandrel? Its just that Filavandrel is an elf king who's ability hand buffs... Which dwarves predominantly are built around. And Brouver is a dwarf king who moves units... Something the elves benefit from. So we have the weird deck building thing where its like, "I want to build a dwarf deck... So let me toss the elf king in as the only logical leader!" and "I am going to build an elf list... Better slot in the dwarf who in lore is infamous for being an isolationist who thinks about his dwarves first and foremost and hates the ST!"

Like in late beta it made sense to run Brouver in a dwarf deck cus he played dwarves from your deck and then moving into HC he was given Zoltan's old ability which made sense on paper, he's a dwarf, Zoltan's a dwarf... But it has led to this utterly silly situation where when I look at my opponents leader I go, "Ah an elf, they must be running a dwarf deck!" And "Ah, a dwarf, they must be running elves!"

I know its a silly thing and the confusion it would cause would likely make it more trouble then its worth to go and change the leaders around, but as someone who likes building decks that fit with a sort of lore theme it just drives me nuts feeling like I need to pull this sort of contradictory leader stuff to be competitive.

Anyway, small gripe and I am sure the answer is just going to be a flat, "No plans at the moment." But... Eh maybe I'll get lucky and this is something the devs are thinking about.

Either way, love the game, love you and love the team! Keep being wonderful!

Last edited:
Good day Burza.

Do you plan on making transmutation sale - like two days lower price for card transmutation ?
Asking this because old players have most of the cards animated while new players straggle on getting couple.

I'll pass on the suggestion to the team :)

Are there any plans to allow Base/Starter cards (including Base/Starter Leaders) and Thronebreaker cards in Arena? Currently there's a lot of cards not accessible in Arena and I have no idea what led to this decision. Missing out on 5 leader choices as well as dozens of cards seems strange.

Similarly, will the upcoming new leaders and cards be allowed in Arena?

Yes, we plan to bring them in.

Can you clarify that a bit? By 'even the deal' do you mean preset what cards are drawn each game so the deck is always in a specific order? Because if so... Would't that sort of defeat the point of a card game where you draw cards from a shuffled deck?
Post automatically merged:

-

Hey Burza

Bit of a silly question, but has the team ever given any sort of thought to swapping Brouver and Filavandrel? Its just that Filavandrel is an elf king who's ability hand buffs... Which dwarves predominantly are built around. And Brouver is a dwarf king who moves units... Something the elves benefit from. So we have the weird deck building thing where its like, "I want to build a dwarf deck... So let me toss the elf king in as the only logical leader!" and "I am going to build an elf list... Better slot in the dwarf who in lore is infamous for being an isolationist who thinks about his dwarves first and foremost and hates the ST!"

Like in late beta it made sense to run Brouver in a dwarf deck cus he played dwarves from your deck and then moving into HC he was given Zoltan's old ability which made sense on paper, he's a dwarf, Zoltan's a dwarf... But it has led to this utterly silly situation where when I look at my opponents leader I go, "Ah an elf, they must be running a dwarf deck!" And "Ah, a dwarf, they must be running elves!"

I know its a silly thing and the confusion it would cause would likely make it more trouble then its worth to go and change the leaders around, but as someone who likes building decks that fit with a sort of lore theme it just drives me nuts feeling like I need to pull this sort of contradictory leader stuff to be competitive.

Anyway, small gripe and I am sure the answer is just going to be a flat, "No plans at the moment." But... Eh maybe I'll get lucky and this is something the devs are thinking about.

Either way, love the game, love you and love the team! Keep being wonderful!

Hi! Yeah we're actually planning to swap their abilities.

is the 10 points on leaders a permanent or a temporary price, which will drop eventually?
(as in many free games when they release a new hero/champ they are usually more expensive in the first week, reducing the price to the most recently released hero/champ prices afterwards)

To soon to say, but the price will stay most likely.

Ummm... I think that's kind of a thing in card games, you either get a good hand or a bad one. It's the biggest and most known RNG of all card games.

Morning, is the Faction Challenge promised to be on this week? It's Thursday already, when are we expecting it?
Have a nice day and we look forward to the dev stream

Four Questions/Suggestions:

1. Can we have an option to have the board be fully skinned out with whatever skin we have equipped instead of it being half ours and half our opponents?

2. During the draw phase the camera zooms out revealing much more of the board and background, can we have an option to stay this zoomed out?

3. As we get closer to the March expansion, will there be a "reveal season"? Where you give card reveals to streamers, similarly to how you guys did during mid-winter, or it too soon to say?

4. Last question is personal question for Burza. What's your favorite movie? Any polish movie recommendations?

Thanks for reading! Keep up the good work!

Why does immunity not apply to 'everything'? Yrden can reset any immune unit - doesn't that kind of defeat the object of being immune? Are there any plans to allow effects on immunity to instead just remove that immunity? So if I have an immune unit, boosted, then Yrden is played on it, the immunity - NOT the boosts - is removed so that unit can then be targetted?

Just seems a bit stupid to bother having a strategy around making certain units - Mourntart/Ozzrel/Incantation - immune, then have cards such as Manticore's deathwish, Pred Dive, Scorch, Epidemic blast them away.

Four Questions/Suggestions:

1. Can we have an option to have the board be fully skinned out with whatever skin we have equipped instead of it being half ours and half our opponents?

2. During the draw phase the camera zooms out revealing much more of the board and background, can we have an option to stay this zoomed out?

3. As we get closer to the March expansion, will there be a "reveal season"? Where you give card reveals to streamers, similarly to how you guys did during mid-winter, or it too soon to say?

4. Last question is personal question for Burza. What's your favorite movie? Any polish movie recommendations?

Thanks for reading! Keep up the good work!

1. We're thinking about something, more info coming really soon!
2. Not planned right now
3. Yes of course!
4. Favorite movie of all time or currently my favorite one? All time: Lords of Dogtown (not polish) current favorite Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse

Hello again...no I didn't mean that. What I meant was, like sometimes when I win, my fMMR increases by 9 points and sometimes by 8. Similarly, when I lose, sometimes 7 points are lost and sometimes it's 8 points. What causes these variations? Can you please give me a run down of the formula you use to add or subtract fMMR?

Depends on your opponents MMR, I can't provide the formula tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom