GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I have to ask the most important question ever, one that will impact the past, present and future of GWENT as we know it, a question so important no question ever will be more important: How is (or was) your birthday? Hopefully good :)

Thank you for all your hard work in trying to keep this community fresh and healthy with a good serving of leeks without overdoing it!

Another question that I have, which is much less important: We knew about the updates in January and an expansion and e-sports resuming in March, will February have any new content or will it be primarily focused on balance changes/tweaks and improvements?

Have you ever thought of adding the option of switching to Witcher's 3 Gwent Music in Homecoming? Don't get me wrong I love the music in Homecoming but sometimes I feel a bit nostalgic and a change of soundtrack would be welcome!

We'll put it on the list, since it's getting a lot of requests :)

Hello Mr. Burza.
-So i've read you're planning a developer's stream soon, but my question is: are you going to reveal there some or all of the new leaders' abilities, coming later this month?

-Also, in terms of balance, are the Unicorn/Chironex combo being looked for a possible nerf? Because those are in like 80% of the decks, when a single card(s) are that popular, its a good symptom that it might be too powerful...

-And what about the Giant Woodland deck? I know there are counters to it, but it's been consistently on top ever since the launch of HC without a single nerf, getting really tired of facing it by now.

- We'll reveal them earlier I hope :D

- Yes, they will see a small change when the patch with the leaders drops

- We'll see, but we feel it's to early for changes

Guest 3617720

Hello CDPR and happy new year!

Here s my simple question for 2019:
Do you have any plans on changing the ability of some cards that seem out of the meta, weak or even similar to other cards in the game?
(I have in mind Sile de Tancarville who is my favorite character from The Witcher universe. She is basically a worse Chironex at the moment.)
Maybe changing them with more unique abilities?

I know my question seems harder than what it looks like probably because of balance issues but I hope we can do something about it!

Have a great day at the office. SamGamegy

Dear Burza,

over the course of 2018, you guys teased a new faction a couple of times. Giving very cryptic hints here and there, you more or less said that the new faction was quite far in production and had to be pushed back for release because of homecoming and all the reworks.

On the Dev Stream, Jason said that when you release a new faction, it will have to be something very different from the other factions, leading some to speculate that over the course of the past couple of months, your plans for the future faction(s) might have changed based on the game's new direction.

Thus my Question: Are you still planning to release more or less the same faction that you teased us with all these months ago, or are we gonna see something different from that? I.e. has the "old" new faction been scrapped?

Kind regards and all the best for 2019,
Crozyr

We switched it up a bit, but it's still around the same theme :)

Now that we have the Gwent and Thronebreaker soundtrack I was wondering:

How many people/reddit likes would it take to make/ consider a extended soundtrack for Gwent and Thronebreaker with tracks like "taming a stray" and a vocal version of "the black clads"?

I shall wait your response ;)

Hael Ker’zaer!
Tomasz_exe

No idea to be honest, our audio team decides on these things :D

Hey guys! I am currently playing at rank 1, and finding games has been impossible (4 games in 3 hours). Is it because of matchmaking or is there a problem that you guys are currently working at?

Sorry to hear that! We'll have a look at this!

You said some time after Homecoming release, you are planning new game mode early this year but after that we didnt get any news about that. Is this still a plan or after making Jason Slama lead director you change your plans? Also real draft mode please.

First we need to work on the game and implement fixes plus add content, after that we'll think about game modes.

Hi Burza, will we see more of synergistic tribe decks, like Elfs swarm, in future Gwent expansions? SK pirates seems like it would be a good idea. Do you yourself like those type of decks? I think they are fun we should have a few more in the game at least.

Also I remember Slama not being happy with NG's current identity and wants to make some changes, are you guys committed on this? I think it is a very good idea!

I read in a previous comment of yours that you guys have some plans with new boards and such, I hope we'll get a tavern board! maybe even top down view toggle option, I don't know how possible it is.

1. Hopefully yes, I really like tribal decks, but it's all up to the design team, which I have full faith in.

2. We'll see it's on the table for sure

3. We have a cool board idea coming :)

Hello Pawel,
will the ''Viper Witcher'' get some other ability with in the next update? Ability to banish a card on the top of your opponent's deck is kinda ''broken'', don't you think?

P.S. Happy Birthday.

Hello again
Thanks for your replies :) !

Do you plan to add more in game chat options ? Like Hello ! Or Good Game !

When i start a game of gwent i want to greet my oponent but i dont have the option to say Hello !

Thanks Burza ! I love what you guys do to gwent and i wish you the best !

P.S: i just bought Thronebreaker a day ago and its awsome ! Thanks ! Im on Ps4 and i love those 2 games and i will support CDPR as much as i can. I just wish you guys coud make the card animations to work. Thanks !!!

- In game chat options not right now, but maybe in the future

- as for animations on PS4 this is still work in progress

Hi Burza, is there any consideration for looking at activity extending a turn length? For example if a user has less than 5-7 seconds left in their turn if they do some action it will extend their turn by say 3-4 seconds? I suppose there is a small chance some users could abuse this with demavend to rope slightly worse, but that would be require much more malicious effort to rope than is currently possible (a user can just do their one action for a turn at the start and then minimize and when the rope burns out it just ends their turn). I just ask because of the clips you see where someone is doing math and then realize the rope just started burning but they don't still dont' have time to go through their ~20 or so actions. I have noticed the improved animations and responsiveness makes this much smoother and it's been great but even today my unfortunate opponent who had played slowly all game decided to use gaunter at the last second and accidentally double foltest charged him and didn't use his ability which gave me a pretty simple win.

For sure we should make the gameplay faster (animations) and that's the goal instead of extending the rope :)

Hello Burza,

Loving the new mulligan system, faction challenge and the 11+ provision arena event!

Here's my question: Whenever my opponent makes a nice turn, I like to reward them with a well played "taunt". Similarly, I like to answer back when my opponent does the same. However, the taunts are really not clear with the current system, if you are not used to all voicelines (especially for Woodland, Arachas and Filavandrel). Without changing the voicelines (those are great), would it be possible to add a short description in parantheses, when the text for the taunt appears on the screen? For example, when Woodland says "Well played", the text would read "... (Well played)".

Thanks and keep up the good work. :)

I like this! Passed it on to the team :)

Hi there, Gwent devs - I hope you are all well.

My question concerns the fMMR system. At the end of a season, how is your fMMR reset? Does it depend on your finishing rank? Is it a blanket reset to 0 no matter what? Does it depend on how much fMMR a faction had before the reset? I'm really curious about the details of this (as is a certain pro team that may or may not want the information for their project in which new players are taught the intricacies of this great game), so any information you can provide would be great.

Thanks!
Lothari

We are talking about Pro Rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom