GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I have to ask the most important question ever, one that will impact the past, present and future of GWENT as we know it, a question so important no question ever will be more important: How is (or was) your birthday? Hopefully good :)

Thank you for all your hard work in trying to keep this community fresh and healthy with a good serving of leeks without overdoing it!

Another question that I have, which is much less important: We knew about the updates in January and an expansion and e-sports resuming in March, will February have any new content or will it be primarily focused on balance changes/tweaks and improvements?

Birthday is great so far! Got many gifts and lots of chocolate, probably more than I can eat! But best of all are all the positive messages from the GWENT community, I'm blessed to have such support!

We'll see about February, depends on the reception of the Thronebreaker Leaders Update :)

Hello CDPR and happy new year!

Here s my simple question for 2019:
Do you have any plans on changing the ability of some cards that seem out of the meta, weak or even similar to other cards in the game?
(I have in mind Sile de Tancarville who is my favorite character from The Witcher universe. She is basically a worse Chironex at the moment.)
Maybe changing them with more unique abilities?

I know my question seems harder than what it looks like probably because of balance issues but I hope we can do something about it!

Have a great day at the office. SamGamegy

Yes, for sure we want to work on cards, which are under-performing and change their abilities, right now we're tweaking the power and provisions on a lot of cards.

why tho? its not unusual for a witcher game to display nudity, except gwent is different about it now
well i know some of the original artworks displayed nudity

If you look at the rating GWENT has it's not possible to introduce nudity into the game.

Hello Pawel,
will the ''Viper Witcher'' get some other ability with in the next update? Ability to banish a card on the top of your opponent's deck is kinda ''broken'', don't you think?

P.S. Happy Birthday.

Not planned right now!

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

If you look at the rating GWENT has it's not possible to introduce nudity into the game.
dunno much about how ratings work
but if you offer it as a dlc with it's separate rating and possibly a foreword/warning what the dlc is about and/or confirming your age (like "are you sure to download this?" or "are you 18+" yes/no) before downloading the dlc, it could work out?

being an optional dlc isnt required to run the normal version of gwent nor you would see nsfw versions of cards if the opponent were to use it

Hi Burza, the way you guys revealed aep Dahyr was AMAZING. Nice work!
Are we gonna have one leader revealed per day? All revealed during this week?
I thought you were gonna reveal them during the faction challenge.
Thx

dunno much about how ratings work
but if you offer it as a dlc with it's separate rating and possibly a foreword/warning what the dlc is about and/or confirming your age (like "are you sure to download this?" or "are you 18+" yes/no) before downloading the dlc, it could work out?

being an optional dlc isnt required to run the normal version of gwent nor you would see nsfw versions of cards if the opponent were to use it

Trust me this is a no go! :)

I was wondering if there was any plans to rework some Gwent multiplayer thronebreaker cards? A couple seem to be really good like Karathisus, Eyck and Reynard but a couple seem to fall really short like Strays of spalla, Gascon, Barnabus and Black rayla. Any chance of reworking these cards as I feel like Thronebreaker gameplay should introduce more enticing cards than what has been given

We are talking about Pro Rank?

Actually I was hoping to know for the entire ladder system. Is there a difference in how your fMMR resets at Rank 25 to Rank 5? Is it different again at Pro Rank? How is it different if it is? Does it depend on how much fMMR with a faction you have? As many juicy details as you can possibly provide XD

Thanks,
Lothari

Hello Burza, congratulations for the presentation work of the new leaders!

Are you planning something special for Gwent related to the launch of the series on Netflix?
I think it would be very good for the image of the game and you could bring new players.

Hello Burza,

Are you planning making full expansion in march with its own name, own theme and own kegs or it will be just 100 cards?

Thanks in advance

could you reword (or change the effect) on many "if you control the highest unit" cards?

if those cards should trigger when either you or both players have the highest card it should mention that a tie will also count

Last edited:
Hello!
I wanted to ask if you’re considering bringing back currency rewards once you hit a certain rank. Like in pre-homecoming when you’d hit a certain rank you’d gain a certain amount of powder/scrap/kegs. With the current system you could make these rewards obtainable once per season since you can fall back down certain ranks. I know we get the portrait avatars once we hit a rank but after that’s done once the only thing to look forward to is the reward points at the end of the season as we climb ranks.

Thanks for all you do to make this game amazing :)

Guest 4327745

Is there going to be any fixes with the update that adds new leaders to the game?currently it takes so long to find a match in ps4 version of gwent and it happens so many times that it just keep searching for opponent and when I want to cancel it nothing happens and i have to close the game and start it again.as I see it on the twitch streams,pc players don't have any problems with finding matches!does it get solved with this patch?it gets really frustrating !

Last edited by a moderator:
Heya Burza,

Super disappointed in the new leader ability. To me this reads as a midranging of what could have been an interesting Tactics archetype. I had been hoping for more leaders like Dema who don’t just reward you for playing a non-Midrange strategy, but actively help you do so in the face of damage based control. Our leader preview helps a tactic deck act more like a damage based control deck instead of helping some of the interesting tactic combos like Meno/Assire/Skellen/Horn. Are there any plans to make archetypes besides tempo heavy midrange decks viable?

To clarify my concerns more; when I read things like Schirru being toned down (one of the only unique finishers in the game) or see things like enforcers having three power in the preview (making an engine three strength is a nerf regardless of supply reduction) or see nerfs to things like Stennis last patch (who was already not competitively viable) it leads me to believe that CDPR is not interested in supporting the type of gwent that players like me enjoy playing the most.

Do you think this next patch will address concerns of players like me? Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy meme decks as much as the next guy — but there’s a reason my NR fMMR is in the pits after spending 200 games on pro ladder trying to make Dema work and I don’t think it’s just because I’m bad (though that is certainly a factor). Do you see high tier archetypes being plausibly viable besides tempo heavy midrange decks populated with removal, boosts, and units that otherwise stop mattering once their Deploy have triggered?

Why did you move away from the idea of making artifacts less binary, and instead only having a straight up removal option to deal with them? Would it simply take too much work to implement such a change? As of right now almost all of the artifacts have been nerfed since the launch of homecoming, most notably Sihil.

This could perhaps have been avoided if we had more options to deal with them. (temporary or permanent locking, manipulating their cooldown / uses, etc). Do you think you can balance them properly with the way they're currently designed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom