GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a while ago it was mentioned that Faction Ambassadors were working on creating new starter decks for the factions. I was waiting for them to be implemented before I invited friends to the game. Are they still a thing that is going to happen?

Will there ever be an option to simply buy the cards that you want, without all the hoarding of reward points, buying kegs, milling?

Hello Pawel,

have you considered moving Adda: Striga from Monsters to NR, same as you did with Draug?

Is the Foltest provision buff coming this month? Is NR left in the gutter because you main ST Burza? Why you always gotta keep the Northman down CDPR?

Also what would it take to make you sneak into the dev room and change the Blue stripes Commando art, my favorite art in the game got removed, I m willing to do anything to have it back in the game.

Last edited:
Not planned right now, our animators are working on animating cards from the expansion.
Paweł, on russian forum we've got a similar answer, but not exactly the same: it was like that: "we are not planning" (like, never. We are not gonna do that). And we concerned about that, it's a real "HOT topic" for us.
So could you tell, if it will ever happen (I don't ask when, just yes or no). I personally hate don't like yellowish strips on "premium-not-animated" cards.
Thanks in advance

Hi Burza,
Will the upcoming expansion include more leaders?
If yes, wouldn't it be too soon after thornebreaker addition?

I was just curious about a particular type of interaction. I was wondering why cards that are already in play that have a continuous action (mainly one that interacts with your opponents cards, ex. An Craite Longship). Why does it not active as soon as your opponent plays a card that meets it criteria to activate.

For example, when an opponent plays a 1 strength unit, why is it allowed to use its deploy instead of being shot before hand? Ambush traps work this way in taking away a played card before its deploy activates. I believe that if a card is played and is killed by an opponents previous play such as my previous example that it is actually better for the game. Because it causes you to actually play around the current board state. Where the current way with the Longship essentially makes it useless because it doesn't actually counter anything. It just deals up to 1 damage a turn when an unit is played.

Paweł, on russian forum we've got a similar answer, but not exactly the same: it was like that: "we are not planning" (like, never. We are not gonna do that). And we concerned about that, it's a real "HOT topic" for us.
So could you tell, if it will ever happen (I don't ask when, just yes or no). I personally hate don't like yellowish strips on "premium-not-animated" cards.
Thanks in advance

The yellow glow effect will disappear from cards and they will have a standard non premium look.

Hello Pawel, after new patch I started to have issues with gwent such as drops from game when I am trying to open cegs and sometimes in the middle of game. As far as I know I am not the only one who experience such issues. Are you planning to release a patch to optimise gwent in the nearest future?

Hey, can we get different card arts for the Leader skins?? also, do you plan on redoing/improving some of the Leader models?? Because some are pretty bad like Arachas or Francesca, Brouver doesn't use the axe from the card art etc... etc...

Last edited:
Hey Pawel - any plans on making avatars and border viewable again during matches? I miss to represent my most favorite character / faction / border - the short moment before the matches start are too short. Would bring back some more flavor and it would do justice to those beautiful pieces of art.

After the skirmish with Sapkowski, does CDPR retain the rights to create more Witcher games?

Can we expect another game like Thronebreaker exploring the lore of more characters?

We know next expansion is coming in March. I think I read somewhere that you will be revealing cards like it was with Midwinter patch. Do you guys plan to reveal new leaders using the same way like you did with the Thronebreaker leaders? Do you plan to stream revealing new cards?

Any plans to bring back being able to use scraps to craft premiums? I have been playing gwent since the beta and quite sad when i found out i missed the chance to do so b4 the currency change . :c

This is such a minor pet peeve but I have to bring it up. The reward for reaching prestige 3 is that the GG rewards goes from 5 to 7. This means that my ore or scraps can end up on uneven numbers depending on who GG's me and how the rewards roll. This irritates me incredibly and is making my OCD act up. Can you perhaps consider switching that to reward from 5 to 10 per GG? I feel that is appropriate and wouldn't give players too much.

And for those that want if possible to ask support to remove or add 1-10 ore or scraps in order to make numbers a multiple of 5.

I know this may sound funny to some or most but whatever!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom