GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Burza ! How are you today?

Quick question, I know it's not a priority at all but do you guys plan to give base set leader avatars (the ones when you unlock all nodes of a leader tree) their faction color. Thronebreaker leader avatar have their faction color when the base set ones don't. Pretty sure it would just be a quick tweak.

Interesting idea, we'll think about it :)

Hi Burza,

Is it possible to get the older faction theme songs back in Gwent? I liked how you guys kept the original tavern music as an option when they introduced the new theme songs in open beta, I was hoping you could do the same now. New music is ok, but the old songs are very much missed :)

We much rather introduce new music then go back to the older music, which would have to be modified to fit the new post-homecoming GWENT.

Hi,

1. Will you bring back some of the beta voice lines and sound effects that have disappeared since Homecoming, such as Vicovaro Medic (now Experimental Remedy), Elven Mercenary (now Waylay), or Golden Froth ...

2. Is the Reveal archetype for Nilfgaard going to be reworked at some point, it's very far from what people fell in love with in beta. Additionally are there any substantial reworks planned at the moment for underwhelming cards. If not at the moment, will you consider it once the March expansion releases.

3. I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll try there. Margarita Laux-Antille's order ability cannot be cancelled, it can be a little bit annoying if you miss-click on her as you'll be forced to spend her three charges, not sure if you're aware of it.

Hope all is well, excited about the future, and best wishes to all.

1. Not as far as I know
2. Nilfgaard will see some tweaks overall
3. Thanks will pass it on to the team

Best wishes!

So I'm not sure if this possible, but it seems like it would be helpful. Is there any way we could select one of our decks to be played by the A.I in practice mode? The thinking is that it would be nice to play against our decks and try to figure out weaknesses. Also if we program net decks we could more easily test counters.

Thanks for your consideration.

We will be reworking practice mode a bit, it's sth we have on our radar.

Hello Burza,

Great job on the recent updates and really loving the game right now!

Recently on reddit threads and on stream, streamers have been talking about the return of NG spies archtype at march expansion. However since there is a debate amongst the community regarding the validity of the claim, i thought to pose the question to you directly? :)

I do understand there is an existing set of cards to support the archtype. Are you looking to add more cards to it or satisfied with how the base set is currently?

NG spies was (arguably) the most beloved archtype in the game and i am quite sure a lot of people will be really excited with its resurgence in the meta.

Keep up the great work and cant wait for the march expansion!

Nothing that I know about apart from us really looking into the faction right now.

With respect to factions such as NR or ST, that dont appear to be competitive atm. And the dev's discussion of ideas of implementing a sixth faction.

My question.
What is the current priorities of the dev team, is it to create a garbage bin of factions/leaders, and let the players sort it out by selecting the few that are competitive?
Or are dev's planning on improving leaders such that every leader can have a competitive deck with winrate of atleast 50%.

You'll never have all leaders on a win-rate of 50% - just saying

Current plan is to bring monsters a bit down to level them out with the rest of the playing field.

I have some questions about Pro Rank Regulations.

1. If I win my "last fight" in Rank 1 and I do not accept Pro Rank Regulations "at once" then: will I stay in Rank 1 with 5/5 mozaic fragments?

2. If, after that, I go to game options and accept Pro Rank Regulations from there then: will I go automatically to Rank 0 or will I need to win "last fight" again?

3. What is so "special" about Pro Rank Regulations that I need to accept them at this stage? What rules weren't already covered by EULA everybody accepted when started playing? What new rules were added at this point?

In order to participate in pro rank you have give us consent to share your personal data with CD
PROJEKT S.A., who will process your data in context of your participation in GWENT Masters - this was introduced to work with the GDPR rules imposed not so long ago. If you don't accept you will stay in Rank 1.

@Burza46

Are monsters getting nerfed in february?

I don't play monsters, but I think monsters as a whole are fine, they just seem strong because everyone plays Control, Point slam beats control since Beta, control atm has engines at check, so Point slam has control at check, nerfing them is a mistake because then control is everything, it already kinda is. If anything control should be nerfed or more pointslam options added in the game to counter the massive amounts of damage, which is also undercosted and too efficient, and locks.

They will see some slight changes to bring them down a bit.

Hi Burza

I'm not sure if it wasn't asked before but are there any plans for regular (non pro) ladder rewards like we had in beta with the borders? The ladder standings don't seem to have any meaning nowdays.

Hi
Do you plan to make the game's console performace better overall ?
I can see some fps drops on my ps4 when there are a lot of animated cards on the battlefield...
Thanks

@Burza46
Hello there.
Do you plan to do something with reward points? In my opinion, those opportunities for their earning, which we have now, are very slow. Many people play very much with the release of HC and they do not have enough points, probably for half available. Tree with base leaders, wild boar, TB and some season's trees that are closed yet. Also, I, as a new player, who came after TB and HC, even with all the awards after the story company, the collection is accumulating very slowly (which is partly the fault of the problem which I described). I hope you pay attention to this and discuss.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Dear developers, can you please transparently disclose on the oficial website detailed explanation of the ranking system, rewards and MMR system. All I was able to find on the web are scatterd speculative statements on miscellaneous unofficial forums. Thank you kindly. Petr

Last edited:
Greetings :)
Two questions concerning how the get new cards after the expansion:
  1. Will the new cards in the March expansion be available in the base kegs, or will there be a new type of keg?
  2. If there is a new type of keg, can you craft them from ore or buy with real world money?

Is Yontek getting into the game this year? since It's year of the pig... also are the rest of the cards from Thronebreaker getting in the game, or are you gonna leave them for now?
Also, are there any plans for some slight Monster nerfs?? Drowner or Cyclops for example??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom