GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza

I'm not sure if it wasn't asked before but are there any plans for regular (non pro) ladder rewards like we had in beta with the borders? The ladder standings don't seem to have any meaning nowdays.

Once we have the reward trees working in March you'll be able to unlock new avatars and borders.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
@Burza46
Hello there.
Do you plan to do something with reward points? In my opinion, those opportunities for their earning, which we have now, are very slow. Many people play very much with the release of HC and they do not have enough points, probably for half available. Tree with base leaders, wild boar, TB and some season's trees that are closed yet. Also, I, as a new player, who came after TB and HC, even with all the awards after the story company, the collection is accumulating very slowly (which is partly the fault of the problem which I described). I hope you pay attention to this and discuss.

We'll see after the introduction of seasonal trees.

Greetings :)
Two questions concerning how the get new cards after the expansion:
  1. Will the new cards in the March expansion be available in the base kegs, or will there be a new type of keg?
  2. If there is a new type of keg, can you craft them from ore or buy with real world money?

Too soon to talk about this.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Is Yontek getting into the game this year? since It's year of the pig... also are the rest of the cards from Thronebreaker getting in the game, or are you gonna leave them for now?
Also, are there any plans for some slight Monster nerfs?? Drowner or Cyclops for example??

No more cards from TB creeping into the game for now. We plan nerfs for Monsters in FEB patch.

This might be little weird to ask but old avatar emotes were one of my favorite things in open beta gwent.

Any chance we well get to use open beta emotes again in the game? If not, would it be possible to release the german voicelines somewhere so that we can listen to them?

I especially miss my german Saskia and Ciri emotes, I regret that I did not record their emotes before the Homecoming

any plans to change the no deranking?
while being able to secure the season rewards is a good idea
but getting locked high up in the rank to the point that you cant win anymore isnt a good idea

what might be a better idea is to be able to lock and unlock your rank in the profile
rank too easy and want a challenge? unlock it and climb the ranks
want to secure your rewards? lock the rank and be unable to climb
rank too hard? unlock it and fall down and lock it when you feel like the rank is comfortable

Last edited:
Will we be able to see a friend's game in the soon patches? I am waiting for this function so long=\

Last edited:
Hey Burza, I saw that there is nothing in the pipes about reworking artifact interaction (possibly just removing artifact removal all together and balancing on that per freddybabe's idea) but is there going to be another tweak to spear? The spear change only buffed it when it was already a strong card that feels awful to play against (unless you have artifact removal in which case you're probably going to win the game off of it.) Its ability to add 2 reach to any other damage effect in one round is just too much. It already was a powerful engine and useful at lining things up but it's adding legitimate single round removal now. Just tweaking it so that it could only be used once a round would do a lot. Pure artifact is dead which is great but spear is better than ever which is bad for the game.

When can we expect a fix for Sweers and other cards with build-in counters (like: Whispess / Brewess / Weavess trio)?

It's very hard and annoying to play them now as the counters do not show real numbers...

Greetings

Just two questions:

1)Are planning to implement command order in march expansion? So players can use orders, leaders without waiting for animations to end

2)Are you planning to increase general card power by 2 or more in march expansion?

Back in the day, top 100 in ranked got special rewards. I am wondering if this is still a thing (possibly related to the season of love reward map that we haven't seen yet.) Also if it is a thing, do we compare against the pro ladder or just the ranked ladder? Finally, if top 100 is still a thing, is it only global, or does top 100 in your region get you a reward as well?

Thanks for your time.

1 - I was looking on Reddit and it seems people would rather have you guys buff the other factions than having Monsters nerfed.
What do you guys have to say about it?

2 - Will there be rotation of Cards Sets every year like Hearthstone?

3 - Will we be able to see our decks on the "Play" Screen just like on old Gwent? It sucks having to go to the Deck Builder Screen, then opening the deck just to see what cards were in it.

4 - Any plans on making the Reward Points given at the end of a season be directly related to the user's CURENT rank instead of a RANGE OF RANKS? Feels bad ending the Season on Rank 8 cause the reward is the same as Rank 14.

5 - Any plans to reduce the Scrap cost of the Thronebreaker cards? They're PRETTY pricey, specially the legendary ones.

Last edited:
Hello Pavel.
A couple question about the future of updates from Russia. Please answer with a monosyllabic yes or no questions.
1. Is it true or not that the future of the update will be devoted to the topic Blood and Wine?
2. Is it true or not that the new Monster leader is Detlaff?
3. Is it true or not that the new Nilfgaard leader Anna Henrietta?
4. Is it true or not that Monsters add vampires?

Going to reask some questions that might've been missed earlier:
  1. A LONG time ago you mentioned that the team had ideas for at least 2 more factions. Do you still have plans for adding multiple factions to Gwent in the future, or will it only be the upcoming one that you are working on right now?
  2. Jason said on your stream, Burza, that the faction you had planned was scrapped in favour of another. Does this mean that faction will come later or will its cards be incorporated into other factions?
  3. Does the team think that it's possible to make new factions with a smaller card and/or leader pool than existing ones will have after some expansions or does the team think that all factions should have a more or less equal card pool when a new faction is released?

Hi Burza,
I have got one question here. Will there be a pre-order event for the new kegs in March expansion (along with possible rewards such as avatars, borders and deck boards,etc.) ? As most CCG games such as Hearthstones have such kind of sales before the release of a new expansion.
Thx, have a nice week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom