GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Burza!
Thanks again for everything you do and for being such an engaging community manager! As for my question, would it be possible to see more support for the spy Nilfgaard archetype in future expansions/updates? The deck was a fan favorite and it was very fitting to the lore surrounding Nilfgaard. Thanks again for everything :)

Hi!

During the game, we can see if the leader ability can be used, which is indicated by green/red number next to the leader. But, if we play Ardal, the opponent, in some scenarios, can deduct how many tactic cards we have in our deck. E.g., if the only card on his side of the board is 4 strength and we have at least 4 tactic cards in our deck, the "leader ability icon/number" will turn green, so the opponent knows we have at least 4 tactic cards in our deck. I think he/she shouldn't have that information.

Was it intentional or is it a "bug"?

Hi there, my question is: will Nivellen get rework? This card with Crushing Trap(s) or Dragon's Dream can generate insane amount of points and there is no counter play.

Here my question:

There will be a buff for Blue Mountain Elite in the future? for example being able to hit in both rows if one unit is alone in that row?

I'm asking this because with almost every deck running witchers trio, roach, nekkers, wild hunt riders, units with immunity and so on it's almost impossible the majority of the time try to hit something with this unit...

besides it has only 1 health point so this unit is completely useless from a competitive point of view with all this limitations...

Maybe a solution could be something like this: *Deploy. Melee: Damage an enemy by 4 if there are not other units on its row.

but who knows. Right now in its current state this card is practically useless.

Hello, @Burza46
Little question.
Pro-ladder list shows 1144 players at the moment. Is this all ppl which reached pro in current season or list is limited by that strange number?

Hi Burza! First of all, thank you for all the work you do, you are wonderful!
My question is: Is it planned to add a "quality of life" feature in which I don't have to mill normal cards all the time, while I have the premium version already? I spend a lot of time just milling cards after I have opened a few kegs.
The second question is about the card collection, I have all the cards in the collection (mostly premium not normal, and it says I own only some and not all cards), how does the card collection work?

Hi Burza!

I don't know how much of this you can answer but I'll go ahead and ask it anyway!

So currently the provisions system acts as a rather simple yet strict guideline in terms trying to balance cards especially for bronzes where we often see cards being worth their value in provisions. As a result, a focus on drawing Golds and playing Golds that are typically worth more points exists in the game. Furthermore, its a general consensus that playing bronzes feels very bad, and including them in your deck feels bad as well but due to provisions limit per leader, there isn't a choice. From a player perspective, it feels bad to need to include and potentially play cards that feel bad.

As such, can I ask if the design team recognizes this point, whether they consider this an issue (whether or high or low priority) and (if it is an issue) whether anything is being considered to fix it?

Thanks!

Hello Pawel,

Do you plan on adding higher ceilings to some contracts, like spend XX ore / scraps / powder or smash kegs, play order units, reveal, damage units, win games with leaders etc? Because some of them feel a bit disproportionate/too low after these months.

What do you think about a Passiflora board? And not a dark one, but a beautiful sunny one. Have the girls wear masks etc, I'm sure you can get many ideas

Best Regards

Last edited:
Hello, Burza.

This question is more of a curiosity: I believe the developers, when creating new cards and mechanics, analize all sorts of synergies, combinations, and test some decks they expect to be strong and present in the meta game. That said, can you reveal if there is any mechanic/archetype/deck and even cards which, in the development, the team expected to be really strong, but in the actual game it's a real flop? If so, can you name the most especial cases?

:confused: The week is over, so we can swarm Burza again.

@Burza46
1. Will there be any performance updates in the next patch? I noticed Thronebreaker got quite the hefty performance patch.
2. Are there any plans for including an option to disable or tweak blur? The one on card select and screen transition.
3. Will Radovid return from his vacation in Africa in March expansion? What about Shani?

morning again,
are you guys plan any changes for ranked and pro ladder's system? I mean, reachin pro in the middle of season almost guarantee drop to regular ladder in next month. Any chances for sth like we got in OBT or similar to this?

Hello, Burza.

This question is more of a curiosity: I believe the developers, when creating new cards and mechanics, analize all sorts of synergies, combinations, and test some decks they expect to be strong and present in the meta game. That said, can you reveal if there is any mechanic/archetype/deck and even cards which, in the development, the team expected to be really strong, but in the actual game it's a real flop? If so, can you name the most especial cases?

Don't have such examples I'm afraid.

morning again,
are you guys plan any changes for ranked and pro ladder's system? I mean, reachin pro in the middle of season almost guarantee drop to regular ladder in next month. Any chances for sth like we got in OBT or similar to this?

We're looking into it.

:confused: The week is over, so we can swarm Burza again.

@Burza46
1. Will there be any performance updates in the next patch? I noticed Thronebreaker got quite the hefty performance patch.
2. Are there any plans for including an option to disable or tweak blur? The one on card select and screen transition.
3. Will Radovid return from his vacation in Africa in March expansion? What about Shani?

1. Yes
2. Not that I'm aware of
3. Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom