GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Burza, a question asked by my friend who is a Gwent streamer,
"Will you guys consider adding resouces to some quest nodes? My suggestion is that, if I had two borders of Bear's Season already, so does it mean I have to spend 6 RP for nothing(repeated)? Pls consider adding some resources to them or unlock them automatically if you already had the rewards."
Thx, looking forward to the patch tomorrow!

Will pass it on as an idea :)

A couple more questions:

1. Jason mentioned on stream something about a Crimson Curse, do you happen to know anything about that since I'm pretty sure it's not related to Darkest Dungeon :D

2. One thing that you didn't mention on the dev stream is the updated starter decks. Will we be getting those sometime soon, with the launch of the expansion or some other time?

3. How soon (tm) are we going to start getting card reveals in March? Will we have to wait until the Open or will there be a slow trickle before then?

Hope you have a nice day and a nice time doing gwenty and non-gwenty things! :)

1. No idea
2. Not yet
3. Before Open for sure :)

Hi, Pawel.
I have watched your wonderful live stream and I still have some question about match making mechanism.
I noticed that you have merged the ranked and casual mode into one card, which is switched between each other with a tag. However, is there any actual optimization or change in the mechanism of matchmaking for casual mode? Or will it still be on your future agenda?
Think I heard Jason talked about guiding new players to the ranked mode where the winning rate is higher. But with more experiences and one improved deck, you can climb to a rank where it's either boring to play the same deck or been crushed by strong decks with your other poor decks. Since it is now impossible to derank in the middle of the season, it seems there lacks a casual environment for poor decks to compete against each other just for fun.
Most appreciated to your reply.
Many thanks.

We’ve reduced the number of games you need to complete to unlock 100% of faction’s MMR to 25, down from 40.

Hi Burza.
Have there been any discussion about the more monstrous leaders getting emotes that aren't screeches, hisses and seemingly random noises?
While it really fits their nature, it makes for poor communication across players.

It might make sense for humanoids to not understand the communication of spirits and beasts, it is also equally unintelligible even if the opponent is playing the exact same leader.

Thank you for your time and I wish the entirety of the Gwent team well.

We're definitely thinking about adding different audio options to leaders, but it's sth planned later down the road.

Hello Burza! Happy Fat Thursday to you! Thanks for the recent dev stream, you and Slama killing it as always.

My question is about Filavandrel. It's been mentioned to death already but Fila's power and Brouver's really feel like they should be switched from a lore perspective. Dwarf king for the dwarves! Will this be happening in the next few months or is it not a priority?

Also, did you ever announce the winners of the Gwent winter story contest?

Thanks!!

It is 4 months after release and character profiles are still broken and shows wrong number of cards we have in our collection. Can we have this fixed this year please? Also removed contracts which were supposed to back really fast... well they never came back(the collection ones). Are you planning to bring them back? Some people have more reward points because they complete them before you remove them.

Hello Pawel, happy Fat Thursday to you and everyone else at the CDPR.

My questions concerns the archetypes and bronze cards:
1. About the archetypes is there a chance we might see some archetypes from beta GWENT return? I am speaking about archetypes like spy NG, Wild hunt frost, foglets that synergize with fog...
2. Bronze cards used to identify each archetype and they used to be very powerful if used in a certain way. Now it's just only about gold cards while most bronze cards are bad. Can we see bronze cards getting a buff in the future?

Hello, Pawel!
1. I've done some math and saw that 2 seasonal trees costs about 140 points monsthly. Plus general trees, years trees and expantion trees it is to hard to collect even 50% of content. Have you any plans to add some ways to reach more points?
2. I've asked before but you didn't answer. Aguara has two cards with 2 different tribes. I guess it is little inconsistent. Will you chenge it?
3. The one thing I need the most right now, it is PRE-SALE BUNDLES for new expansion. Will you add it in the market? :)

I just want to know if u goin to change possibility of destroying hero cards if u got 2 (or more). Got now a situation like that, bc i've unlocked meve from points tree, but... ive already made her so i got now 2 and have no option to destroy at least one. Any solution?

Hello Mr. Burza ! Great work with the update and many thanks to you and your team for the livestream and keeping communication with us, it feels really great and is very appreciated !!

Quick question about Derran,

Now that he only moves 1 card from the library, how do you guys feel about maybe lowering his power by 1 and making the card he moves count as a discard? Just to add a bit more flavour and interaction between him and other stuffs.

Second question; about status effects,

It was mentioned during the live stream that you were working on cleaning up some of the statuses and making them as intuitive as possible. I wanted to ask about Immunity. Currently a card in the graveyard can be targeted even if it has immune, but a locked card in the graveyard does not trigger its effects. I find this mismatch between some statuses sticking and some not, while cards are in the graveyard, a little odd. Could you please explain why this interaction is this way? Or have I misunderstood how this works?

Thank you !

Hi
Do you guys find Seasonal mode FUN ? because i find it boring af. The game is loong and boring, to buff a bear card or to damage it. Why cant we skip those silly quests. I dont like that mode, but im forced to play it just to get that card back and its not cool guys.
So my question :

Do yoi find it fun ? Cuz i dont.

Is the isbel only giving one player a card bug on the radar to getting fixed? It's extremely tilting and has existed since the start of HC I believe.

Last edited:
With the nerf on Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream will you increase by 1 the provision cost on Francisca Findabair decks?

I mean raising the provision cost on her from 163 to 164?
because I don't see the point nerfing that card in a deck with Francesca...

Last edited by a moderator:
The patch added some new keywords (Dominance, Deathblow, Purify) but have now been removed (except you missed Imlerith), was the addition of these keywords unintended for the time being? (I'm sure they can be considered a leek for the future :D)

Dear Burza,

Thank you and Jason for the wonderful Stream. When explaining the buff for Arachas Queen, Jason mentioned that she had 23(ish)% win rate and wanted to give her a chance with a little buff. Was she the leader with the least win rate in the entire game? Or was she compared with MO faction standard? Does similar comparison and statistics analysis is done with all the leaders? If so, if possible, can you share which is the faction with the least win rate and which leader?

I really love the change to Shirru. Now I think he is good and playable with Eithnè. Thanks for the awesome update.

Will Reveal or Spies be getting some love in March?? Also, will we get some more reward point quests?? Are you planning on Different card arts for the Leader Skins or some Unique Non-recolor Leader Skins (Meve Outlaw, Eredin Wraith)??

Hello Pawel,

Thank you for the response on my last question. One thing I forgot and that's been bugging me is will some unused cards get reworks like Letho did? I was thinking Coral and Ciri Nova, now since the first one got something new, will you give Ciri Nova a makeover? Since she's pretty useless, I tried some Arachas queen consume shenanigans in the Faction Challenge. And once I faced off a Bran that only seemed to have Ciri Nova, Morkvarg and buff/damage spells. But that's it. And accidentally recruited her in my first HC Arena, a Usurper Shupe deck, can't complain about that :)

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom