GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, will we get a new startup screen in CC, so that There's Dettlaff instead of Ciri and Geralt? might be a stupid question, probably is.

Will Braenn see a change seeing she's 7 for 7 with order?

A card like Dun Banner and Hawker Support get "bonus" points for meeting requirements, but Braenn, after meeting requirements, still remains 7 for 7

as Nivellen is already in the game we will see Vereena in the new expansion? she fits a lot with the thematic, specially for monsters faction! ^^

Also any chance to see Visenna as well as a neutral or northern realm card (she is from Mayena-Temeria) in the future? It would be great.
(Yes, Northern Realms have Nenneke but another ability for Visenna like for example "restore" , "purify" or even both depending on which row is she played would be nice) = )

Last edited:
Two questions about latest two streams:

1. Vitality vs Bleeding. What happens if some unit has got Vitality 2 and Bleeding 3 at the same time?
a) Do these two statuses cancel each other for the first two turns (no visible results) and then Bleeding 1 happens on third turn?
b) Bleeding 1 happens on the current turn and this action ends both statuses?

2. What's the approximate date of Gwent library's release on CDPR's website? I would like to have just option to save / archive my decks. Can we expect such basic functionality in March or this release is still months away from today?

As an open beta PS4 player coming close to the Grand Master title several times, I was rather sad when I did not recieve the title when reaching rank 0 in homecoming. Any plans of bringing it back?

What happens to the points I spend in the seasonal tree? I dont think I ll manage to get the cardback before the month ends, did I waste my points?

Greetings burza,
I’m curious whether we’ll be getting some new visual effects with the expansion? like for eg. the poison shot of the driads looking like an arrow that explodes on contact into a green cloud of poison surrounding the affected unit instead of the current ping effect attached to most units and artifacts, or every tick of the bleeding effect would look like the blood is squirted out of the unit, and so on and so forth, just little stuff that could give the cards more flavor. Also was wondering if the gold cards (the legendary ones) will be getting their long awaited entrance animations (be it just the expansion golds or a mix of old and new), and if not is it something that’s planned to be added to cards in the future? Thanks :)

Greetings burza,
I’m curious whether we’ll be getting some new visual effects with the expansion? like for eg. the poison shot of the driads looking like an arrow that explodes on contact into a green cloud of poison surrounding the affected unit instead of the current ping effect attached to most units and artifacts, or every tick of the bleeding effect would look like the blood is squirted out of the unit, and so on and so forth, just little stuff that could give the cards more flavor. Also was wondering if the gold cards (the legendary ones) will be getting their long awaited entrance animations (be it just the expansion golds or a mix of old and new), and if not is it something that’s planned to be added to cards in the future? Thanks :)

There will be new VFX, but not as detailed as the once you mentioned.

Hi Pavko!
About one of new cards: "Musicians of Blaviken". I know it's a 'fun' card, but it's ability is really really weak, even Gascon have a chance to be better from this. But one small change could make it so much better and fun, maybe even playable in some decks. What if it was giving ramdomly one of that four statuses to chosen card on board, instead of this card? it could be strong in some situations, and weak in others, just like a real 'fun' card should be. It would be similar to Shupe, that can be very usefull if we are lucky, or not (for example, if someone put this into Scoia deck to maybe have another card giving poison, but not always, so it never would be auto include). With that change it's provision could be higher, or have less points etc. If maybe you could pass that sugestion to team, I would be very greatefull, as I don't want such beutiful card to be dead :sad:. Thanks ;)

Could you give us some insight on why very weak RNG style cards are still being designed for this game? It seems like they are being made purposely weak so that RNG cards won't be played but if that is the case then why put RNG cards in the game in the first place?

Could you give us some insight on why very weak RNG style cards are still being designed for this game? It seems like they are being made purposely weak so that RNG cards won't be played but if that is the case then why put RNG cards in the game in the first place?

Because they are fun to play and fun to design. We understand the notion that most competitive players would only like consistent cards, but these cards are simply not fun to design and play around with.

Would an old Gwent Seasonal mode, just for fun, ever happen? Something like eligible decks must have only 10 golds, or 4 legendaries and 6 epics and no provision costs for cards, just put anything you want.

We understand the notion that most competitive players would only like consistent cards, but these cards are simply not fun to design and play around with.

Hi Pawel,

It's sad to hear that the devs have no fun designing competitive cards for the upcoming expansion :( Can you please clarify or edit your post? Because it seemed to me like most of the stuff that we're getting with the new expansion is not being made with joy and inspiration, which will lead to failures at some point in time. We, the playerbase, are like children to you, game devs, and with every card you show to us, we feel the creative beauty of every idea and a mass of thought you put into it. But we can feel lack of those as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom